15-1 Is Actually Looking Probable!!!

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I was looking over the schedule guys, and we really have a good shot at going 15-1.

We should be favored in every game the rest of the way and our remaining 3 road games are as follows.

At Detroit: Just lost to Zona and had -16 yards rushing for the freaking game. They are stictly a pass offense and Dallas is 3rd in the NFL in sacks I think. I really dont see Detroit being competitive in this game.

At Carolina: They have no freaking QB and just lost at home to the sorry-arse Falcons. When we play them, it will probably be Matt Moore at QB. He is the undrafted guy we signed and then released in preseason if anybody has forgotten. Sorry, I dont see an undrafted QB doing much against our defense and no way Carolina can stop our O. Game should be over with at half time.

At Washington: We might lose this game because we will most likely have homefield wrapped up and will be playing Brad Johnson and the 2nd teamers. Still, with no Carlos Rogers and with Sean Taylor out indefinently, I think our 2nd teamers might give them a good game. If we play any or our starters, should be over with at half time.

As for our remaining home games, I really dont see us getting beat again this year at home after the Pats punked us, we just look to focused. Now I know any given Sunday and remember Buffalo, but we should be favored in every game going forwards and all of our difficult games are at home. Very favorable schedule.

Barring a major collaspe, I will be shocked if we dont go 14-2 at worst.:D

D-TownRadio

Benched
Reaction score
Beast_from_East;1765298 said:
I was looking over the schedule guys, and we really have a good shot at going 15-1.

We should be favored in every game the rest of the way and our remaining 3 road games are as follows.

At Detroit: Just lost to Zona and had -16 yards rushing for the freaking game. They are stictly a pass offense and Dallas is 3rd in the NFL in sacks I think. I really dont see Detroit being competitive in this game.

At Carolina: They have no freaking QB and just lost at home to the sorry-arse Falcons. When we play them, it will probably be Matt Moore at QB. He is the undrafted guy we signed and then released in preseason if anybody has forgotten. Sorry, I dont see an undrafted QB doing much against our defense and no way Carolina can stop our O. Game should be over with at half time.

At Washington: We might lose this game because we will most likely have homefield wrapped up and will be playing Brad Johnson and the 2nd teamers. Still, with no Carlos Rogers and with Sean Taylor out indefinently, I think our 2nd teamers might give them a good game. If we play any or our starters, should be over with at half time.

As for our remaining home games, I really dont see us getting beat again this year at home after the Pats punked us, we just look to focused. Now I know any given Sunday and remember Buffalo, but we should be favored in every game going forwards and all of our difficult games are at home. Very favorable schedule.

Romo and Brady were both undrafted...

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
D-TownRadio;1765300 said:

Brady was a 6th round pick, he was drafted.

I understand your point, but comparing Matt Moore to Romo or Brady is not reasonalbe.

Brady stepped in, like Big Ben, to a pretty good football team. They were not asked to win the game, just play in the system and let the surrounding talent help you out.

Romo had several years on the bench to study the game and get prepared.

Matt Moore is playing on a pretty bad team and was playing for Oregon this time last year. I like our chances if he is the QB when we play Carolina.:D

Az Lurker

The Lurker
Reaction score
I think somewhere along the way the cowboys will drop a stupid one. Or rest all their starters some game where they've clinched homefield throughout the playoffs.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Mr. (not Jerry) Jones;1765322 said:
I think somewhere along the way the cowboys will drop a stupid one. Or rest all their starters some game where they've clinched homefield throughout the playoffs.

Yeah, 15-1 is a lot to ask and really puts too much pressure on the team to go to the Superbowl. You gotta remember its been a long time since a playoff win and going 15-1 would have people penciling in a 1st game win against the wildcard weekend survivor.

I think Green Bay is a lot better then some give them credit for. People keep saying they don't have this or that, or Brett is not going to be able to keep things up. Until proven otherwise, they look like they could really compete with anyone and to be honest, if there ever was a QB who is more set to face anything thrown at him then Favre, I'd like to see him.

I just can't see 15-1 really. In all honesty, if the team is 14-1 going into the last week and a bye, I could see the skins pulling off the upset. Nothing would be on the line at all and what would make Dan Snyders year more then beating the nearly unbeatable team? Thats going to be Gibbs last game, with his Second time around being way bumpier then ayone expected and his awful situation at home with his grandson having cancer, its just going to be too much.

I think the team could do it and I would love it but I just think it will be too much to ask for. Theres going to be a game where the team just lets up a little and get caught with a haymaker.

Daudr

Reaction score
Beast_from_East;1765298 said:

Washington - is always a potential loss just because it is a divisional rival and you can throw out all the rules on those games.

Green Bay - is a solid team and could potentially beat us if we get the turnover bug again.

Detroit - is another weird team that plays us very well at times.

Given all of that, I feel strongly we can go 15-1, but it is possible for us to go 12-4 or 13-3 as well.

D-TownRadio

Benched
Reaction score
Thehoofbite;1765327 said:
Yeah, 15-1 is a lot to ask and really puts too much pressure on the team to go to the Superbowl. You gotta remember its been a long time since a playoff win and going 15-1 would have people penciling in a 1st game win against the wildcard weekend survivor.

I think Green Bay is a lot better then some give them credit for. People keep saying they don't have this or that, or Brett is not going to be able to keep things up. Until proven otherwise, they look like they could really compete with anyone and to be honest, if there ever was a QB who is more set to face anything thrown at him then Favre, I'd like to see him.

I just can't see 15-1 really. In all honesty, if the team is 14-1 going into the last week and a bye, I could see the skins pulling off the upset. Nothing would be on the line at all and what would make Dan Snyders year more then beating the nearly unbeatable team? Thats going to be Gibbs last game, with his Second time around being way bumpier then ayone expected and his awful situation at home with his grandson having cancer, its just going to be too much.

I think the team could do it and I would love it but I just think it will be too much to ask for. Theres going to be a game where the team just lets up a little and get caught with a haymaker.
Well as far as the Packers go you have to factor in the fact that Favre is not young anymore and the Pack will only go as far as his arm can take em. They also have no running games and play in one of the coldest places in the NFL and when it starts to get cold and windy you have to rely more on a running game. They will lose at least 3 more before the end of the season pencil that one in.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
This team continues to amaze me, I'm just so used to Parcells ball where 1 week we are great, the next week we let a fraud team beat us, this just hasn't happened to us this year. Buffalo probably should've been a loss, but the fortune they received, especially with the tipped Romo ball and caught in the end zone, it was karma for us to win after that freakish play.

No reason we shouldn't win out.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Wrong......................

Brady = 6th round.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

kmd24

Reaction score
While 15-1 may look probable when you look at each individual matchup, it's unlikely. Here's the math:

Suppose Dallas has a 90% chance to win each of the remaining 7 games. The probability of winning all seven games is then (0.9)^7 or 47.8%.

If you reduce the probability of winning each game to 80%, the result is about 21%.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
I will be content taking it one game at a time.

I still think we will have a let down game.

- Mike G.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

This reminded me of the guy in office space that every time he messed up had 6 bosses that came by and told him what he did wrong.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
To add, I wonder if Wade Phillips would rest the starters if we have a commanding lead in the NFC and thus have home field wrapped up.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Washington Game at the end of the season is meaningless.

- Mike G.