140th Belmont Stakes

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Frankly, I don't know what happened. It's just like Big Brown's jockey said, "He had no horse", in the last half of the race. Freaky.

Congratulations to Da' Tara. I kinda think that he may have boxed or kicked Big Brown before the first turn and that may have played a part in taking him out of his kind of race, but that's horse racing.

No Triple Crown. Again. Wow.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CATCH17;2110046 said:
Big Brown is the Barry Bonds of horse raceing.
If you're going to throw the 'roids comment out there, you may as well start mentioned a few more horses in addition to Big Brown.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I'm stunned. The comment of no horse under him is telling. I can't believe a 38-1 rabbit won it.

poke

the older I get the better I was
Reaction score
thats what i love about sports....any and all of them.
favorites do lose sometimes, upsets happen....
no scripts....least i hope not !

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
poke;2110071 said:
thats what i love about sports....any and all of them.
favorites do lose sometimes, upsets happen....
no scripts....least i hope not !
Oh if there was a script this horse wins on the day Jim McKay dies. It was pure.

ologan

Reaction score
Hostile;2110073 said:
Oh if there was a script this horse wins on the day Jim McKay dies. It was pure.

Something just wasn't right with Big Brown,and I for one was glad to see his jockey pull him up. I don't think I could have stood it to see another horse destroyed on a track....I know the sport of horse racing couldn't,either.

Maybe it was just me,but I truly felt the jockey really showed his love for his horse. Sorry he didn't win it,but I don't feel sad about it.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
Nothing was wrong with his legs the way it looked. Most likely bled. Not giving him his monthly roids has to make you wonder as well.

burmafrd

Reaction score
To discontinue something like that when he had been running so well to me is pretty questionable. For that horse to finish last and have nothing at all tells me that something was pretty seriously wrong. Any decent jockey would have done the same thing. these guys know that their whole career could be destroyed if they mess up badly enough.