12/26 Draftking mock

Dayton Cowboy

Reaction score
If it fell like this...... I'd want to take some serious consideration to Holmes at WR.. He runs great routes and has the speed to take it on every play... A stronger Terry Glenn IMO..

But I could definately see dallas going OL or LB... I wonder if Fujita could play inside and take Bobby Carpenter for the other OLB?

2006 NFL Mock Draft
1. Houston Texans - Reggie Bush, RB, USC
2. New Orleans Saints - Matt Leinart, QB, USC
3. Green Bay Packers - A.J. Hawk, OLB, Ohio St.
4. New York Jets - DeAngelo Williams, RB, Memphis
5. San Francisco 49ers - Mario Williams, DE, NC State
6. Oakland Raiders - DeMeco Ryans, OLB, Alabama
7. Tennessee Titans - D'Brickashaw Ferguson, OT, Virginia
8. Arizona Cardinals - Tamba Hali, DE, Penn State
9. St. Louis Rams - Jimmy Williams, CB, Virginia Tech
10. Cleveland Browns - Mathias Kiwanuka, DE, Boston College
11. Detroit Lions - Michael Huff, CB/S, Texas
12. Buffalo Bills - Orien Harris, DT, Miami
13. Philadelphia Eagles - Haloti Ngata, DT, Oregon
14. Baltimore Ravens - Eric Winston, OT, Miami
15. Atlanta Falcons - Chad Greenway, OLB, Iowa
16. Miami Dolphins - Jay Cutler, QB, Vanderbilt
17. Minnesota Vikings - Abdul Hodge, ILB, Iowa
18. Dallas Cowboys - D'Qwell Jackson, ILB, Maryland
19. San Diego Chargers - Derek Hagan, WR, Arizona St.
20. Kansas City Chiefs - Marcus McNeill, OT, Auburn
21. Denver Broncos (from Washington) - Marcedes Lewis, TE, UCLA
22. Pittsburgh Steelers - Tye Hill, CB, Clemson
23. New England Patriots - Ahmad Brooks, ILB, Virginia
24. New York Giants - Santonio Holmes, WR, Ohio State
25. Cincinnati Bengals - Darnell Bing, S, USC
26. Carolina Panthers - Leonard Pope, TE, Georgia
27. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Jonathan Scott, OT, Texas
28. Jacksonville Jaguars - LaRon Landry, S, LSU
29. Chicago Bears - Max Jean-Gilles, OG, Georgia
30. Denver Broncos - Rodrique Wright, DT, Texas
31. Seattle Seahawks - Chad Jackson, WR, Florida
32. Indianapolis Colts - Thomas Howard, OLB, UTEP

Anguillidae

Reaction score
If we are going to pick inside linebacker in the first round, I would rather have Ahmad Brooks then D'Qwell Jackson. I think he's a better fit in the 3-4. He's bigger and a very good bitzer.

Hiero

Reaction score
Not a fan of DQwell he's too small to play the 3-4. I'd much rather get McNeil or Holmes in that situation. McNeil is abeast at RT and hasnt given up a sack for a long time, and Holmes is a playmaker at WR.

Reaction score
DQwell Jackson is a better player than Brooks, but he'll get overlooked because of his size. Even though Maryland plays a 3-4 hybrid defense, he's not your prototypical 3-4 LB. But the kid has heart and gets to the ball.

Also your TE picks are off. Watch for Vernon Davis, also out of Maryland. Unbelievable strength and speed. His blocking is his only weakness, and it is above average. When this kid catches the ball, the defense better have several people tackling him, because it is rare than only 1 or 2 people do it alone. A better TE and MUCH more physical than Lewis, who I see as a softer player after seeing him play in a couple of games.

Davis will make people redefine the term "Workout Warrior." But he is an outstanding football player, too.

BigWillie

Reaction score
If I hear a player is 'too small' again, I may go outside and beat my head over a wall.

Ahmad Brooks is hype. Nothing more, nothing less. He's a freak because of his size and speed combo, but NOTHING else.

D'Qwell is a football player. Albeit he's undersized, he gets after it working as hard as anyone in the weight room. He put up numbers alot of people overlook and was a finalist for the Butkus Award even.

I don't care if you're 5'2 or 6'8, if you can produce stats, you can produce. D'Qwell does that and I would LOVE to get him.

Although Parcells will probably look at his size and write him off, just as we did even in our old 4-3 defense with players like Nguyen and Coakley. Still yet, you could be a team like the Falcons and have what was thought of as 'tweeners' in Demorrio Williams and Michael Boley who currently start. Williams is even the leader tackler for any OLB in the NFL this year. So much for size.

