2 playoff wins

wrongway

Reaction score
2 for Romo for a career. 2 for bortles in a season. This is one of the many examples I use when telling my kids life isn't fair. Sometimes you're just a victim of circumstances. So sad and infuriating. Romo so superior to bortles yet here we are.

kevm3

Reaction score
how many more careers is Garrett going to destroy is the question. Ware and Bennett are two of the guys who escaped this organization to win superbowls. If Dak and Elliott stick around and Garrett is still here, throw their careers in the trash too. Philly is in the Conference championship with their backup and the jags are in with what was considered one of the bigger busts at the qb position.

Front office and coaching are the keys to sustained success in this league, and unfortunately for us, both aspects are bad for us... hence 20 years of mediocrity.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I thought you can't win games when your defense gives up a lot of points?

That is what the Romo apologists cling onto for years. Bortles just won a road playoff game where his team gave up 42.
That particular game doesn’t support that but the Jags #2 defense and running game is what propelled them to playoffs.

Bortyles played well today. He deserves credit but is not why Jags have made it this far but appears to certainly be better than he looked last week when their defense won it.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
That particular game doesn’t support that but the Jags #2 defense and running game is what propelled them to playoffs.

Bortyles played well today. He deserves credit but is not why Jags have made it this far but appears to certainly be better than he looked last week when their defense won it.

Bortles was a big part of why they won today. I am not talking about what led them to this point. He made big plays. He sacked up and led his team on a couple big TD drives. Romo never did that in this round. And had 3 chances to do so.

visionary

Reaction score
2 for Romo for a career. 2 for bortles in a season. This is one of the many examples I use when telling my kids life isn't fair. Sometimes you're just a victim of circumstances. So sad and infuriating. Romo so superior to bortles yet here we are.

Romo had the choice to leave: he didn't

Romo had the choice to pressure Jerry to get a real HC: he didn't

Romo was who he was
A good QB content to be "good enough"

He made his bed

Now, with a real HC I think he would have won a SB

weaver21

Reaction score
Bortles was a big part of why they won today. I am not talking about what led them to this point. He made big plays. He sacked up and led his team on a couple big TD drives. Romo never did that in this round. And had 3 chances to do so.

:laugh: So Bortles is better than Romo then, right?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jags defense certainly helped out today with some turnovers.

And Romo certainly didn’t hurt the Cowboys in 2014 divisional round round in Green Bay and cant say he really did in 2007 either. In 2009 Romo looked awful.

But what led to this point is a critical part of the story .

I’d argue if we had #2 defense we would have beat Packers in 2014 and 2016.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
I thought you can't win games when your defense gives up a lot of points?

That is what the Romo apologists cling onto for years. Bortles just won a road playoff game where his team gave up 42.

You can when you’re +2 turnovers. Don’t feel bad though. Romo opinions are how I separate the wheat from the chaff around here.