2 RB set: utilize Pollard & Clement with Zeke

Loso86

Reaction score
Clement was as effective as Elliott. The issue isn't that Clement is great. The issue is that Elliott is kinda mediocre at this point. With this OL, a non-explosive back that is slow to the line is dead in the water. Watch what Arizona did to them last week. Their DEs never even bothered to keep containment against Elliott because they had no fear of him.

I wish they could cut Elliott this offseason and try to remake the OL and RB position but alas, they are stuck with Zeke for another year most likely given his contract.
Lol sure bro

Sydla

Reaction score
Lol sure bro

Sure what? You think Elliott is still an elite, upper level TB?

It really is hilarious watching you Elliott homers struggle with what's happening to Zeke. 1600 carries in his career. He's worn down like many TBs before him.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score

It really is hilarious watching you Elliott homers struggle with what's happening to Zeke. 1600 carries in his career. He's worn down like many TBs before him.

First half of the season he was at an elite level, but the injury and less commitment to the run slowed him down. If they can do extra rehab on his knee then he will be back to early form.

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
I saw what I liked out of the running game with varied formations and stay committing to it each quarter of the game.

Offense needs to utilize two RB set more and use motions to go from run to pass plays and counter the Arizona’s & Denvers show blitz and drop coverage look.

The motion allows one of the RB to go out as a hot read if they blitz while other can stay to pass protect or run from spread formation.

No

Loso86

Reaction score

Be careful with bad assumptions, im nobody's homer.. didn't say he was still elite. But definitely not as bad as half of you think

1972COWBOY

Reaction score
Let get a little Hardy in there. Div 2 school but he was the best at what he did there.

Sydla

Reaction score
Be careful with bad assumptions, im nobody's homer.. didn't say he was still elite. But definitely not as bad as half of you think

He’s decent at this point. What does he do well? Block. That’s about it.

Loso86

Reaction score
He’s decent at this point. What does he do well? Block. That’s about it.
Lol sure bro, he can't catch has no lower body strength don't get the tough yards still don't show power ar the point of contact, sure and there is NO reason to have a thunder and lighting guy. Let's put Pollard in and see if he wears the defense down and still has his Burts late in the game and let's put in a journeyman. Like 32 to close the game out hey I'm game

LovinItAll

Reaction score
I saw what I liked out of the running game with varied formations and stay committing to it each quarter of the game.

Offense needs to utilize two RB set more and use motions to go from run to pass plays and counter the Arizona’s & Denvers show blitz and drop coverage look.

The motion allows one of the RB to go out as a hot read if they blitz while other can stay to pass protect or run from spread formation.

Not sure why you and Sturm aren't OC candidates for the Cowboys. Or any NFL team. Or a Division 1 college team. Or a Division 2 team. Or a JuCo team. High school, maybe. The brilliant insights y'all have would surely be appreciated by someone. After all, what does Moore really know. He's half a step away from coaching Pop Warner.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I wonder if Zeke could play Left Guard.

I was thinking we could move him to FB. It might actually help the run game as opposed to him hurting the run game. Dump him after next year when we can.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Zeke is slow to the hole. Anyone who watches him can see he lacks any real explosiveness. Clement isn't a better TB. But he may work better with this OL.

People really are struggling with the Elliott drop off it seems.

More posters that arent man enough to admit the Zeke detractors have been right about Zeke.

manster4ever

Reaction score
Hot take.

Clement is a better option at TB right now than Zeke with this OL.

I mean...yeah. Months ago this would have been this dumbest take ever. Now? Zeke is so banged up it's just frustrating to me watching him TRY to run. He had no business being on the field yesterday ****** all. Give me more Clement and Pollard (IF he's healthy that is) I think overall that Moore has done a poor job managing Zeke this season. He should've already missed 2-3 games IMO. I know he thinks he's a bad azzed 'warrior' going out there compromised but the fact of the matter is he's hurting the team.

Sydla

Reaction score
Lol sure bro, he can't catch has no lower body strength don't get the tough yards still don't show power ar the point of contact, sure and there is NO reason to have a thunder and lighting guy. Let's put Pollard in and see if he wears the defense down and still has his Burts late in the game and let's put in a journeyman. Like 32 to close the game out hey I'm game

Pollard is the better receiver and more explosive player in the passing game. Zeke is a between the tackle runner at this point. Until last night, against a shell of a defense, the Cowboys barely even ran Elliott outside anymore because he was so ineffective. He has no explosiveness and no real wiggle anymore. Last night on a run, the OL collapsed the line and he broke outside. No one was there, he got 7 yards but it should have been 20 but his lack of speed and any wiggle, caused him to literally just run into a defender.

He's just a decent TB at this point.

Loso86

Reaction score
Pollard is the better receiver and more explosive player in the passing game. Zeke is a between the tackle runner at this point. Until last night, against a shell of a defense, the Cowboys barely even ran Elliott outside anymore because he was so ineffective. He has no explosiveness and no real wiggle anymore. Last night on a run, the OL collapsed the line and he broke outside. No one was there, he got 7 yards but it should have been 20 but his lack of speed and any wiggle, caused him to literally just run into a defender.

He's just a decent TB at this point.
Sure