2 Seconds-3 Yard Line-One Play To Win

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Playoff Game!

My first option.

Double Tight End set, Witten lined up left, Bennett strong side right. Anderson and Barber in the I. Witten goes in motion to the right, draws the linebacker with him. Anderson leads Barber right over the top of Bennett. Tony executes a seamless play fake to Barber and runs a naked bootleg to the left for a touchdown. The defense has to respect Barber and Witten and the flow of the play to the right. Athleticism and will let Tony score in space even if he has one man to beat.

And...it exercises the demon of the Seattle game.

2nd Option - I love this Play.

Witten lines up left. He blocks downs. Romo play-fakes to Barber. Witten gets back up runs to the left corner of the endzone where Romo floats it to him perfectly for a TD

3rd Option

Any pick play. The receivers have to sell it, but how in the world can you stop that?

By the way, I wonder if the coaches ever go back a few years and look at successful red zone plays. I remember some pretty imaginative stuff from Garrett under Parcells that I haven't seen in a long time.

Richmond Cowboy

Reaction score
DandyDon1722;2443552 said:
By the way, I wonder if the coaches ever go back a few years and look at successful red zone plays. I remember some pretty imaginative stuff from Garrett under Parcells that I haven't seen in a long time.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Garrett never coached under Parcells.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
DandyDon1722;2443552 said:
Playoff Game!

My first option.

Double Tight End set, Witten lined up left, Bennett strong side right. Anderson and Barber in the I. Witten goes in motion to the right, draws the linebacker with him. Anderson leads Barber right over the top of Bennett. Tony executes a seamless play fake to Barber and runs a naked bootleg to the left for a touchdown. The defense has to respect Barber and Witten and the flow of the play to the right. Athleticism and will let Tony score in space even if he has one man to beat.

And...it exercises the demon of the Seattle game.

2nd Option - I love this Play.

Witten lines up left. He blocks downs. Romo play-fakes to Barber. Witten gets back up runs to the left corner of the endzone where Romo floats it to him perfectly for a TD

3rd Option

Any pick play. The receivers have to sell it, but how in the world can you stop that?

your first option is...:money:

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
Richmond Cowboy;2443570 said:

you're correct.

his first option is still money though.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Your second option is the old Bruce Coslet play. It worked every time. I loved that play.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Richmond Cowboy;2443570 said:

RC -Geez I think you're right, my bad. He wasn't on the staff with Parcells.

Richmond Cowboy

Reaction score
DandyDon1722;2443590 said:
RC -Geez I think you're right, my bad. He wasn't on the staff with Parcells.

I do like your 1st choice best. Not crazy about the fade as the "last" play. Seems like they more than often end up in an incompletion, I would prefer to try the fade on 1st down.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
jobberone;2443609 said:
Run the ball with Barber up the middle

in a playoff game?

they would stuff him silly from the three.

DEZBRYANT x88x

Caps8Cowboys41
Reaction score
lane;2443625 said:
in a playoff game?

they would stuff him silly from the three.

yeah your right i say just a qb draw have a PA to barber then have romo roll out

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
we can pull a 49er trick and run the ball with Stanback right up the gut.....the defense would never expect it.

CM Duck

I'm breaking the 4th wall...
Reaction score
QB(Romo!!!) draw up the middle after a 2 or 3 step drop from a 4 WR or 2 WR 2 TE set where Barber(or Jones if he were healthy) motions out of the back field. If the middle wasnt clear enough for Romo he could always adlib to the good ole' push pass...

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
go big in the back field with witten, bennett and barber. barber dive right.