100% real Kung **

Afigueroa22

Reaction score
[youtube]jKe5Ad2rSOI&feature=related[/youtube]

Also, if you haven't seen The Raid: Redemption your behind on your martial arts movies.

[youtube]My02wp9fsho[/youtube]

Rynie

Benched
Reaction score
Saw it. Loved it!!. I collect kung-** movies. I have about 72 flicks total. The raid goes super hard.

Afigueroa22

Reaction score
Rynie;4582205 said:
Saw it. Loved it!!. I collect kung-** movies. I have about 72 flicks total. The raid goes super hard.

Yeah I went to the midnight screening here in Vegas. A lot of Kung ** guys came, it was well worth it.

Trendnet

Reaction score
Afigueroa22;4582437 said:
Yeah I went to the midnight screening here in Vegas. A lot of Kung ** guys came, it was well worth it.

The Raid was awesome movie.

To me it's a must buy on blu-ray when it gets released.

But I don't think that was Kung-**. It's indonesian martial art http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pencak_Silat. Although that may just be arguing semantics.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you have not already seen them...you might want to watch Ipman and Ipman2...both can be seen free on Hulu.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I just can't get into Martial Arts movies anymore. After I saw this one, it was pretty much ruined for me.

http://th230.***BLOCKED***/albums/ee49/ladeyshiah/th_hong_kong_phooey.jpg

Kangaroo

Reaction score
[youtube]5-od9F5mKmY[/youtube]

This one is on netflix it is subtitled pretty darn good movie

phillycard

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;4582519 said:
If you have not already seen them...you might want to watch Ipman and Ipman2...both can be seen free on Hulu.

Ipman, wow. That is some damn good martial arts right there. pretty much shames all other attempts at the genre now. Just exciting stuff.

arglebargle

Reaction score
Rynie;4582205 said:

I am an old school fan, Shaw, Golden Harvest, etc. Though I do enjoy the modern action and newer productions as well.

My fave old school kung ** fight scene, with 'Shaolin Monk' Gordon Liu vs Wang Lung-wei, Shaw's greatest kung ** villain. Some very nice sequences that you can see were shot without film cuts.

[youtube]zFXdoV8nsaQ[/youtube]

Rynie

Benched
Reaction score
arglebargle;4582836 said:
I am an old school fan, Shaw, Golden Harvest, etc. Though I do enjoy the modern action and newer productions as well.

My fave old school kung ** fight scene, with 'Shaolin Monk' Gordon Liu vs Wang Lung-wei, Shaw's greatest kung ** villain. Some very nice sequences that you can see were shot without film cuts.

Yes sir. Shaw Brothers, Dragon Dynasty, etc. I love all of them. I'm a HUGE fan of Yeun Woo Ping, the action choreographer/director. Tarantino got him to do the stunts for both Kill Bills. My favorite old-school flick is easily Master of the Flying Guillotine
[youtube]RmdP1qTjGZY&feature=related[/youtube]

BP is right. Ip Man and Ip Man 2 are among my favorites as well. This is one of my favorite fight scenes.
[youtube]xg9Y6TkGiSA[/youtube]

My favorite era is the late 80's/early 90's. Once Upon A Time in China, Legend of the Red Dragon, Fist of Legend, etc. Basically all Donnie Yen and Jet Li movies are good, imo.
[youtube]osIQh-3_aHg[/youtube]

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Never been a Jet Li fan

I loved old school Chow Yun-fat of course Hard Boiled was his best action flick

Rynie

Benched
Reaction score
Kangaroo;4583158 said:
Never been a Jet Li fan

I loved old school Chow Yun-fat of course Hard Boiled was his best action flick
Psshhh. Old school Jet Li is the truth, son! Donnie Yen too. Chow yun Fat is alright. Gordon Liu is classic as well.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Rynie;4583182 said:
Psshhh. Old school Jet Li is the truth, son! Donnie Yen too. Chow yun Fat is alright. Gordon Liu is classic as well.

Just never been a Jet Li fan oh while i am just weird

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Ong Bak
Once Upon A Time
13 Assassins
IpMan
Return of the Dragon

Rynie

Benched
Reaction score
Kangaroo;4583697 said:
Just watched that one tonight and it was a very good movie. The sword choreography was outstanding.
Casmith07 saw that movie like months ago! Haha. :D

I'm glad to see there are other kung-** movie nerds on this forum. I'm impressed!:bow: :bow:

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
Kangaroo;4582813 said:
[youtube]5-od9F5mKmY[/youtube]

This one is on netflix it is subtitled pretty darn good movie
I'm a Korean but not really into old historical Korean movies but this one was really good, enjoyed it immensely.

arglebargle

Reaction score
Rynie;4583039 said:
Yes sir. Shaw Brothers, Dragon Dynasty, etc. I love all of them. I'm a HUGE fan of Yeun Woo Ping, the action choreographer/director. Tarantino got him to do the stunts for both Kill Bills. My favorite old-school flick is easily Master of the Flying Guillotine

BP is right. Ip Man and Ip Man 2 are among my favorites as well. This is one of my favorite fight scenes.

My favorite era is the late 80's/early 90's. Once Upon A Time in China, Legend of the Red Dragon, Fist of Legend, etc. Basically all Donnie Yen and Jet Li movies are good, imo.

Master of the Flying Guillotine was the first kung ** film I ever saw. It go me started. Was lucky enough to catch it in a downtown theater with an enthusiastic audience.

Also, Jet Li has the moves, though Chow Yun Fat has the cool. I agree with the Kangaroo that Hard Boiled was probably the pinnacle action film for him. The two shootout sequences down the long halls, seperated only by the elevator, were both shot in just one take. Brilliant choreograpy.

Nice to see all the recomendations, some of which I had missed. Got some cool viewing ahead.

My fave director/choreographer, and sometimes actor, Lau Kar-Leung, did this scene from Drunken Master 2....

[youtube]WJbLRaMmGeo[/youtube]