12-2,12-2,12-2,12-2

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
jasonwitten82;1838239 said:
I'm as disapointed as anybody about the loss, but what and who sucks is some of this so called Cowboy fans who are criticizing Garett and Romo:rolleyes:

If your QB has a bad thumb you change the way you are attacking. Especially in a one score game. We didn't need to go one dimensional in this game, we were losing by one score.
Garrett screwed up in Buffalo to.

When your QB is having a bad day don't force the issue.

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;1838325 said:
If your QB has a bad thumb you change the way you are attacking. Especially in a one score game. We didn't need to go one dimensional in this game, we were losing by one score.
Garrett screwed up in Buffalo to.

When your QB is having a bad day don't force the issue.

pretty much but these tards think Garrett could do no wrong

Run the damn ball with MB3

kbman

Reaction score
As bad as this game looked we were never really out of it....

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
khiladi;1837796 said:
This 12-1 and 12-2 chant is ridiculously absurd. This is a forum where people aren't only cheerleaders, but actually like to talk football. The Vikings were also 15-1, but they lost to Atlanta. WHo cares about 15-1, if your play is deteriorating going into the play-offs, and your not trying to correct your weaknesses.

The Green Bay Packers came out and not only won, in this situation, they smoked the Rams. The Minnesota Vikings are coming on strong, and they are killing opponents. We, on the other hand, are playing down to the likes of the Lions and Eagles. And mind you, this was an Eagles team with Donovan McNabb, whom all of Philly, was asking for his head on a platter. We barely beat the Lions, and San Diego just trounced them into oblivion. We are going into the play-offs where regular season records mean nothing.

Don't bother. If the homers won't criticize the team after a day like today (and boy do they deserve it), then they never will. It's either praise or silence. And God help you if you point out obvious imperfections, lest you be smeared as a "chicken little" or "fair weather" fan. If you can't gripe after a game like today, when can you? Disastrous defeat? Just say "12-2"--as if that's a legitimate argument. Just another day in la la land for the perennial silver lining crowd.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Dallas;1837781 said:
Not once in the history of the Dallas Cowboys have we ever been 12-2.

your right it isnt once...its more than once

in 68 and 77 we finished 12-2...we were also 12-2 in 1983, lost the last two games to finish 12-4

your overall point is fine, but just because people are concerned about the bad play doesnt make them bandwagon jumpers...we've got a recent history of December collapses, and we've done nothing this yr yet to show its going to be any different...overall we've had 10 really lousy quarters in a row...we barely beat a lousy Detroit team last week, and they got pasted the week before we played them and flogged again the week after we played them...this was a hgue December game, and we failed miserably again today...it stinks

hopefully we come out and look better next week against a really bad Carolina, but I have my doubts right now...as any reasonable fan probably would as well

David

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;1837832 said:
Speaking of 1977, I wonder if posters would have called for Staubach to be cut after he lost back to back games to the Steelers and Cardinals that year?
Ah, everybody knows Staubach was a fraud. ;)

khiladi

Reaction score
dbair1967;1838482 said:
we barely beat a lousy Detroit team last week, and they got pasted the week before we played them and flogged again the week after we played them...this was a hgue December game, and we failed miserably again today...it stinks

At least our defense didn't give up 400 yards. Our defense has been playing way too long on the field as of late. Today, our defensive performance was good overall, but our offensive play-calling wreaked of atrocity.

SOmetimes I don't get Garrett. Last game, against Philadelphia, he had TO all over the place early in the game, throwing plenty of short passes from the slot. AGainst Green Bay, he used Miles Austin for some deep passes, which was pretty successful. I don't see a systematic approach to attacking teams. What happened?

Ratmatt

Reaction score
fairviewfarmer;1838077 said:
Actually the boys have been 12-2 twice before, 1977 and 1983. In 1983 they proceeded to lose their final two regular season games and finish 12-4. Horrible memories!!!
Also 12-2 in 1968

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
khiladi;1838602 said:
At least our defense didn't give up 400 yards. Our defense has been playing way too long on the field as of late. Today, our defensive performance was good overall, but our offensive play-calling wreaked of atrocity.

yep pretty much...its just inexcusable for a team with this kind of offense to lose a game at home when you only allow 10 pts

thats why I'm not all that mad about the 3rd and 9 30 yd pass to basically clinch the game...our offense didnt do crap all day and Romo looked hopeless, it probably wasnt going to change

David

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
khiladi;1838602 said:

SOmetimes I don't get Garrett. Last game, against Philadelphia, he had TO all over the place early in the game, throwing plenty of short passes from the slot. AGainst Green Bay, he used Miles Austin for some deep passes, which was pretty successful. I don't see a systematic approach to attacking teams. What happened?

If we gave up 400 to this eagles team I would puke.

Parche

Reaction score
dbair1967;1838482 said:
your right it isnt once...its more than once

in 68 and 77 we finished 12-2...we were also 12-2 in 1983, lost the last two games to finish 12-4

your overall point is fine, but just because people are concerned about the bad play doesnt make them bandwagon jumpers...we've got a recent history of December collapses, and we've done nothing this yr yet to show its going to be any different...overall we've had 10 really lousy quarters in a row...we barely beat a lousy Detroit team last week, and they got pasted the week before we played them and flogged again the week after we played them...this was a hgue December game, and we failed miserably again today...it stinks

hopefully we come out and look better next week against a really bad Carolina, but I have my doubts right now...as any reasonable fan probably would as well

David

Maybe you´re saying that because we´ve played two only games this year on december, with a record of 1-1, but if you´re talking overall this year, the broken records dont tell you something to think that this year can be different than years before? The Way Witten´s playing? the way TO´s playing? The way Romo´s playing? the way the D is playing? I know, we are not invincible, but our teams actually SHOWS A LOT of reasons why we can think that this year wont be the same than years before.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
i am only upset over a few things

1. we gave up on the run so early, like at the end of the 3rd

2. all the injuries....this was a very rough game for us....and now we have finally felt what our opponents have been feeling all season long against us.

3. we lost to the friggin eagles.....i wouldnt be as upset if it were the lions or panthers.....but it was the eagles....

Parche

Reaction score
Biggems;1838802 said:
i am only upset over a few things

1. we gave up on the run so early, like at the end of the 3rd

2. all the injuries....this was a very rough game for us....and now we have finally felt what our opponents have been feeling all season long against us.

3. we lost to the friggin eagles.....i wouldnt be as upset if it were the lions or panthers.....but it was the eagles....

Those two points were the ones that pissed me off more bout todays game.