11/17/2008 - Mike Ditka on 103.3 ESPN

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Chief;2425430 said:
The media hate around here never ceases to amaze.

When the Cowboys play bad, the media says so.

When the Cowboys play good, the media says so.

That's not jumping on and off bandwagons.

Aside from Berman and maybe a couple of others, the media doesn't care if the Cowboys win or lose. But they do want a story, and Jerry never lets them down in that regard.

:hammer:

bootsy

Benched
Reaction score
Chief;2425430 said:

Aside from Berman and maybe a couple of others, the media doesn't care if the Cowboys win or lose. But they do want a story, and Jerry never lets them down in that regard.
No. Doesn't work that way. You can't choose when to jump on and off the bandwagon especially when ESPN and Fox spend certain segments talking specifically about the Cowboys and trashing them and saying they had no heart. Then when they win everything is good. Doesn't work that way. I just heard Trent Dilfer tell Colin Blowherd that he has always been on the Cowboys bandwagon. The media does play both sides and to me that is not the right way to do it.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Chief;2425430 said:

I disagree Berman Carter and TJ definitely hate the boys.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
bootsy;2425511 said:
No. Doesn't work that way. You can't choose when to jump on and off the bandwagon especially when ESPN and Fox spend certain segments talking specifically about the Cowboys and trashing them and saying they had no heart. Then when they win everything is good. Doesn't work that way. I just heard Trent Dilfer tell Colin Blowherd that he has always been on the Cowboys bandwagon. The media does play both sides and to me that is not the right way to do it.

You don't get it.

And I can't make it any clearer than the previous post.

Oh, and about Dilfer ....

Two weeks ago, Dilfer predicted the Cowboys would go 10-6 and make the playoffs. I heard him say it and Colin was shocked.

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;2424994 said:
One thing I saw was people stepping up and getting their job done

If you look at romo play, he played like Brett Favre

The ints were bad but one was tipped and he is going to force some throws sometimes

As good as he is, I didn't think he was going to make a difference but the way he played last night, I think he is going to make a difference

There were some pride on the line and they stepped

They are not going to win the division but they can get into the Playoffs

:huh:

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2425513 said:
I disagree Berman Carter and TJ definitely hate the boys.

I said Berman and a couple of others.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Funny how the Giants got taken to overtime by the Benals, the Eagles got taken to OT by the Bengals but the Cowboys get bashed for only beating them by 9 when it happenned. I don't care what the media says. I never watch pregame shows, only post games if we win, but the bias does show through when I do catch them here and there.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Chief;2425430 said:

A voice of reason.

bootsy

Benched
Reaction score
Chief;2425519 said:
You don't get it.

And I can't make it any clearer than the previous post.

Oh, and about Dilfer ....

Two weeks ago, Dilfer predicted the Cowboys would go 10-6 and make the playoffs. I heard him say it and Colin was shocked.
Uh that's what I said. Dilfer has been on the Cowboys bandwagon. You said the media doesn't do this and you had someone in the media say just that.

WarC

Reaction score
Hostile;2425047 said:
Ditka is the one guy who really knows what he is talking about there and never lets emotion get in the way. When we were not playing well he said it without a lot of garbage.

Ayuh as far as I remember he didn't say anything about this team that Jimmy Johnson didn't say. I like Ditka a lot.