Recap: 103.3 Dallas:" Dez vs. R West, B Butler vs. TWill

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Because it is a distraction. When you have a job that pays 70M, you should do everything possible to minimize distractions. Dez would be doing it for himself.

Heck, I think Jerry should call those bozos and make this go away.
For all intents and purposes, Dez has been showing out in training camp, so how is it distracting him?

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
sen. west's political career would be over if he pulled a stunt that got dez into deeper trouble. my guess is jerry will have this settled within the week.
I haven't lived in Texas in many years, so I don't know...can someone can tell me how an apparent shyster like West can become a State Senator. Are people really that foolish and gullible???

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I haven't lived in Texas in many years, so I don't know...can someone can tell me how an apparent shyster like West can become a State Senator. Are people really that foolish and gullible???
Keep up with politics? The crooks are everywhere on both sides and way too many people are ok with their crooks because they are theirs.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
Keep up with politics? The crooks are everywhere on both sides and way too many people are ok with their crooks because they are theirs.
You are correct, and I know that politicians, in general, are crooks and liars. It still astonishes me that we not only tolerate them, but support them.

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score
For all intents and purposes, Dez has been showing out in training camp, so how is it distracting him?

How would anybody really know whether it is distracting him or not?

Performance in training camp is only a small indicator. The depostions haven't even started yet. If things were to get ugly problems could certainly arise, who could know.

I don't know enough about the situation to say if he should settle or not, but proceedings have just started, so to say that he looks good in camp so no worries re: distractions is a little premature i think.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Performance in training camp is only a small indicator. The depostions haven't even started yet. If things were to get ugly problems could certainly arise, who could know.

I don't know enough about the situation to say if he should settle or not, but proceedings have just started, so to say that he looks good in camp so no worries re: distractions is a little premature i think.
My general point is let's not act like the man can't walk and chew gum. People multi-task various aspects of their life all the time. So no, I'm not saying "No worries," I am saying that clearly a civil suit hanging over him hasn't stopped him from doing his job and I think that's all the tangible evidence we have to go by.

These players date, go clubbing, get married, have kids, buy and sell businesses, go on vacations, and a number of things that can be a distraction to their football life. And with all that Dez has gone through to get to this point, you think one funky lawsuit is going to be a problem for him to handle? Pssh..

I would think the criminal cloud hanging over Zeke would be more of a distraction than this lawsuit. This is the difference between personal freedom and cutting a check.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He said in a local radio interview that he has to work to keep it from being a distraction.

IMO, anytime a player has to answer questions about off field subjects, then it is a distraction to some extent.

My point is why take a chance on it being a distraction. Is it just to make a point?

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He said in a local radio interview that he has to work to keep it from being a distraction.

IMO, anytime a player has to answer questions about off field subjects, then it is a distraction to some extent.

My point is why take a chance on it being a distraction. Is it just to make a point?
It's about the principalities.

SmokeyFridayBigWorm.png

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score

What world do you guys live in where you never have anything happen a little sideways in your life? lol.