Video: 1995 Deion Sanders INT vs 2021 Trevon Diggs INT

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Exactly. Irvin and Aikman said it best as people who played with and against Deion. It looks like Deion in how Tre is reading the play and QB to go for the ball. Irvin was saying they had to disguise a play because Deion knew it was a slant when Aikman called it. He was smart.

I think today’s QBs will continue to try Tre. He doesn’t have the mystique yet, and today’s pass-happy QBs probably think they can make the throws. Go ahead, to your own peril.
By this point of the game, Deion has gauged a WR's speed and knows what kind of gap he can make up.

that gap gives the QB a false sense of "he's beat" Diggs did that on Sunday (and on other INTs). He kept the WR juuuust in his range

Had the ball been in front of the WR, Diggs may have still been in position to get a hand/finger on it to break up the pass

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
I'm not "shyting" on Diggs. Just saying let's pump the brakes a bit. Diggs is still very young and still has a lot of room to grow. The sky is the limit for him. But comparing him to the GOAT DB and arguably one of the GOAT players is ludicrous right now.

If it pumps up his confidence, then why not.

If these comparisons hurt him then we should stop.

But Diggs is eating up all these comps and still keeping humble.

But HUNGRY to live up to the comps.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
UnlawfulBogusIlladopsis-max-1mb.gif

Herschel was a freak too.

ghst187

Reaction score
Deion, played, defense, offense, punt return, and baseball all in the same week. Don't get it twisted

yeah never been an athlete like Deion other than Bo…
But as for CB skills…Diggs is showing some similarities to Deion…he’s baiting QBs, daring them, anticipating routes…he’s doing it more mentally where Deion had that ridiculous speed he could do it with.
Honestly though, who cares…Diggs is killing it right now and we desperately needed someone in the back to step up for this D to have a chance to be legit this year.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Diggs is playing great so far.
Deion was possibly the best cover corner in NFL history.
Let's leave it at that for now.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Ok you guys are smelling yourselves, drink to much of the kool aid, and eating the cheese.

Diggs has ball skills like Everson Walls with more speed but is not the 4.2 40yd time athlete that played pro baseball and football in championship games like Deion Prime Time Sanders.
no just having a conversation but i bet you this Diggs would be better 2 way player he by far would be better WR then Deion..

dont be surprised when KM pulls that out in big game in a big moment like the playoffs and jogs Diggs out in the slot...

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
There is nobody like Dieon Sanders. His speed alone blows away Diggs. I like Diggs and he is obviously one of the best CBs this year in the league. He can be great without being Dieon.

Anyone making this comparison is too young to remember Dieon in his day. He was so great that there were entire seasons that QBs would not throw to his side of the field. Nobody covered as much field as Dieon.
That wasn't really the point. You can have similarities and not be misquoted as being the exact same. There were not entire seasons that he didn't get thrown to his side.
Also, it's Deion.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
People love to hate Deion but he was probably the best athlete to ever wear a star
I guess you never heard of the fastest man in the world named Bob Hayes who was college All American, All Pro WR, a Cowboy leader in Returns, receptions, receiving TDs, and Hall of Fame WR that literally changed the way the NFL plays defense...

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
This forum never ceases to disappoint. You have a bunch of people in the media, ex players and fans recognizing that Diggs had an INT that was SIMILAR to Sanders and you have fans getting angry about pointing that perspective out.

No one is saying Diggs is the same as Sanders. We get it, Sanders is the GOAT.

But FFS, can we enjoy his success?

Creeper

Reaction score
Trying to throw deep on Deion was stupid. No one in the NFL could outrun him, although Michael Irvin managed to beat him a few times deep.

conner01

Reaction score
Nobody is saying Diggs is Deion Sanders.

The point is that those 2 plays are remarkably similar
He reminds me a bit of Deion in the way he sets up the QB but he’s got a career to finish before you can compare the two
He may end up better, you never know

Reactions: BAT

conner01

Reaction score
Trying to throw deep on Deion was stupid. No one in the NFL could outrun him, although Michael Irvin managed to beat him a few times deep.
The best play on Deion was a quick pass and make him tackle
He never liked the tackling part lol

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
I'm going to give the nod to Deion's INT, because he showboated after picking it off for a second.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
speaking of Deion, who had a little laugh when Elliot started high stepping and then had to accelerate when the defender closed in real fast.

Honestly, I got real nervous when I saw the defender get close... I was like... No, no, no,... Oh OK... Cool.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Not even close after the interception. Deion becomes a Prime Time punt returner. Diggs is just a runner. Plus 4.2 versus 4.4 or 4.5. Anybody doubt it? You tube my friend......Once Deion made the int. You probably have a BIG return.

Reactions: BAT

glimmerman

Reaction score
Not going there yet. But I hope. We are going to have to pay the man in a few years. Maybe hit on a twin for the other side.