12 man US World Championship/ Cup Roster. Who you got?

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
They can only select 12, currently the roster is at 19... Camp starts on the July 24th, The Cup is August 30-Sept 14.
Who do you have making the final 12.

The 19-man training roster: Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson from the Warriors, DeMar DeRozan from the Raptors, Chandler Parsons from the Mavericks,Bradley Beal from the Wizards, DeMarcus Cousins from the Kings, Anthony Davis from the Pelicans, Andre Drummond from the Pistons, Kevin Durant from the Thunder, Kenneth Faried from the Nuggets, Paul George from the Pacers, Blake Griffin from the Clippers, James Harden from the Rockets, Gordon Hayward from the Jazz, Kyrie Irving from the Cavaliers, Kyle Korver from the Hawks, Damian Lillard from the Trail Blazersand Kevin Love from the Timberwolves, Derrick Rose from the Chicago Bulls.

My 12:
Curry
Irving
Lillard
Harden
K. Thompson
P. George
Durant
B. Griffin
K. Love
A. Davis
A. Drummond
K. Faired

Alternates:
Parsons
DeRozan

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
I don't think Rose makes it.
D. Cousins loses out to defense... (Drummond)
I got Faried over Parsons, DeRozen & Beal because a role player ala Iggy is needed.
Haywood and Kover don't make it because they are Korver and Haywood...

I wouldn't be surprised if K. Thompson is left off in favor of a DeRozen or Parsons.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Out of the 19-man training roster: Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson from the Warriors, DeMar DeRozan from the Raptors, Chandler Parsons from the Mavericks,Bradley Beal from the Wizards, DeMarcus Cousins from the Kings, Anthony Davis from the Pelicans, Andre Drummond from the Pistons, Kevin Durant from the Thunder, Kenneth Faried from the Nuggets, Paul George from the Pacers, Blake Griffin from the Clippers, James Harden from the Rockets, Gordon Hayward from the Jazz, Kyrie Irving from the Cavaliers, Kyle Korver from the Hawks, Damian Lillard from the Trail Blazersand Kevin Love from the Timberwolves, Derrick Rose from the Chicago Bulls.

I am eliminating Derrick Rose for health concerns and Love already pulled himself.

PG: Curry, Lilliard
SG: George, Harden, Thompson
SF: KD, Parsons
PF: Griffin, Faried
C: Davis, Drummond, Boogie

Alts: DeRozan, Irving

Hard to ignore Korver's insane shooting but the team is VERY deep in shooters.
Davis, Faried, Drummond all protect the paint.
Parsons can play a stretch 4 or versatile 3 so won a role player slot over DeRozan and Hayward (both mostly SG) from me.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
Out of the 19-man training roster: Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson from the Warriors, DeMar DeRozan from the Raptors, Chandler Parsons from the Mavericks,Bradley Beal from the Wizards, DeMarcus Cousins from the Kings, Anthony Davis from the Pelicans, Andre Drummond from the Pistons, Kevin Durant from the Thunder, Kenneth Faried from the Nuggets, Paul George from the Pacers, Blake Griffin from the Clippers, James Harden from the Rockets, Gordon Hayward from the Jazz, Kyrie Irving from the Cavaliers, Kyle Korver from the Hawks, Damian Lillard from the Trail Blazersand Kevin Love from the Timberwolves, Derrick Rose from the Chicago Bulls.

I am eliminating Derrick Rose for health concerns and Love already pulled himself.

PG: Curry, Lilliard
SG: George, Harden, Thompson
SF: KD, Parsons
PF: Griffin, Faried
C: Davis, Drummond, Boogie

Alts: DeRozan, Irving

Hard to ignore Korver's insane shooting but the team is VERY deep in shooters.
Davis, Faried, Drummond all protect the paint.
Parsons can play a stretch 4 or versatile 3 so won a role player slot over DeRozan and Hayward (both mostly SG) from me.

Griffin is out as well.... Milsap has been added to the pool.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Griffin is out as well.... Milsap has been added to the pool.

will be interesting to see how they handle things.
millsap is very capable but coming in late they may prefer to not rely on him.
they could shift KD to the 4 and start smaller but insanely skilled everywhere.

whatever they do that is a lot of talent to play with.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I don't think Rose makes it.
D. Cousins loses out to defense... (Drummond)
I got Faried over Parsons, DeRozen & Beal because a role player ala Iggy is needed.
Haywood and Kover don't make it because they are white....

I wouldn't be surprised if K. Thompson is left off in favor of a DeRozen or Parsons.
fify ;) lol

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
Curry
Irving
Lillard
Harden
K. Thompson
DeRozen
Parsons
Durant
K. Faired
A. Davis
D-Boogie
A. Drummond

Alt:
Milsap, Korver

NIBGoldenchild

Reaction score
Just wanted to mention John Wall being added made the total 20, but with Paul George's injury they are back down to 19.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
C- Anthony Davis, Andre Drommund, DeMarcus Cousins
PF- Kevin Durant, Chandler Parsons
SF- James Harden, Kyle Korver
SG- Steph Curry, Klay Thompson
PG- Derrick Rose, Kyrie Irving, John Wall

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I am shocked Rose is doing this but I guess he needs the high level basketball comp to truly prepare.

If he is healthy and wants to play you gotta take him.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
NEW YORK -- USA Basketball has decided to drop Damian Lillard, Chandler Parsons, Kyle Korver and Gordon Hayward from its roster for the FIBA World Cup in Spain.

With the moves not expected to be revealed until later Saturday, USAB instead announced its final 12-man squad for Spain in a 1 a.m. ET news release, some four hours after completing a 112-86 exhibition rout of Puerto Rico at Madison Square Garden.

Toronto's DeMar DeRozan and Detroit's Andre Drummond, widely regarded as prime candidates to be left home at the start of the week, claimed the last two roster spots alongside startersKyrie Irving (Cleveland), Stephen Curry (Golden State), James Harden (Houston), Kenneth Faried (Denver) and Anthony Davis (New Orleans) and reserves Derrick Rose (Chicago),DeMarcus Cousins (Sacramento), Klay Thompson (Golden State), Rudy Gay (Sacramento) andMason Plumlee (Brooklyn).

Final Roster
K. Irving
Steph Curry
Derrick Rose
James Harden
DeMar DeRozen
Klay Thompson
Rudy Gay
Mason Plumlee
A. Davis
D. Cousins
A. Drummond.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
interesting roster.
lots of size.
surprised Rose is sticking if he already has soreness and scheduled days off.

From a Mavs standpoint bittersweet about Parsons.
Less reason to watch which is a bummer but also removes injury risk from a key starter.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
interesting roster.
lots of size.
surprised Rose is sticking if he already has soreness and scheduled days off.

From a Mavs standpoint bittersweet about Parsons.
Less reason to watch which is a bummer but also removes injury risk from a key starter.

I think Rose may come off the bench to provide energy.... and he's said that his knees has not been a problem...
I guess we will find out if that's the case or not.

Size is for Spain.... will be an interesting tourney....

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I think Rose may come off the bench to provide energy.... and he's said that his knees has not been a problem...
I guess we will find out if that's the case or not.

Size is for Spain.... will be an interesting tourney....

He is saying that while sitting out practices.
That would scare me to death were I a Bulls fan.