Reaction score
BigWillie is right in alot of ways. Brooks isn't the best LB on his team. Parham is , Jackson is a baller film does not lie. I'll tell you what though if Brooks figures it out and works his tail off he'll be a probowler for 10 years

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I'd trade down in that scenario. DQwell is quite good but there are alot of players onthe board.

jbsg02

Reaction score
If a good Tackle is there like McNeill or Scott, we need to take them

JPM

Reaction score
jbsg02 said:
If a good Tackle is there like McNeill or Scott, we need to take them

I agree, we need some OL help.

Reaction score
Just to further what I said before about Vernon Davis and D'Qwell Jackson (since I'm a Maryland fan, I don't want it to seem like I'm just a homer), this is from Kiper's chat today.

Jenny, Washington DC: Where do you see the Maryland players - Vernon Davis and D'Qwell Jackson going in the draft?

Mel Kiper: (1:29 PM ET ) Davis will be the top TE in the draft with his enourmous skills and could be a top 10-15 pick. Jackson does not have ideal size but was very productive and is looking like a second-rounder at this point.

Sitting Bull

Reaction score
Man, the entire bottom half of Round 1 is going to churn after the Senior Bowl, indiviual workouts and the combine. There's no consensus anywhere. I hope we don't know where we pick for a few more weeks but Ahmad Brooks stands out to me right now.

Cowboys&Caps

Reaction score
BigDInCharlotte said:
DQwell Jackson is a better player than Brooks, but he'll get overlooked because of his size. Even though Maryland plays a 3-4 hybrid defense, he's not your prototypical 3-4 LB. But the kid has heart and gets to the ball.

Also your TE picks are off. Watch for Vernon Davis, also out of Maryland. Unbelievable strength and speed. His blocking is his only weakness, and it is above average. When this kid catches the ball, the defense better have several people tackling him, because it is rare than only 1 or 2 people do it alone. A better TE and MUCH more physical than Lewis, who I see as a softer player after seeing him play in a couple of games.

Davis will make people redefine the term "Workout Warrior." But he is an outstanding football player, too.

Are you his agent?

Reaction score
J.Jones21 said:
Are you his agent?

Boy, don't I wish. I just watched them both alot during their careers at Maryland, and offered my input to some of those who may not have seen them play.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
jterrell said:
I'd trade down in that scenario. DQwell is quite good but there are alot of players onthe board.

I think a trade down is very real scenario anyway. 2004 all over again. Get two 2007 #1s to make a run at a bona fide QB.

I think drafting later in round 1, Dallas could still drop down and get two very good players of about equal value.

Carpenter and Whitworth in 2? Carpenter and Colledge? Plus a 2007 #1? I'd probably be OK with either of those scenarios.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
BigWillie said:
If I hear a player is 'too small' again, I may go outside and beat my head over a wall.

Ahmad Brooks is hype. Nothing more, nothing less. He's a freak because of his size and speed combo, but NOTHING else.

D'Qwell is a football player. Albeit he's undersized, he gets after it working as hard as anyone in the weight room. He put up numbers alot of people overlook and was a finalist for the Butkus Award even.

I don't care if you're 5'2 or 6'8, if you can produce stats, you can produce. D'Qwell does that and I would LOVE to get him.

Although Parcells will probably look at his size and write him off, just as we did even in our old 4-3 defense with players like Nguyen and Coakley. Still yet, you could be a team like the Falcons and have what was thought of as 'tweeners' in Demorrio Williams and Michael Boley who currently start. Williams is even the leader tackler for any OLB in the NFL this year. So much for size.

Lofa Tatupu is considered under-sized, yet many people would love him in Dallas

great post, I love D'Qwell, he's another Dat, and you all know how Parcells' feels about Dat

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
BigDInCharlotte said:
Just to further what I said before about Vernon Davis and D'Qwell Jackson (since I'm a Maryland fan, I don't want it to seem like I'm just a homer), this is from Kiper's chat today.

I hope D'Qwell is a 2nd rounder, so we can get him! after we take a monster OT, that would be a steal, and I would be content if we did nothing the rest of the day lol

Sitting Bull

Reaction score
BigWillie said:

I don't know D'Qwell that well, but you're right about Parcells' size-bias. He's even said as much when evaluating potential draft picks. Hard to argue with the direction our "bigger" defense is going. As for Brooks, I've seen him make plays and his size/speed combo does indeed make him difficult to resist. I remember not being able to find much of a highlight reel on Merriman last year but the scouts sure knew he had something. I'm torn on where to go with our first pick. I want defense but there seems to be a glut of first-round OTs with little consensus on who is best after D-Brick. Wisconsin's Joe Thomas isn't even on this mock draft and he's a load.