10 Things That Need to Happen for The Cowboys

Reaction score
This is a posting I was reading of another board ( I hope it is not a problem pasting it here) that I thought was interesting. I would like to here you guys take on this since I feel you guys are alot more knowledgeable.

1. Tony Romo has to become that franchise quarterback the organization expects him to become.

2. Wade Phillips' defensive changes to the 3 / 4 defense has to be a success in suppling more pressure on opposing quarterbacks than what Parcells had to offer.

3. Marcus Spears, Chris Canty, Bobby Carpenter and Anthony Spencer have to generate more pass rush to take the pressure off our secondary.

4. Our defensive secondary has to defend the deep pass better. Hopefully the addition of Ken Hamlin and the developement of Pat Watkins will put to rest the drafting a replacement in 2008.

5. Jason Garrett has to take advantage of the weapons we have on offense and make the right play calls and second half adjustments.

6. We need to stay healthy. Greg Ellis injury really crippled our defensive pass rush, not to mention the entire defense.

7. We need one of our younger receivers (Hurd, Miles,Stanback) to develop into at least a #3 receiver, do to Patrick Crayton's pending unrestricted free agency. I think we will be looking for a replacement for Owens or Glenn next draft.

8. Leonard Davis has to become an impact on our offensive line. He has to justify the money Jerry gave him. Jerry is starting to get wise about dishing out enormous signing bonuses. This is why He drafted two offensive linemen.

9. Hopefully we can find Flozell Adams replacement on our roster without moving Leonard Davis to LT.

10. Here is to Cleveland Browns 0-16 season.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
Va_BoysFan4 Life;1486072 said:
This is a posting I was reading of another board ( I hope it is not a problem pasting it here) that I thought was interesting. I would like to here you guys take on this since I feel you guys are alot more knowledgeable.

1. Tony Romo has to become that franchise quarterback the organization expects him to become.

2. Wade Phillips' defensive changes to the 3 / 4 defense has to be a success in suppling more pressure on opposing quarterbacks than what Parcells had to offer.

3. Marcus Spears, Chris Canty, Bobby Carpenter and Anthony Spencer have to generate more pass rush to take the pressure off our secondary.

4. Our defensive secondary has to defend the deep pass better. Hopefully the addition of Ken Hamlin and the developement of Pat Watkins will put to rest the drafting a replacement in 2008.

5. Jason Garrett has to take advantage of the weapons we have on offense and make the right play calls and second half adjustments.

6. We need to stay healthy. Greg Ellis injury really crippled our defensive pass rush, not to mention the entire defense.

7. We need one of our younger receivers (Hurd, Miles,Stanback) to develop into at least a #3 receiver, do to Patrick Crayton's pending unrestricted free agency. I think we will be looking for a replacement for Owens or Glenn next draft.

8. Leonard Davis has to become an impact on our offensive line. He has to justify the money Jerry gave him. Jerry is starting to get wise about dishing out enormous signing bonuses. This is why He drafted two offensive linemen.

9. Hopefully we can find Flozell Adams replacement on our roster without moving Leonard Davis to LT.

10. Here is to Cleveland Browns 0-16 season.

Each one is a given.....the only thing that made me read over a couple of times is the Patrick Crayton one.....I think he can turn into a very good WR thereby deserving of what we may resign him to.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
No problems here. I'd change 3 to the front seven must get pressure but those people are going to have to step up. Good list.

jswalker1981

Fact > Your Opinion
Reaction score
Jimz31;1486093 said:
Each one is a given.....the only thing that made me read over a couple of times is the Patrick Crayton one.....I think he can turn into a very good WR thereby deserving of what we may resign him to.

I totally agree. I could easily see Crayton as a starter, go-to possession receiver. He catches everything that is thrown his way, and can shed bad tackles to pick up extra yards. I love it when he is on the field, him and Romo seem to have a good connection.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
More important: