11 of the 40 most-watched TV broadcasts in 2023 were?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1150335.jpg

RonnieT24

Reaction score
The NFL has been king on TV for a very long time which is why there is no incentive for them to clean up their officiating mess. In the final analysis no amount of mistakes and screw jobs causes any less eyes to watch the games.

lkelly

Reaction score
That picture of Rob Lowe in the tweet reminds me of a time I stopped at a gas station on the way back home from a long road trip. The guy filling up his car next to me had an AFC hat on. That was the logo: AFC. It made me wonder how exactly he roots for teams on Sundays (does he only pay attention to cross-conference games?). Is the Pro Bowl even more exciting than the Super Bowl for him (back when they actually played it)?

That stretch of years where the NFC won every Super Bowl had to have been agonizing.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
11 out of 40 that's horrible!! The rest was us seeing Taylor Swift

1942willys

Reaction score
Even though the audience is increasingly fractured, the NFL is the surest bet the networks have. Which is why the money keeps rolling in.

And why the NFL is not really in the mood to change how they are doing business in any way.

Now the SMART thing to do would be take a good hard look at the game and everything else and see what pleases the fans most and what ticks them off the most and try and reduce the second and increase the first.
But fat dumb and happy describes the NFL.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
All I can see on that link are the Top 18 games

Philly has 7
K.C. has 5
Dal 4
Sf. 3

I guess we were more of a presence on the bottom half of that list of games?

BusDriver

Reaction score
All I can see on that link are the Top 18 games

Philly has 7
K.C. has 5
Dal 4
Sf. 3

I guess we were more of a presence on the bottom half of that list of games?
Not sure where you clicked or what you read …

From the article:

In a record-smashing year for the NFL, one in which the overall TV ratings are up 8% versus last season, a relatively limited roster of teams accounted for much of the league’s biggest deliveries. As much as Lowe would have us root for all things NFL, the Dallas Cowboys were the biggest ratings drivers in 2023. With an average draw of 25.2 million viewers per game across its 13 national TV appearances, America’s Team accounted for no fewer than 18 of the year’s 100 biggest audiences.
https://www.sportico.com/business/media/2024/nfl-posts-93-of-top-100-tv-broadcasts-2023-1234761753/

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
TOP 100 RANKINGS
  1. Cowboys - 22 games
  2. Chiefs - 16 games
  3. Eagles - 14 games
  4. Bills - 12 games
  5. 49ers - 10 games
  • Chiefs had more games than Cowboys in Top 50. Due to Playoffs.
  • Raiders, Jets, Bengals, Ravens, Dolphins, Giants, Steelers, Packers, Patriots, Seahawks might have been in Top 5 with better games/records last season and/or this season.
  • Bills doing very well for small market. Although I do see Josh Allen on more commercials than any other QB, so I would hope it helps.
  • Eagles getting very popular these days. Replacing Commanders and Giants with fans. Wonder if it’s an Anti-Cowboy reaction too? Pick one or the other.

wrongway

Reaction score
Even though the audience is increasingly fractured, the NFL is the surest bet the networks have. Which is why the money keeps rolling in.

And why the NFL is not really in the mood to change how they are doing business in any way.

Now the SMART thing to do would be take a good hard look at the game and everything else and see what pleases the fans most and what ticks them off the most and try and reduce the second and increase the first.
But fat dumb and happy describes the NFL.
That would be wise, won't do it though. They're to worried about the CEI scores.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I guess I'm in the minority because I've hated the "America's Team" moniker from the first time I heard it in the 70s.

I couldn't care less about TV ratings or Forbes values. :rolleyes:

SpaceCowboy99

Reaction score
DFW is the 4th or 5th largest metroplex population in the U.S.

Within 500 miles of DFW exists 6 or 7 cities in the top 20 population of the U.S. and only 1 of those besides DFW has a NFL team, Houston.

That's right, these teams do not have an NFL team although they are similar in size to some other NFL markets.

Fort worth
Austin
San Antonio
El Paso
Oklahoma City

Texas has 2 NFL teams. Guess which one is the most famous? Guess the population of Texas? 30 million

You guys post this every month. It makes me wonder what grade level did you finish before you dropped out. Captain Obvious.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
This definitely makes up for not getting near a Super Bowl for 25 years
Cowboys win the TV ratings and Forbes value trophies year after year. I can see why the Joneses would care, no idea why a fan would give a damn.

For some reason, we have fans who take pride in such things. I've never been one of those fans, and I'll never understand that mentality.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Cowboys win the TV ratings and Forbes value trophies year after year. I can see why the Joneses would care, no idea why a fan would give a damn.

For some reason, we have fans who take pride in such things. I've never been one of those fans, and I'll never understand that mentality.
Isn't this your 2nd post in this thread saying the same thing? Jake, for good measure, why don't you say it again just in case no one understood you the first two times? We all know the more you repeat yourself the more relevant it becomes. :rolleyes: