1990s: Who were a bigger deal, the Bulls or Cowboys?

DFWJC

Reaction score
I'm a Millennial who grew up abroad and missed out on almost all 1990s American sports events.

Which commanded greater public attention back then: the NBA Bulls dynasty or NFL Cowboys dynasty? I imagine it would have been hard for Dallas to top Chicago in that attention regard, having won only three titles to the Bulls' six.
The Bulls

The Cowboys and 49ers were fairly close in the 90s
The Bulls were transcendant.

Hardline

Reaction score
Michael Jordan WAS the Bulls of the 90s.
People were more M. J. fans than Bulls fans.

M. J. >Cowboys
Cowboys >Bulls

DFWJC

Reaction score
Great time for a sports fan as the Cowboys, Bull, and Tar Heels were all winning titles.
:flagwave:

Johnny23

Reaction score
Quit spreading falsehoods. The bulls got smacked by the magic.

Rockets ftw
Jordan was in baseball shape, obviously rusty, and we all know what happened to the Magic with a focused, locked in MJ the next year when he was in basketball shape. The Rockets were awesome but they had their chances at facing the bulls and Always got beat by Seattle in 1993,and 1996 or Utah were lazy Barkley's poor defense cost them vs. Utah in 1997.

Hakeem was my favorite player not named Jordan in the 1990s. He was awesome and Houston had a winning record vs. The Bulls. MJ respected Dream.

But the they got smacked by the magic always irked me because it's not like Jordan had played a full season and just got beat.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
Jordan was in baseball shape, obviously rusty, and we all know what happened to the Magic with a focused, locked in MJ the next year when he was in basketball shape. The Rockets were awesome but they had their chances at facing the bulls and Always got beat by Seattle in 1993,and 1996 or Utah were lazy Barkley's poor defense cost them vs. Utah in 1997.

Hakeem was my favorite player not named Jordan in the 1990s. He was awesome and Houston had a winning record vs. The Bulls. MJ respected Dream.

But the they got smacked by the magic always irked me because it's not like Jordan had played a full season and just got beat.

Jordan averaged over 30 ppg in the series versus the magic...the idea he was "rusty" is hilarious.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I'm a Millennial who grew up abroad and missed out on almost all 1990s American sports events.

Which commanded greater public attention back then: the NBA Bulls dynasty or NFL Cowboys dynasty? I imagine it would have been hard for Dallas to top Chicago in that attention regard, having won only three titles to the Bulls' six.

Jordan had worldwide attention. Who on the Cowboys had that draw?