100X more powerful than the Hubble telescope

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Are you heading South? BTW, technically every star you see with the naked eye is in the Milky Way, but I assume you mean you want to see the center of the galaxy. I'd like to that myself someday.

iu

Whatever this is

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
iu

Whatever this is
That's the center of the galaxy. If you look very closely you can see the supermassive black hole, Sagittarius A* at the center....Nah, just kidding, you can't see it...but it's there.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
That's the center of the galaxy. If you look very closely you can see the supermassive black hole, Sagittarius A* at the center....Nah, just kidding, you can't see it...but it's there.

It is something. I don't know if center of the galaxy does it justice, I think i will call it star rainbow

My new background on my computer

iu

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It is something. I don't know if center of the galaxy does it justice, I think i will call it star rainbow

My new background on my computer

iu
I've never seen it arced like that. I think that's either time lapse photography as the Earth rotated, or it's an artist's rendering. Considering the light source in the background, I'm leaning toward artist's rendering.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
I've never seen it arced like that. I think that's either time lapse photography as the Earth rotated, or it's an artist's rendering. Considering the light source in the background, I'm leaning toward artist's rendering.

Panoramic Shot Made Of 11 Vertical Shots With 180° View

terra

Reaction score
I don't necessarily subscribe in full to the theory, but there's a difference between the definition of "theory" and the definition of "scientific theory", the former being pretty much a guess, and the latter being a working model of a scientific concept. That said, the evidence is strongly in favor of it.

They know the universe is expanding, and that it's speeding up. When they do the math, it works out to everything originating from a singularity smaller than an atom and infinitely hot.

This is considered a fact by the vast majority of astronomers, astrophysicists, and quantum physicists.

I personally don't know why it has to be so small, except that it would require that much energy to cause such an expansion.
In the world of science there really is nothing that is a completely proven FACT.

Because as we learn more and more and our technology advances we are constantly showing that many accepted FACTS are false.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
In the world of science there really is nothing that is a completely proven FACT.

Because as we learn more and more and our technology advances we are constantly showing that many accepted FACTS are false.
The scientific community won't claim that their conclusions are facts. They'll state that they're 100% certain about some things, but they acknowledge the possibility that they could be mistaken, or that new information or better technology may improve on their theories. That's what makes science more trustworthy than just believing your senses or believing people who aren't scientists

terra

Reaction score
The scientific community won't claim that their conclusions are facts. They'll state that they're 100% certain about some things, but they acknowledge the possibility that they could be mistaken, or that new information or better technology may improve on their theories. That's what makes science more trustworthy than just believing your senses or believing people who aren't scientists
Yep, when someone says something is a fact they are not a real scientist despite what they call themselves.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
To drive home an earlier point; Scientists are still citing Einstein's 'Theory' of Relativity when new evidence is discovered that confirms it to be correct, such as the recent evidence that you can see light from the back of a black hole. It's been over 100 years, and every experiment and observation throughout the years have confirmed it to be correct, yet they still refer to it as a theory, so for those who think a theory is the same as a hypothesis, they should consider that.

With that said, 'Relativity' breaks down at the quantum level, which is a driving force in the efforts to prove String Theory (or M Theory) as a unifying theory between Relativity and Quantum Mechanics. There hasn't been a lot of success in that field, and it may ultimately turn out to be incorrect, but some of the most intelligent people on the planet have dedicated their lives to the cause, so it's certainly not outside the realm of possibility.

Hardline

Reaction score
I don't necessarily subscribe in full to the theory, but there's a difference between the definition of "theory" and the definition of "scientific theory", the former being pretty much a guess, and the latter being a working model of a scientific concept. That said, the evidence is strongly in favor of it.

They know the universe is expanding, and that it's speeding up. When they do the math, it works out to everything originating from a singularity smaller than an atom and infinitely hot.

This is considered a fact by the vast majority of astronomers, astrophysicists, and quantum physicists.

I personally don't know why it has to be so small, except that it would require that much energy to cause such an expansion.

You're wrong
I am?
Take a handful of nothing and create something.
Science proves you wrong.
Matter cannot be created or destroyed.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I am?
Matter can be created from energy and vice versa, hence the equation E = mc2.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Not if you stick strictly to science.
Entropy and thermodynamics disprove the big bang.
No, they don't. Seriously, if that were true, don't you think scientists would know that? The scientific method demands that any theory is constantly being checked by peer review, and any scientist who could disprove the Big Bang would become very famous, so there's no reason to believe they wouldn't try. In fact, that's another part of the scientific method: Trying to disprove a theory or hypothesis.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Matter cannot be created.
Energy and light have a source. It just doesn't come from thin air.
How do you know the source of the primordial atom wasn't a different universe? Clearly everything that exists now is a product of something, but what?...Was that something always here, or did it just pop into existence before the laws that govern our universe existed? Remember that just because our universe works the way it does, doesn't mean everything that may have existed before or outside our universe follow the same laws. Gravity, electromagnetism, and the nuclear forces may be balanced differently elsewhere, if they exist at all, and if there is an elsewhere, which seems likely.

jwitten82

Reaction score
I am?
Lol you clearly don't understand the big bang theory. It doesn't say there was an explosion and everything came to existence, the big bang talks about what happened right after our universe came into existence, which was a rapid expansion, it doesn't talk about how the universe came into existence

terra

Reaction score
Lol you clearly don't understand the big bang theory. It doesn't say there was an explosion and everything came to existence, the big bang talks about what happened right after our universe came into existence, which was a rapid expansion, it doesn't talk about how the universe came into existence
yeah, how could there be a big bang without anyone to hear it?

Or at least have a VERY LARGE condom handy......