2 Mock Draft

dannyboy

Reaction score
Focus is on the Lines

I would rather let Dak play out this year and cross my fingers that Trey actually becomes a very good QB
My guess is we extend him...

FA
Frankie Luvu LB 4 yr
Jordan Lewis CB 2yr
Stephon Gilmore CB 1yr
Johnathan Hankins 1DT 1yr

Thought is keeping TS long term at OG. Maybe short term at LT as we have Bass for OG if needed until KS is ready

Traded back twice

NFL-team-logo

Kingsley Suamataia OT BYU
trade-icon

NFL-team-logo

Sedrick Van Pran-Granger OC Georgia
trade-icon

NFL-team-logo

Jonathon Brooks RB Texas
trade-icon

NFL-team-logo

Junior Colson LB Michigan
trade-icon

NFL-team-logo

McKinnley Jackson DT Texas A&M
NFL-team-logo

Maason Smith DT LSU
trade-icon

NFL-team-logo

Brandon Coleman OG TCU
trade-icon

NFL-team-logo

Ryan Flornoy WR SE Missouri State
NFL-team-logo

Dominique Hampton S Washington
NFL-team-logo

Ryan Watts S Texas

QB Dak Trey
FB Hunter
RB Jonathon Brooks Rico FA/Deuce
WR Cee Cee Brooks/Flornoy Turpin
WR Cooks Tobert John Stephens Jr/FA
TE Ferg Schoo Hend Princeton Fant
OT Kingsley Suamataia Asim Richards
OG TS Bass
C Sedrick Van Pran-Granger
OG Martin Coleman
OT Terrance

DE Lawrence Fehoko
1DT Hankins Smith McKinnley Jackson
3DT Osa Maason Smith Golston
DE Micah Sam Williams FA
LB Luvu Junior Colson
LB Overshown FA
LB D Clark
CB Diggs Lewis Scott
SS Wilson Hampton/Israel
FS Hooker Watts/Thomas Bell
CB Bland Gilmore

Thoughts?

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Fairly realistic and I like the top 4 picks

Luvu won’t have to try too hard to find 10 teams willing to pay him more than Cap Boy will offer.

After Colson, I’m not sure anyone makes the team. The A&M DT would be another in long line of DTs that can’t get it done at the NFL level.

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
Focus is on the Lines

I would rather let Dak play out this year and cross my fingers that Trey actually becomes a very good QB
My guess is we extend him...

FA
Frankie Luvu LB 4 yr
Jordan Lewis CB 2yr
Stephon Gilmore CB 1yr
Johnathan Hankins 1DT 1yr

Thought is keeping TS long term at OG. Maybe short term at LT as we have Bass for OG if needed until KS is ready

Traded back twice

NFL-team-logo

Kingsley Suamataia OT BYU
trade-icon

NFL-team-logo

Sedrick Van Pran-Granger OC Georgia
trade-icon

NFL-team-logo

Jonathon Brooks RB Texas
trade-icon

NFL-team-logo

Junior Colson LB Michigan
trade-icon

NFL-team-logo

McKinnley Jackson DT Texas A&M
NFL-team-logo

Maason Smith DT LSU
trade-icon

NFL-team-logo

Brandon Coleman OG TCU
trade-icon

NFL-team-logo

Ryan Flornoy WR SE Missouri State
NFL-team-logo

Dominique Hampton S Washington
NFL-team-logo

Ryan Watts S Texas

QB Dak Trey
FB Hunter
RB Jonathon Brooks Rico FA/Deuce
WR Cee Cee Brooks/Flornoy Turpin
WR Cooks Tobert John Stephens Jr/FA
TE Ferg Schoo Hend Princeton Fant
OT Kingsley Suamataia Asim Richards
OG TS Bass
C Sedrick Van Pran-Granger
OG Martin Coleman
OT Terrance

DE Lawrence Fehoko
1DT Hankins Smith McKinnley Jackson
3DT Osa Maason Smith Golston
DE Micah Sam Williams FA
LB Luvu Junior Colson
LB Overshown FA
LB D Clark
CB Diggs Lewis Scott
SS Wilson Hampton/Israel
FS Hooker Watts/Thomas Bell
CB Bland Gilmore

Thoughts?
KS is the first guy on the wrong side of my cut-off line for an early selection @ tackle. Like his size and initial move. Think he would have been better developed if he stayed @ Oregon. 44 seems about right for him though.

Accidentally started watching SVP when trying to find tape of a healthy Mims. Like his demeanor and hands but his feet scared me a bit. Not sure ‘bout him in the 2nd but we may need a body. Is he better than B. Hoffman?

Coming off an ACL frightens me. Not necessarily medically, but mentally. When will he be clear of both hurdles to contribute at 100% cuz I wouldn’t consider 2nd contacts for RB’s. Need a dude ready to go now.

I’m in on Colson at 77. I think good player and good value and a position of need. Like him here.

I see the effort to make something stick at DT. lol. Just curious, was the kid from Duke (D. Carter) available in this window? Just remember him popping a little bit during games.

I haven’t been spying guards so can’t comment here and I don’t know anything about the receiver. You’re digging deeper than me at this point.

Wonder if either/both the safeties could be UDFA’s? Saw Hampton a few times this year and don’t recall him playing poorly and the guy is super traitsy. Maybe another safety in this area could be Evan Williams. He doesn’t test well but always seems to be around the ball in impactful ways.

tm1119

Reaction score
Fairly realistic and I like the top 4 picks

Luvu won’t have to try too hard to find 10 teams willing to pay him more than Cap Boy will offer.

After Colson, I’m not sure anyone makes the team. The A&M DT would be another in long line of DTs that can’t get it done at the NFL level.
What failure A&M DT’s are you talking about? I can’t think of many DT’s that have been expected to be much from A&M…unless that’s your point. Madubike is about the only that comes to mind and he’s been pretty damn good

But I like this mock overall. First 5 picks are all good and Flournoy has real sleeper potential. Only gripe overall is that I don’t know that we need to spend $ on both Gilmore and Lewis. Obviously depth is nice, but 1 of those guys is going to be the 4th CB…and not a cheap 1. Can probably get a pretty good DT or RB for same price

Last edited:

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
What failure A&M DT’s are you talking about? I can’t think of many DT’s that have been expected to be much from A&M
Not that he's from A&M.

He's the same type of DT we keep drafting. Great first step, no second step. Scouts/fans see the iitial burst and fall in love and ignore that the player doesn't have a plan or the dicipline to hold his gap.

tm1119

Reaction score
Not that he's from A&M.

He's the same type of DT we keep drafting. Great first step, no second step. Scouts/fans see the iitial burst and fall in love and ignore that the player doesn't have a plan or the dicipline to hold his gap.
Got ya…my only counterpoint is that McKinnley is bigger and stronger than pretty much all the DT’s we’ve watched fail. I see him as more of a 1 tech that can add some disruptiveness at times, not a guy you’re banking on to be a consistent pass rusher. But I can see 87 being a bit too high for him as well. In a perfect world you’d get a guy like that in the 4th