1st mock

Silverstar

Reaction score
1. OT Bruce Campbell 6-7 310 - Maryland

Campbell has prototype size for a LT and has good upside, but is still considered raw at the position and he has a history of nagging injuries. Campbell isn't massive enough to play RT at the next level and is too tall to play inside. He might not be ready to start right away at LT either, but that's ok for a team like Dallas, who can ease him in slowly behind Adams. The NFL ready talent of Mike Iupati (best guard) and Markice Pouncey (best center), might look sexier to GM's who are looking for starters in the 1st round. Couple this, with so many juniors declaring this year and Campbell could fall right in our laps.

2. CB Donovan Warren 6-0 185 - Michigan

Warren certainly has the talent to be a starter cornerback in the NFL and that's what you look for in the 2nd round. He'll be the best CB still available at this spot and better than any safety left on the board IMO. One injury to Newman, Jenkins or Scandrick and our secondary becomes very vulnerable. I don't know if Alan Ball is coming back or not, but I think Warren will be an upgrade anyway. I don't know how much longer Newman (32) will be in Dallas either. It's a passing league folks, just ask Revis and the #1 ranked Jets defense.

3. WR Carlton Mitchell 6-4 212 - South Florida

Mitchell has a great size/speed combination, but probably should have stayed in school for his own good. Still, he can stretch defenses 15+ avg and shield defenders with his size as well. I like the matchup advantage on smaller CB's, that he brings to the table. I think Ogletree will be become our future slot receiver sooner or later. So, I want another big scary guy with speed to compete with Williams...and the sooner the better. It's a passing league folks, just ask Brees the #1 ranked Saints offense.

4. CB Chris Cook 6-2 212 - Virginia

BIG corner that the Cowboy scouts were reportedly looking at last week. No chance of playing CB at the next level, but could be a safety with excellent coverage skills. Not sure which safety position fits him best, I'm sure Wade will figure that out quickly. Can also come in on passing downs, to cover the bigger receivers as well. Will be asked to play special teams right away though. Not sure how fast he is, but I'm guessing somewhere between 4.48 and 4.54. A good pick here, but I would rather take him in the 5th round.

6. DT Linval Joseph 6-6 322 - East Carolina

Joseph is one of my pet prospects right now. He's a huge prospect, that's athletic enough IMO, to play anywhere along the line in our 3-4 scheme. In 41 games, Joseph has recorded 29.5 TFL's, 20 QBH's, 6.5 sacks, 3 blocked kicks, 2 PD and 1 FF. Plus, he's played some FB in goal line situations....what's not to like?

7. OT Ben Ossai 6-5 330 - Washington

A 4 year starter for the Huskies and will be the best guard left on the board here IMO. Basically, a mauler type with long arms that can be shifted to guard and offers solid depth inside. I think Duke Preston sticks around another year at center, but we need a guy to replace Holland.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I could live with this esp Campbell. I'd love to draft a backup to James at the Mike but I suppose that should wait a year to pick up one in the first two rounds.

Bizwah

Reaction score
Silverstar;3262075 said:

Campbell has prototype size for a LT and has good upside, but is still considered raw at the position and he has a history of nagging injuries. Campbell isn't massive enough to play RT at the next level and is too tall to play inside. He might not be ready to start right away at LT either, but that's ok for a team like Dallas, who can ease him in slowly behind Adams. The NFL ready talent of Mike Iupati (best guard) and Markice Pouncey (best center), might look sexier to GM's who are looking for starters in the 1st round. Couple this, with so many juniors declaring this year and Campbell could fall right in our laps.

Warren certainly has the talent to be a starter cornerback in the NFL and that's what you look for in the 2nd round. He'll be the best CB still available at this spot and better than any safety left on the board IMO. One injury to Newman, Jenkins or Scandrick and our secondary becomes very vulnerable. I don't know if Alan Ball is coming back or not, but I think Warren will be an upgrade anyway. I don't know how much longer Newman (32) will be in Dallas either. It's a passing league folks, just ask Revis and the #1 ranked Jets defense.

Mitchell has a great size/speed combination, but probably should have stayed in school for his own good. Still, he can stretch defenses 15+ avg and shield defenders with his size as well. I like the matchup advantage on smaller CB's, that he brings to the table. I think Ogletree will be become our future slot receiver sooner or later. So, I want another big scary guy with speed to compete with Williams...and the sooner the better. It's a passing league folks, just ask Brees the #1 ranked Saints offense.

BIG corner that the Cowboy scouts were reportedly looking at last week. No chance of playing CB at the next level, but could be a safety with excellent coverage skills. Not sure which safety position fits him best, I'm sure Wade will figure that out quickly. Can also come in on passing downs, to cover the bigger receivers as well. Will be asked to play special teams right away though. Not sure how fast he is, but I'm guessing somewhere between 4.48 and 4.54. A good pick here, but I would rather take him in the 5th round.

Joseph is one of my pet prospects right now. He's a huge prospect, that's athletic enough IMO, to play anywhere along the line in our 3-4 scheme. In 41 games, Joseph has recorded 29.5 TFL's, 20 QBH's, 6.5 sacks, 3 blocked kicks, 2 PD and 1 FF. Plus, he's played some FB in goal line situations....what's not to like?

A 4 year starter for the Huskies and will be the best guard left on the board here IMO. Basically, a mauler type with long arms that can be shifted to guard and offers solid depth inside. I think Duke Preston sticks around another year at center, but we need a guy to replace Holland.

Nice effort.....very realistic.

I like Cook as well. He had a solid game yesterday. I like converted safties. I like the fact they have coverage experience. Alan Ball has really panned out, providing depth at two positions. I think Cook is a candidate to do the same.

I've not heard much about Joseph. He has the size to be a perfect 34 end.

Mitchell is an intruiging prospect. I would consider replacing him with Alexander....but Mitchell is probably more realistic in round three.

Campbell is really a gamble. He is raw, but the ceiling is so high with him. If he develops into his athletic ability, then he could wind up being the top OL from this class.

Silverstar

Reaction score
The Realist;3262168 said:
So many red flags with Campbell.

Campbell is not a day 1 starter at this point, but I think he's still worth the 27th pick with his upside. Also, I think he can get bigger (up to 325) and stronger with his frame, and that should help him anchor against bigger DE's like Jared Allen. Plus, he'll be going up against Ware on a daily basis and that can only help his game.

The Realist

Reaction score
Injuries, only 17 starts, lazy streak, academic issues.

This draft is deep.

You can do better in one.

You cand do better in 3.

Silverstar

Reaction score
The Realist;3262235 said:
Injuries, only 17 starts, lazy streak, academic issues.

This draft is deep.

You can do better in one.

You cand do better in 3.

Well, I've already posted a thread that I'd like to give the Ravens our 1st & 3rd for a proven starter in Jared Gaither. Even though Gaither is only 24, I don't think Jerry would even consider it.

Soooo, bring on Campbell and Mitchell. :)

Reaction score
Silverstar;3262075 said:

Myron Rolle instead of Ossai

VACowboy

Reaction score
He may well prove us all wrong, but Campbell brings too many questions to the table for me too.