1995 Season announcers

DAL1180

Reaction score
Maybe this has been covered before, but I was watching highlights of the '95 season the other day and it sounds like the play-by-play guy is not Brad Sham. I don't know who the guy was but he sounded like one of the Olympics announcers. Am I just imagining this??

Phoenix

Reaction score
If you are talking about the Cowboys Radio Network, the play by play guy before Sham was Vern Lundquist. They were awesome. Sham still is.

63echo

Reaction score
Sham left the Cowboys from 1995 to 1997. If I'm not mistaken, it was so he could cover the Rangers. Someone may have to help me out on that because I don't remember the whole story.

According to Wiki, Dave Garrett replaced him for those three seasons...I don't remember him so he must not have been very good. Sham sets a high bar, though.

Plankton

Reaction score
63echo;3667081 said:
Sham left the Cowboys from 1995 to 1997. If I'm not mistaken, it was so he could cover the Rangers. Someone may have to help me out on that because I don't remember the whole story.

According to Wiki, Dave Garrett replaced him for those three seasons...I don't remember him so he must not have been very good. Sham sets a high bar, though.

Sham left because during the 1994 preseason, after Switzer had his on-camera tiff with Dale Hansen at training camp, he went on air and said that you could not believe a word about the state of the organization from the mouths of Jerry Jones and Barry Switzer. Sham was first removed from hosting Jones' TV show, and then at the end of the season, he left to avoid being officially terminated.

Garrett was a Oklahoma flunkie friend of Switzer.

63echo

Reaction score
Plankton;3668090 said:
Sham left because during the 1994 preseason, after Switzer had his on-camera tiff with Dale Hansen at training camp, he went on air and said that you could not believe a word about the state of the organization from the mouths of Jerry Jones and Barry Switzer. Sham was first removed from hosting Jones' TV show, and then at the end of the season, he left to avoid being officially terminated.

Garrett was a Oklahoma flunkie friend of Switzer.

Ah...thanks for that. I was in Germany during this period and never got the scoop on this whole situation.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Yeah Sham made the mistake of daring to openly question Jerry and was basically forced to leave for it.

63echo

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;3674451 said:
Yeah Sham made the mistake of daring to openly question Jerry and was basically forced to leave for it.

I hear you, and I'm kind of surprised Laufenberg still has a job after his early-season "expressions."