Video: 105TF: What Will Jaylon Smith Be Known For? Shan & RJ

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
He should be remembered for all the good things he did outside of the football field.

Cowboys Pro Bowler Jaylon Smith launches educational summit for minority entrepreneurs
Jaylon Smith Invests $600K to Minority Entrepreneurs in Inaugural MEI Texas Showcase

Far greater impact than what he did on that field.

Fans don't wanna see this ........... are you serious (lol)

HanD

Reaction score
That goalline hit vs Watson was a great play that was referred by Jon M in the clip.

Mostly positive. I mean, I think some regression was expected but Smith and LVE for that matter fell off cliffs after the Rams rushing beatdown.

that was another great play. i forgot about that one.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
That goalline hit vs Watson was a great play that was referred by Jon M in the clip.

Mostly positive. I mean, I think some regression was expected but Smith and LVE for that matter fell off cliffs after the Rams rushing beatdown.

LVE looks slower.

I’m not saying he is slow by any means but this isn’t the same guy who tracked down Saquon Barkley in the open field.

He’s still a heck of a football player but he doesn’t move around like he used to.

He still moves better than most but just not like he did in 2018.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
LVE looks slower.

I’m not saying he is slow by any means but this isn’t the same guy who tracked down Saquon Barkley in the open field.

He’s still a heck of a football player but he doesn’t move around like he used to.

LVE looks a step slow. I just keep trying to see the rookie LVE....and it just doesn't show up and I have no idea why.

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
I'll remember the cowboys losing to the Eagles in primetime and the camera panning by the defence which just gave up the lead, and it shows Jaylon faking a deep conversation with Tank and as he sees the camera he waves it off like 'nah, nah'. It was so cringe. I've never been happier with a player being off my team.

And for those of you who doubt these guys sources, don't they talk to Jerry Jones weekly? I'm assuming they know people in the team since they're the official radio station of the team.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Once Jerry and Son decided to award him with that huge contract, it was on!

Expectations were bigger than big and he simply couldn't justify it, try as he might.

To be totally honest, I though he got that contract largely to convince Zeke to settle for his.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
you have to think hard to find good plays but bad plays & infuriating lack of awareness are too numerous to count. tells you all you need to know.

conner01

Reaction score
Never got hating on a player
He worked hard to get back
He is a good person
He got over paid but that’s not on him
I think he gave it his all each week but just wasn’t the player he once was
I wish him the best of luck for his future

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
you have to think hard to find good plays but bad plays & infuriating lack of awareness are too numerous to count. tells you all you need to know.
He had some damn good plays in 2018. Hell he even had a few good plays this year in that Eagles game. Let's be honest. Its easier to remember the negative then the positive especially on a player most don't like anyway lol.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Once Jerry and Son decided to award him with that huge contract, it was on!

Expectations were bigger than big and he simply couldn't justify it, try as he might.

To be totally honest, I though he got that contract largely to convince Zeke to settle for his!

I think he got it because Jerry told him he would take care of him when he drafted him thinking he had outsmarted the league by getting him in the second round. Timing did seem to indicate they were trying to send a message to Zeke's camp but the message may have been "stay patient and I'll take care of you" which Zeke's camp ignored.

John813

Reaction score
LVE looks slower.

Yea, he lost that 4.65 "speed". Dunno if it's a neck issue where he doesn't want any high collision hits or he just lost some passion due to the injury.

Then again, Quinn recently praised him on where he's supposed on the field to be and we cut Smith as Neal is getting healthy.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He is a good person
I honestly don't get it with him. Especially knowing his story. He was probably never suppose to play football again. The day he got injured in college was the day his career got taken from him. He worked hard enough to at least buy himself 15 minutes but ultimately his career was over that day. I'm shocked at how bad things have gotten with this fanbase but there was some help from media outlets and TV broadcasts. People easily feed what's given them through media. Probably made it worse than it actually was.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I just asked what he SHOULD be remembered for lol. If you are asking what fans want to remember him for? For sucking of course lol.

Exactly, so hate on this guy, they don't hear about his off-field success which is interesting coz it appears he's going to be very successful after football. In fact, a job with one of the networks would not surprise me at all.........

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Yea, he lost that 4.65 "speed". Dunno if it's a neck issue where he doesn't want any high collision hits or he just lost some passion due to the injury.

Then again, Quinn recently praised him on where he's supposed on the field to be and we cut Smith as Neal is getting healthy.

I like the way he is playing. But he just isn’t what he was as a rookie. His rookie year it felt like we had 12 guys on defense. He was just everywhere.

Cmac

Reaction score
This Board been begging for Zeke to be gone too. JJ listens.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
He had some damn good plays in 2018. Hell he even had a few good plays this year in that Eagles game. Let's be honest. Its easier to remember the negative then the positive especially on a player most don't like anyway lol.

You may be right, but off the top of my head not a single play comes to mind. That's all I'm saying. If there were enough really good plays, I would remember them.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
He is a good person

:clap:post like this makes me proud to be a Cowboy fan

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I think he got it because Jerry told him he would take care of him when he drafted him thinking he had outsmarted the league by getting him in the second round. Timing did seem to indicate they were trying to send a message to Zeke's camp but the message may have been "stay patient and I'll take care of you" which Zeke's camp ignored.
I honestly think Jaylon knew he didn't have much time left at a high level in this league. Mind you we complain about the money but it wasn't that bad of a deal for the Cowboys if Jaylon had continued to play at a high level. It was suppose to be a "bargain" in Jerry's eyes. I think Jaylon and his team hopped on that deal as soon as it got offered because they knew they probably wouldn't get more over the same period of time if he had waited to sign.