10 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Star Trek: The Original Series

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I came across these and I know there are lots of Star Trek fans here.

Enjoy!

=========================================

10 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Star Trek: The Original Series

Space may be the final frontier, but Star Trek is a well-explored universe by now. Captain Kirk, the Enterprise, transporters, phasers, tricorders and Klingons are part of our common language. But there's still tons of insane stuff you've never heard about Trek.

We dug deep into the secret history of Star Trek, the half-forgotten details and weird happenstance that went into creating a cultural phenomenon that has lasted almost five decades. Here, in no particular order, are 10 things you probably didn't know about Star Trek: The Original Series.

Complete Story

==============================================

A second offering.

8 Ways That Judges Have Cited Star Trek From the Bench

Star Trek's influence goes way beyond die-hard science fiction fans. The saga of Starfleet has influenced how we think about ethics, morality and the nature of civilization. Time and again, when sitting judges reach for a great metaphor, they mention the voyages of the Starship Enterprise.

Here are eight different ways that judges have quoted from Star Trek in their rulings, and what we can learn from them.

Complete Story

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Wow neat!

I thought this was especially interesting......
10. Star Trek visited Mayberry... twice.
The show was so broke, it reused tons of outdoor sets from The Andy Griffith Show, particularly in the episodes "Miri" and "City on the Edge of Forever." You can actually see Floyd's Barber Shop, where Andy regularly got his hair cut, in the background of scenes where Captain Kirk is walking along with Edith Keeler. You can also see the Mayberry Courthouse, Walkers Drugstore and several other major landmarks quite prominently in both episodes. There are tons and tons of pics, including set pics, at the link below.