1st attempt at a mock

Wimbo

Reaction score
I am not usually too good at these things, but I took a shot anyway. Feel free to unload on me.

1.22: Paul Posluszny OLB, Penn State - 6-2 238
Jerruh decides to let his young FS develop, and skips out on Reggie Nelson. Denver grabbed Moss at 21, and Meachem and Ginn are already off the board. Posluszny has a big-time motor, a great work ethic, and is a fierce competitor, refusing to come out of games, even when injured. He played ILB and OLB at Penn State, and was a team captain. Would probably be used as a ILB for Dallas.

2.53: Manuel Ramirez OG, Texas Tech - 6-3 335
Maybe the strongest man in the draft. Classic mauler.

3.87 Aundrae Allison WR, East Carolina - 6-0 192
'Drae is quick, and has good, not elite, speed. Was a JuCo guy, so not a lot of experience. Lots of upside.

4.118 Ryan Harris OT, Notre Dame - 6-5 300
Not real big for today's OT, but according to Weis he is ready to play OT in the NFL. Great athlete, who can stop speed guys off the edge.

5.149 Corey Anderson FB, Tennessee - 6-3 259
Someboby has to be the Lorenzo Neal of this Offense. Big time lead blocker

6.180 Courtney Brown CB, Cal Poly - 6-2 200
Speed. Speed. Speed. This guy can fly, but wasn't invited to the combine because he was considered slow. Ran a 4.35 and a 4.32 at his Pro Day, and has a 41.5" vertical. If he is still on the board here it's a no-brainer... but his stock is rising.

6.185 Jordan Palmer QB, UTEP - 6-6 231
C'mon... Jerruh just has a lust for prototypical QB bodies... Plus, he has the lineage (Carson Palmer's little brother). He has the body, but maybe not the brain.

7.193 Selvin Young RB, Texas - 5-11 207
The local guys will get a longer look now that Jerry is back in charge. Young will help on special teams, and be a situational runner. Probably practice squad.

7.215 Kasey Studdard G/C, Texas - 6-2 307
Another Texas boy. Strong blocker, but not much agility. Guard in college who may be able to play Center.

7.218 Keith Jackson DT, Arkansas - 6-0 305
Jerry: "Hmmmm... 218th pick... any Hogs still on the board?"
Son of Pro Bowler Keith Jackson.

Wimbo

Reaction score
Wow! Over a week and no love from the Forum. I guess I will have to start replying to my own posts.

Wimbo;1430938 said:
]I am not usually too good at these things, but I took a shot anyway. Feel free to unload on me.

Hey Wimbo. You are an idiot. That mock sux.

dannyboy

Reaction score
I like the picks except for the first one. I'd rather see WR or CB in the first

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Wimbo;1447695 said:
Wow! Over a week and no love from the Forum. I guess I will have to start replying to my own posts.

Hey Wimbo. You are an idiot. That mock sux.
I didn't see it until now Wimbo. Personally I like that draft very much. It addresses every main need.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can't see us taking that linebacker from PS #1. The rest of the draft isn't bad.