1st round burn out,, what about the 2nd round

Displaced Cowboy

Reaction score
Spencer is a fatty.

They must not do much working out at Pitt.

Last year with Petitti being grossly out of shape and now Spencer.

Dayton Cowboy

Reaction score
Like I said above, Bush is ripped. He looks like he's been lifting weights. He was 5'10" 7/8 and 201 lbs.

The other day I saw Bush doing an interview where he talked about this last month he was doing weight training in an effort to get stronger and prove he's an every down back. He also said that between now and USC's pro day he'll work on his speed and getting his 40 time as low as possible.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
aardvark said:
I wouldn't mind that big boy wearing a blue star at all, but not at 18...
I was responding to MW who mentioned taking an OG in the 2nd round. I wouldn't take ol in the 1st at 18 in this draft. But in the 2nd round at 40, I think Latui is good value.

neosapien23

Reaction score
How many people would be upset if Dallas picked a tackle in the first and a guard in 2nd round? I would be very happy with a move like that.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
neosapien23 said:
How many people would be upset if Dallas picked a tackle in the first and a guard in 2nd round? I would be very happy with a move like that.

Most everyone would be upset with that, but it won't happen so no big worry here

neosapien23

Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
Most everyone would be upset with that, but it won't happen so no big worry here

What if the BPAs in those round happened to be a tackle and guard? If McNeil was available in the first and Lutui was available in the second, that would be a home run draft. If Kai Parham was already gone in the 2nd and Carpenter was gone in the first, we need to take the BPA.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
neosapien23 said:
What if the BPAs in those round happened to be a tackle and guard? If McNeil was available in the first and Lutui was available in the second, that would be a home run draft. If Kai Parham was already gone in the 2nd and Carpenter was gone in the first, we need to take the BPA.

mcneil is a reach at 18 IMO. and show me any GM that just takes BPA no matter what postion and I will show you a GM that wont have a job long.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Detroit did that blind BPA thing three years in a row- took WR's. What has that gotten them?

burmafrd

Reaction score
I really think GIlles is the best guard prospect out there. He rocked at the Senior bowl and has looked really agile for a 355 lb guy at the combine. I would have him drop 15 lbs. But I think he could dominate like LA.

neosapien23

Reaction score
burmafrd said:
Detroit did that blind BPA thing three years in a row- took WR's. What has that gotten them?

That was a bit overkill though. Detriot could have take Shawn Merriman in the first. At the time he was the number one ranked pass rusher. If a need postion is very close to the BPA available in talent, than you draft on the need area. IF the BPA is extremely better than a need player, then BPA is the only way to go.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
burmafrd said:
I really think GIlles is the best guard prospect out there. He rocked at the Senior bowl and has looked really agile for a 355 lb guy at the combine. I would have him drop 15 lbs. But I think he could dominate like LA.

The thing about Giles is that he is 355 lbs of well distributed weight. I would have to disagree with you about Giles needing to loose 15 lbs, and if anything he might beable to add a few more and keep his agility and speed.
When you look at most OL that are of Giles size, 355lbs, they usually have "dunlop disease",,, my belly dunlopped over my belt.
But when you look at Giles, you would never think that guy weighs 355, but you would say that he is a very large and well proportioned man.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
They ran 40's with the OL this morning but I haven't been able to watch what I recorded. I just watched some pull drills though that were pretty cool...I'll report on them later as I watch them some more...

Quick notes:

Marcus McNeill - 6'7" 335 lbs. 5.07 40

Daryn Coledge - 5.08 40 he also showed

Jerome Clary - 4.88

Nick Mangold - 5.05

Will Mongomery - 5.09 Has shown very impressive stregnth and athleticism...He has climbed up draft boards today.

Davin Joseph 5.09

Greg Eslinger 5.13