1st Mock of Season

RandyOh

Reaction score
Trades: a 5th round comp pick and our 6th round pick are used to move up in the 5th round.

1st- SS Ronnie Harrison, Alabama- Big physical safety who fits more as a strong safety then free safety in the NFL. Has man coverage limitations but put in zone coverage in the middle of the field and watch him make plays. Scouts have called him a physical specimen at safety.
2nd-LB Roquon Smith, Georgia- Here is our future at WILL. Fast and instinctive linebacker with some coverage ability. Similar to Lavonte David or Deion Jones. Both went in the 2nd round
3rd-TE Troy Fumagalli, Wisconsin- Possibility he wont make it to our 3rd round pick but still a chance. Fimagalli fits in the same mold as Hunter Henry from a couple drafts ago. Good blocker, good route runner, good hands, good agility. Scheme limited though
4th-DE Dontavius Russell, Auburn- Here is our 1tech. Good run stopper and will collapse the pocket. Not much of a sack artist though. Similar mold as Terrell McClain. His teammates say his football IQ is through the roof and always seems to know the play.
comp 4th-Cedrick Wilson, Boise State- Vertical threat with solid hands. Son of former Cederick Wilson Sr. who played 7 season in NFL and was part of the 05 Steelers Super Bowl team.
comp 4th- Bentley Spain, North Carolina- Left tackle and Anchor of one of the best Olines in college football. After seeing Chaz Green let a JAG get 6 sacks on him, we need a better swing tackle.
5th-LB Micah Kiser, Virginia- Solid run stopper and Blitzer. Starter at SAM and backup MIKE.
comp 5th-Davontae Harris, Illinois State- One of the best cornerbacks currently playing the FCS. Has good size at 6 foot and 200 pounds as well as a good overall athlete. Gives us more depth, speed, and youth at corner. Also gives us another option for free safety. would love to have Byron Jones move to cornerback where he belongs.
7th-RB Lavon Coleman, Washington- Power back who can keep up the punishment on defenses when Zeke sits on every 3rd drive. Has decent speed and agility for his size.Our potential Thomas Rawls type find. Would probably be talked about as a mid round prospect if he wasn't playing backup at Washington.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
It feels like Harrison and Smith could flip rounds, but after watching Eddie Jackson flash for the Bears, Harrison looks even better.

Great call on Davontae Harris. I've seen him in person and he's a special athlete.

RandyOh

Reaction score
It feels like Harrison and Smith could flip rounds, but after watching Eddie Jackson flash for the Bears, Harrison looks even better.

Great call on Davontae Harris. I've seen him in person and he's a special athlete.
I would take Harrison and then Smith. I think the media is going to hype up Smith as a 1st round pick but most likely wont go till mid or late 2nd due to him being limited to a WILL in a 4-3. I think he might be undersized to be a 3-4 MLB. Also I'm hoping Harrison could be a bigger and harder hitting Landon Collins.

And yea Davontae Harris has the potential to be something special. Wouldn't surprise me if he moves himself up to a day 2 pick if he kills it at the Combine and pro day.

RandyOh

Reaction score
This type of player is desperately needed. One of the main reasons the scheme doesnt work currently.
Oh yea. Their are a few other speedy sideline to sideline LB's in this years draft but Smith seems to be the cream of the crop for 4-3 LBs to me. in terms of talent Malik Jefferson should be the top but scouts question if he even loves football. could be the type of player that always has a nagging "injury" that keeps him out of practice.

bodi

Reaction score
Decent effort... But I gotta think a DT is going to be chosen within the first 3 rounds.

why this year ? have not put a priority all theses other years ?

he 's got one in there

4th-DE Dontavius Russell, Auburn- Here is our 1tech. Good run stopper and will collapse the pocket. Not much of a sack artist though. Similar mold as Terrell McClain. His teammates say his football IQ is through the roof and always seems to know the play

bodi

Reaction score
I think its either or

1st- SS Ronnie Harrison, Alabama

or

2nd-LB Roquon Smith, Georgia

IMO

but good work

RandyOh

Reaction score
Decent effort... But I gotta think a DT is going to be chosen within the first 3 rounds.
If David Irving wasn't dominating at DT on passing downs i would have mocked a DT in the 1st round. Round 4 is probably the earliest we will see a run stuffing DT. Just not valued in Marinellis scheme sadly

RandyOh

Reaction score
I think its either or

1st- SS Ronnie Harrison, Alabama

or

2nd-LB Roquon Smith, Georgia

IMO

but good work
Thanks bodi but i believe we could walk away with both. Would even be willing to package some of our day 3 picks with our 2nd to jump up a handful of spots to make sure we get both. Having that kind of speed and range in the 2nd and 3rd level would do wonders for the defense.

dwreck27

Reaction score
Sad when we are in the middle of the season and im looking forward to the Draft and seeing whose options for us on defense

Excellent draft really love the defensive picks as I looked at their highlight (yeah i know highlight tape bro) and it looks good

bodi

Reaction score
Thanks bodi but i believe we could walk away with both. Would even be willing to package some of our day 3 picks with our 2nd to jump up a handful of spots to make sure we get both. Having that kind of speed and range in the 2nd and 3rd level would do wonders for the defense.

I am on board with that package

Hardline

Reaction score
I think Fumagalli go's in the middle of the 2nd round.
If he's there with our 3rd round pick I am taking him for sure

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
Let's give up on the SS and get a LB to replace Lee.
A OT to be in place for Smith.

You r drafting positions the team has already covered from last year.

Don't draft like the Giants.

RandyOh

Reaction score
I think Fumagalli go's in the middle of the 2nd round.
If he's there with our 3rd round pick I am taking him for sure
im thinking hes more of a late 2nd top of the 3rd round player but he could slip. Looks like a solid TE class this year.

RandyOh

Reaction score

And whos the Linebacker your taking in possibly the first half of the 1st round? Smith is either the top 4-3 or 2nd best 4-3 linebacker in this years draft but his talent and size will push him to the 2nd round. Doubt we take a OT early unless the best ones slips to our 1st round pick which is highly unlikely.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

BPA. Don't over-focus on need.

bodi

Reaction score
I like this kid

4th-DE Dontavius Russell, Auburn

chagus

Reaction score
Sounds great. Sign me up! Thats how you know the season is toast... mocking a GREAT looking draft a couple days past Thanksgiving.