Reaction score
Not really
Fans want pro bowlers with every pick but that doesn’t happen
When your first and second rounds picks are busts that’s bad
But when you let them walk that doesn’t mean they were bad picks
Jaylon was a gamble that didn’t pay off
Hlll and taco were busts
The rest all are still playing in this league and will for years to come
It kinda signifies bad picks when you solely build thru the draft. If this team used free agency as a tool it would be different.

conner01

Reaction score
It kinda signifies bad picks when you solely build thru the draft. If this team used free agency as a tool it would be different.
Actually building thru the draft means continued churning of average to good players and extending just the elite players
That’s how you can afford elite players and not have cap issues
Drafts are judged by did you get good players, not how many of those players are still on your team

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
Actually building thru the draft means continued churning of average to good players and extending just the elite players
That’s how you can afford elite players and not have cap issues
Drafts are judged by did you get good players, not how many of those players are still on your team
Great point, but I think by the time they develop its time for a 2nd contract. We have to sprinkle in a free agent or 2. I think our ownership are very smug and vain to where they think people are gonna value wearing a star more than money, hence why they make "generous" offers.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Does this look like a good drafting team to you?

These 8 players are supposed to be the foundation of our team right now. For the upcoming season we have nothing to show for 4 years of premium draft picks.

2016 - Zeke/Jaylon
2017 - Taco/Awuzie
2018 - LVE/Connor Williams
2019 - Amari/Trysten

Bad value (Zeke)
Bad health (Jaylon, LVE)
Bad character (Taco, Trysten)
Bad fits (Awuzie, Amari)
Bad (Williams)
such a disaster. I hated the zeke pick. I hated taking a RB that high in the draft.

conner01

Reaction score
Great point, but I think by the time they develop its time for a 2nd contract. We have to sprinkle in a free agent or 2. I think our ownership are very smug and vain to where they think people are gonna value wearing a star more than money, hence why they make "generous" offers.
The biggest weakness in personnel on this team is FA. Contrary to some opinions we draft pretty well. We don’t always makes the best choice on who to keep and who to let walk. Sometimes we force ourselves to keep a guy like spencer because we didn’t have a guy in waiting and the same with Schultz. But we are really bad at FA. Last year was actually pretty good but that is the exception
FA is expensive even for lower tier FA so they look for the short term prove it contracts. But then when a guy proves it you have to pay him and more times than not we’ve totally missed on guys
If we could do an avg job in FA it would be significant
We absolutely sux at FA. Sometimes it’s because you get what you pay for and sometimes we’ve signed guys like Poe who was just done and we hope he can turn it around. That rarely works