1st Post Combine Mock with brief off season

tm1119

Reaction score
-Extend DLaw, Dak, and Cooper
-Don’t touch Bryon or Zeke’s contract
-Rework new deals for both Lee and Crawford lowering their cap hits.
-Resign Cam Fleming and Damien Wilson as long as they are still cheap.

Free Agents: Adrian Phillips and Dante Fowler JR

2nd Round- AJ Brown WR Ole Miss- as usual there is a ton of talent at WR and someone has to fall. If either Deebo or Brown are available at 58 I take them as an added explosive element in the slot the team needs

3rd Round- Anthony Nelson DE Iowa- Long and surprisingly quick base end. Already has advanced hand usage to make his long arms weapons vs blockers. Looks to have the frame to add another 10-15 lbs and play inside as well as base end.

4th Round- Trysten Hill DT UCF- Athletic DT with consistency. Great 1st step and explosion off the ball. Apparently fell out of favor with the new UCF coaching staff so attitude may or may not be an issue.

4th Round Comp- Ryan Bates OL Penn State- played both G and T but projects best inside because of short arms. Also needs to add a few pounds/some muscle but projects good as a versatile 6th o-lineman.

5th Round- Saquan Hampton S Rutgers- Athletic S with great size. Jack of all trades, master of none that projects as a versatile backup.

7th Round- Darwin Thompson RB Utah St- Undersized back with good hands that could be a 3rd down receiving back in the future.

Sydla

Reaction score
Don't like taking a WR in Rd 2.

They just picked up Hurns contract too, so they envision him as the slot in 2019 (I don't agree with the move but it is what it is). I suspect there will be a DT or DE or S or TE at 58 that will be roughly the same value as AJ Brown or Deebo and it just makes more sense for this team to take one of those guys.

tm1119

Reaction score
Don't like taking a WR in Rd 2.

They just picked up Hurns contract too, so they envision him as the slot in 2019 (I don't agree with the move but it is what it is). I suspect there will be a DT or DE or S or TE at 58 that will be roughly the same value as AJ Brown or Deebo and it just makes more sense for this team to take one of those guys.

I had this mock made up before the terrible decision to pick up Hurn’s option...I figured it was a no brainer to decline it.

And I hope this finally the year to address S in FA since there are 6-7 that represent an upgrade for us.

Wouldn’t shock if DE or TE is the pick but I went WR in this 1

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
-Extend DLaw, Dak, and Cooper
-Don’t touch Bryon or Zeke’s contract
-Rework new deals for both Lee and Crawford lowering their cap hits.
-Resign Cam Fleming and Damien Wilson as long as they are still cheap.

Free Agents: Adrian Phillips and Dante Fowler JR

2nd Round- AJ Brown WR Ole Miss- as usual there is a ton of talent at WR and someone has to fall. If either Deebo or Brown are available at 58 I take them as an added explosive element in the slot the team needs

3rd Round- Anthony Nelson DE Iowa- Long and surprisingly quick base end. Already has advanced hand usage to make his long arms weapons vs blockers. Looks to have the frame to add another 10-15 lbs and play inside as well as base end.

4th Round- Trysten Hill DT UCF- Athletic DT with consistency. Great 1st step and explosion off the ball. Apparently fell out of favor with the new UCF coaching staff so attitude may or may not be an issue.

4th Round Comp- Ryan Bates OL Penn State- played both G and T but projects best inside because of short arms. Also needs to add a few pounds/some muscle but projects good as a versatile 6th o-lineman.

5th Round- Saquan Hampton S Rutgers- Athletic S with great size. Jack of all trades, master of none that projects as a versatile backup.

7th Round- Darwin Thompson RB Utah St- Undersized back with good hands that could be a 3rd down receiving back in the future.

Base end usually means strong side DE which is DLaw's position.

OG seems like the deepest position on the team while OT is has no depth other than re-signing stopgap Flemming.
OG
Connor Williams
Joe Looney
Sua-Filo
Ehinger
Adam Redmond

La'el could also play OG if Williams or a new player bypassed him at RT.