10 worst QB situations in the NFL

kskboys

Reaction score
The Cowboys QB situation at present is completely unknown and is frankly in a state of flux. Could be great or horrible. We do have a very nice young talent, albeit raw, at Qb w/ Mike White.

Are we bottom 10? If Dak doesn't improve and White is the next Drew Hutchison, prolly. We could also, however, be top 10.

At this point, we should basically be in a separate category labeled "unknown."

Batman1980

Reaction score
The Cowboys QB situation at present is completely unknown and is frankly in a state of flux. Could be great or horrible. We do have a very nice young talent, albeit raw, at Qb w/ Mike White.

Are we bottom 10? If Dak doesn't improve and White is the next Drew Hutchison, prolly. We could also, however, be top 10.

At this point, we should basically be in a separate category labeled "unknown."

Honestly, I remember the limbo years between Aikman and Romo. At this point, I doubt Dak will ever be the playmaker Romo was. However, he's usually pretty good at protecting the ball. Assuming he can improve at movement in the pocket and finding secondary and tertiary options, I think we'll be just fine. We don't need him to be Superman, we have Zeke Elliott for that.

kskboys

Reaction score
What I like about Prescott is he shares Romo's love for the game. I wouldn't be surprised to see him look closer to 2016 Prescott than 2017 Prescott this year, especially if we get a full season out of our RB1 and LT. I doubt he will ever have a 4 to 1 TD to INT ratio again though, unless he throws like 40 TDs.
Prescott's first year in the league hurt him. While he should've been improving his passing, he was able to dink and dunk and hand the ball off. Last season was good for him, and since he's a hard worker, I see a better QB this season. He learned and improved every year in college, so it's not completely out of the realm of possibilities that he will continue to do so.

Meanwhile, predicting complete failure or success at this point is completely pointless.

kskboys

Reaction score
Honestly, I remember the limbo years between Aikman and Romo. At this point, I doubt Dak will ever be the playmaker Romo was. However, he's usually pretty good at protecting the ball. Assuming he can improve at movement in the pocket and finding secondary and tertiary options, I think we'll be just fine. We don't need him to be Superman, we have Zeke Elliott for that.
Romo was a great playmaker, but was often lacking in consistently moving the ball. Dak is the opposite, he knows how to move the ball, but may not be much of a playmaker.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Ummmm....not really true. Prescott's problems are primarily related to footwork. And since Prescott has been steadily improving since his early college days, it's easy to predict some improvement.

No, it's not "easy" because he's going into his 3rd season and this is still a problem. Hell, he may have REGRESSED in that department.

If it was easy, he wouldn't still be struggling with it 3 years into his career.

Last edited:

kskboys

Reaction score
No, it's not "easy" because he's going into his 3rd season and this is still a problem. Hell, he may have REGRESSED in that department.

If it was easy, he wouldn't still be struggling with it 3 years into his career.
That's part of the problem. His first year, he should've been working on it. Instead, he was bus driving. Our staff should've been working w/ him to improve, not just maintain the status quo. We are notorious for not developing players.

And that's part of the other problem w/ this org. When we are winning, we are blind to problems. We generally can't see a problem until it's glaring. This is what beget the 09 ST's draft. We were unable to see problems(Like the OL deteriorating and the DL getting old) until they are glaring.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Romo was a great playmaker, but was often lacking in consistently moving the ball. Dak is the opposite, he knows how to move the ball, but may not be much of a playmaker.
Interesting point.

I do think that in 2014, once Romo had the line and running game least similar to what Dak has now, he and the offense relentlessly moved the chains.

Would be amazing if Dak could grow into something like that.
Im pulling for him.

kskboys

Reaction score
Interesting point.

I do think that in 2014, once Romo had the line and running game least similar to what Dak has now, he and the offense relentlessly moved the chains.

Would be amazing if Dak could grow into something like that.
Im pulling for him.
Everyone always defends Romo out of habit, but no, he wasn't much of a game manager. He did get much better after Kitna took over for him when he was injured.