Drafted by Cowboys 1st Round - Pick 26 - DT Mazi Smith - (Michigan)

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I don’t watch college, but first thing I noticed from the tape is he’s huge, but in a tall way, but doesn’t get good leverage, maybe because of his height.

When you normally think big NT, you don’t think tall, you think low center of gravity and round.

I think that may be in part due to the coaching at Michigan. I think Quinn will fix that. Parsons was all in on him.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Let’s hope he’s good enough to maximize Smith’s potential.
My biggest worry with him, he offers zero pass rush and really struggled against Avilia in the playoffs. Think he is a similar player to Dalvin Tomlinson, but has the potential to be better. We need him to be a dominate run stopper first.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
It’s just a philosophical thing.

Taking a 1 tech with our first pick I do not like unless he can hit the QB.

I don’t see this guy as someone that makes an impact on the outcome of games.

For what he will bring I don’t like it with our first pick.

He looks talented but its meh.
I can understand your hesitation, but the more one looks at Mazi Smith's tapes, plus his strength, quickness and aggressiveness, he could be a steal. His size, combine results and college play is similar to DaRon Payne's. He could be a huge difference maker for our Defense.

Carter

Reaction score
Run D was our biggest weakness on Defense and we fixed that with the best run stopper in the Draft. Cant complain much.

Still believe they wanted Kincaid and were devasted when the Bills jumped them.

Reactions: CWR

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Defense would potentially be complete. Still need a dominate, interior rusher, but they would have pass rushers galore.
I think Osa is going to have 6+ sacks this year and Gholston is now going be the primary 3tech back up. Mazi now puts the rest of the line in place.

Carter

Reaction score
I immediately thought of Taco.
God I really hope I'm so very wrong.
Xichigan players want to make me vomit.
Lol
We just didnt draft the right ones.

Frank Clark for example was a big pick for the Chiefs

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I am getting ahead of myself but Saunders and Mazi would be just as good Carter and Smith. Just won’t have the Georgia hype.
I think it coukd be better. Saunders would be a lethal Lb, especially with Parsons and now Smith. My goodness, the offense had better produce haha. All the offense has to do is basically drive the bus.

Iago33

Reaction score
Since I dont watchthe college game, I can not speak on this specific player. What I am very happy about though is the fact that the notre dane TE was there and we passed on him. I have faith in the two young guys we have... so you roll with them. We drafted Ferguson last year to take over this year. No need to waste the pick on another TE.

DT was absolutely a position we needed some depth on... so if this kid is legit, Im good.

Id rather have my players listening to thrash metal than writing poetry though:)
People can do both!

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I think it coukd be better. Saunders would be a lethal Lb, especially with Parsons and now Smith. My goodness, the offense had better produce haha. All the offense has to do is basically drive the b
Nolan Smith is not as good as Saunders. He is just faster.

glimmerman

Reaction score
If this kid can play we will have solid DT play in the middle finally. Don’t be surprised if we get another DT late rounds. Quinn wants to complete the Defense. This maybe a trench draft and if we get good players I am fine with it.

reddyuta

Reaction score
My biggest worry with him, he offers zero pass rush and really struggled against Avilia in the playoffs. Think he is a similar player to Dalvin Tomlinson, but has the potential to be better. We need him to be a dominate run stopper first.
he is definitely not a dominant run stopper.imo he needs to be taught everything from scratch.starting from his stance and pad level.he doesnt stay low,all his strength is negated because he engages high and is just pushed aside by a guard easily.

Carter

Reaction score
Unbenannt.png

Dude is basically a human fridge