Drafted by Cowboys 1st Round - Pick 26 - DT Mazi Smith - (Michigan)

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
would have preferred Nolan Smith
I thought so but Nolan is a tweener, not a NFL OLB or DE . Unless he puts another 20 lbs without losing speed. He wont hold against massive NFL lineman ( OTs are good athletes too)

rambo2

Reaction score
I’d like to hear more about this cause most Mocks had us selecting Mazi in 2nd round at #58.
At least 1 mock had the Cowboys taking him at 26 and several had him going late in round 1, I think 29 to the Saints and 31 to the Chiefs.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
I’ll be surprised if he’s on the field on 3rd down.
Essentially, if its 3rd and short or long matters, 3rd and short ( or 4th and inches)mostly will be a run play and you need all the big bodies on the line.

Jipper

Reaction score
Essentially, if its 3rd and short or long matters, 3rd and short ( or 4th and inches)mostly will be a run play and you need all the big bodies on the line.
i think the key word is flexibility - the defense now has the one missing piece to be as incredibly flexible based on the situation that is in front of them. Like the pick, dislike the pick - there is no arguing that he is the best DT on the team and fills in a gap that we had immediately.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Funny that KC tried to trade up to get Mazi only to get a.....nah bruh!

kevm3

Reaction score
Attitude wise, I like Mazi. He WANTS contact and wants to play tough. he's not undersized or a finesse kind of guy that will get tossed around. The guys are building a TOUGH football team, which is what I like.

NoFurtherQuestions

Reaction score
Cowboys drafting a DT super early?

giphy.gif

What alternate reality have I woken up in?

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Got to see his presser, seems like a good young man. He said his agent told him that he was expected to go between 25-40 round pick.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
He said his favorite player that has been on the Cowboys is Jaylon Smith. His popularity on here is about to drop. lol