10 ways Android still beats the new iPhone 5

Kangaroo

Reaction score
In some ways i miss my Blackberry and my old thumb wheel.

The new Touch screens are all cool and stuff but their is a lag between transitions and stuff where the old school balckberry had that response and boy could you fly with that thumb wheel.

What i find funny is a bunch of people that use to make fun of me and my Blackberry (before the iphone ever existed) I would never carry a phone that size well guess what most of them have a smart phone now. :laugh2:

Hey so I guess us geeks where trend setters back in the day :eek:

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
http://i43.***BLOCKED***/albums/e390/KoRnKiD05/658465940_zpse3a067e3.jpg

there are alot of other ways both phones beat each other, just cause one is ran in a communistic way doesn't make it any less of a phone. But if you chose the one thats open and youre free to do as youd like you'd be on the winning side ;) (i'm biased though)

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;4738736 said:
telephone reception is so passe

:laugh2:

Its funny since I use my "phone" so little as a voice telecom device and more of a web-access device.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
SaltwaterServr;4738743 said:
:laugh2:

Its funny since I use my "phone" so little as a voice telecom device and more of a web-access device.

Yup, same here. :D

a_minimalist

Reaction score
I've been a huge advocate of Apple. I've even waited on a long line for the iPhone 4(I regret that). I'm strongly considering the Samsung Galaxy S3 over the new iPhone right now. Never in a million years did I think I would ever say that either.

My only drawback is I like how everything on my iMac will automatically sync to the iPhone; bookmarks and such.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sam I Am;4739755 said:
Apparently, Android also beats the iPhone in maps.

Images from the actual app.

I heard they removed Google Maps from the iTunes store too. So iPhone users are stuck with that mess.

Don't think it was ever on Itunes store. I think it was just a built in app with the phone/ios.

Now with the new 6 IOS update it substituted the google app that was there originally with the apple version.

Just as there was a standard youtube app that came on the phone/ios. There was not a youtube download app from Itunes.

Now youtube made a separate downloadable app you can download and I imagine google maps will do the same. They had no reason to have a downloadable google map app before since it was already on the iphone. Now they will.

They got every other google app in the itunes store, lattitude, search, drive, earth, chrome and so on and so on. So it is not like apple is forbidding Google from having apps in the itune store.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;4739769 said:
Don't think it was ever on Itunes store. I think it was just a built in app with the phone/ios.

Now with the new 6 IOS update it substituted the google app that was there originally with the apple version.

Just as there was a standard youtube app that came on the phone/ios. There was not a youtube download app from Itunes.

Now youtube made a separate downloadable app you can download and I imagine google maps will do the same. They had no reason to have a downloadable google map app before since it was already on the iphone. Now they will.

They got every other google app in the itunes store, lattitude, search, drive, earth, chrome and so on and so on. So it is not like apple is forbidding Google from having apps in the itune store.

Ahh. I did not know that. Well, I did about the Youtube app, though Apple was the actually supplier of the Youtube app I believe. I don't believe Google actually coded that app. If I remember correctly, Apple just licensed calling it Youtube app with Google.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sam I Am;4739788 said:
Ahh. I did not know that. Well, I did about the Youtube app, though Apple was the actually supplier of the Youtube app I believe. I don't believe Google actually coded that app. If I remember correctly, Apple just licensed calling it Youtube app with Google.

This should give you some warm and fuzzy feelings down in your apple hating heart:laugh2:

http://news.yahoo.com/apple-ios-6-maps-app-awful-now-world-134533245.html

I never used the map feature on my phone, this was the first time I even looked at it as I noticed the icon was slightly different.

I use the map feature on my desktop on occasion when I am bored...just not on my phone.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;4739812 said:
This should give you some warm and fuzzy feelings down in your apple hating heart:laugh2:

I never used the map feature on my phone, this was the first time I even looked at it as I noticed the icon was slightly different.

I use the map feature on my desktop on occasion when I am bored...just not on my phone.

:laugh2: Love it.

Q the sheep with "I never use maps on my iPhone anyways." :laugh2:

But seriously. You have to laugh about this decision by Apple. Why remove Google Maps? Why not just go ahead and remove GMAIL? What? That would REALLY irk the sheep? NEWSFLASH: Remove Google Maps has done just that.

Just an odd decision.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;4739812 said:

I heard the Apple version of Google Maps wasn't anywhere near as good as the Android version. It was missing stuff like Navigation and the like.

I tell you, Google Maps on Android is easily one of my most used apps. I use it for searching for stuff all the time rather than doing a normal Google search. Usually, I will use that or Google Now which I am completely hooked on too. It always gives me scores of my teams, train schedules, train delays, weather, restaurants near by, and even looks at my location and figures out how long it will take me to get to my next appointment and warns me when I need to leave to make it there on time. All of that without even searching or asking for it. It's all kinds of awesome.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dallas;4739841 said:
:laugh2: Love it.

Q the sheep with "I never use maps on my iPhone anyways." :laugh2:

But seriously. You have to laugh about this decision by Apple. Why remove Google Maps? Why not just go ahead and remove GMAIL? What? That would REALLY irk the sheep? NEWSFLASH: Remove Google Maps has done just that.

Just an odd decision.

Maybe I don't find myself lost and looking at a phone app on a regular basis ...now for those of you who do get lost on a regular basis and need a phone app for that...you can use the current one apple put on there, you can wait a few weeks until google puts one to download for free on itune, you can find a different map app on itunes or you can use google chrome or safari to go to a number of online sites where you can find maps. I am pretty sure any of those options can get you from point A to B even if it might not give you a pretty outdated satellite picture of something or even if someone does not know how to turn on the location settings in the phone.

In other words...of the things that are legit complaints of the phone (having to buy new cords or adapters or no USB/external storage card opiton)...this map thing just seems a little low on the OMG outrage meter for me.

Does not make me a sheep...it also doesn't make me a whiner over something so trivial.