100% real Kung **

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
My favorite Jackie Chan movies are Shaolin Wooden Men and The Fearless Hyena.

Growing up there was a theater my brother and I went to all the time that played Martial Arts movies. We would buy a ticket for the first showing and afterwards sneak into the other rooms and watch movies all day.

pupulehaole

Reaction score
Donnie Yen is the man if you havnt seen his movies plz go watch them. IP Man and IP man 2 were great. He has many though.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Rynie;4583904 said:
Casmith07 saw that movie like months ago! Haha. :D

I'm glad to see there are other kung-** movie nerds on this forum. I'm impressed!:bow: :bow:

I am more of a Martial Arts movie fan in general. Seen a lot of bad ones as well as good martial art movies.

As a kid I use to love Kung ** theater on TV. That stuff was awesome sauce growing up. The beauty of this day in age is the amount of movies that make it to the US from Asian has grown. Also the amount of American made Martial Arts movies have increased.

On a side note I actually train in a Japanese Martial Art which makes it even more enjoyable to watch because I like picking out things they do similar to what i have study it is fascinating seeing the different concept used in various arts.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Growing up in a house where we all studied Martial Arts was fun. I'm now trying to pass it along to my kids. My son for example likes to try new pressure points on his little sister. LOL... She is good at dishing it out too so it is fun to watch them go back and forth :)

Rynie

Benched
Reaction score
viman96;4584291 said:
Growing up in a house where we all studied Martial Arts was fun. I'm now trying to pass it along to my kids. My son for example likes to try new pressure points on his little sister. LOL... She is good at dishing it out too so it is fun to watch them go back and forth :)
:laugh2:

What if you walked in the room one day and she was paralyzed briefly...like they do in about 60% of kung-** movies.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
haha that would be pretty funny. When they get a little older I will teach them joint locking techniques and then the fun will really begin!

Kangaroo

Reaction score
viman96;4584359 said:
haha that would be pretty funny. When they get a little older I will teach them joint locking techniques and then the fun will really begin!

Funny a lot of the pressure point ones do not work on me. We do one called yonkyo along the radial nerve in the wrist and I feel nothing. Now joint locks different story

arglebargle

Reaction score
Kangaroo;4584267 said:
I am more of a Martial Arts movie fan in general. Seen a lot of bad ones as well as good martial art movies.

As a kid I use to love Kung ** theater on TV. That stuff was awesome sauce growing up. The beauty of this day in age is the amount of movies that make it to the US from Asian has grown. Also the amount of American made Martial Arts movies have increased.

On a side note I actually train in a Japanese Martial Art which makes it even more enjoyable to watch because I like picking out things they do similar to what i have study it is fascinating seeing the different concept used in various arts.

My favorite Japanese series were the Zatoichi ones. Though I really like the Kurosawa/Mifune ones as well. There are a gazillion chambara films to choose from though. Tattooed Judge, Babycart from Hell, 47 Ronin, etc

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I remember watching Kung ** Theater every Saturday morning at 11am.

That was good stuff.