2 Seconds-3 Yard Line-One Play To Win

TroyNJ

Reaction score
I'd have a 4 wide set to spread the defense (would use Bennett as one of the wides), I would put MB3 in motion (to take another linebacker with him) and run a QB draw with Romo, the defense would be so worried about T.O. and MB3 it would be $$$$.

TroyNJ

Reaction score
Doomsday Duck;2443678 said:
QB(Romo!!!) draw up the middle after a 2 or 3 step drop from a 4 WR or 2 WR 2 TE set where Barber(or Jones if he were healthy) motions out of the back field. If the middle wasnt clear enough for Romo he could always adlib to the good ole' push pass...

Sorry I didn't see this before I replied, it's nice to see another great mind at work!;)

TwentyOne

Reaction score
DandyDon1722;2443552 said:
Playoff Game!

My first option.

Double Tight End set, Witten lined up left, Bennett strong side right. Anderson and Barber in the I. Witten goes in motion to the right, draws the linebacker with him. Anderson leads Barber right over the top of Bennett. Tony executes a seamless play fake to Barber and runs a naked bootleg to the left for a touchdown. The defense has to respect Barber and Witten and the flow of the play to the right. Athleticism and will let Tony score in space even if he has one man to beat.

And...it exercises the demon of the Seattle game.

2nd Option - I love this Play.

Witten lines up left. He blocks downs. Romo play-fakes to Barber. Witten gets back up runs to the left corner of the endzone where Romo floats it to him perfectly for a TD

3rd Option

Any pick play. The receivers have to sell it, but how in the world can you stop that?

By the way, I wonder if the coaches ever go back a few years and look at successful red zone plays. I remember some pretty imaginative stuff from Garrett under Parcells that I haven't seen in a long time.

Against Seattle ?

I'd say yes to everything except a FG try. ;)

Doomsday101

Reaction score
2much2soon;2443569 said:
1 step drop and fade to Roy11

I agree. With his height, long arms and leaping ability Roy is the man I would go to in this situation

HoosierCowboy

Put Pearson in the HOF
Reaction score
spread the field and run an option play: Barber over left guard but Romo can throw a quick turn in or out if the coverage is loose or he can give it to Barber or fake it and keep but still with the option to pass

Sonny#9

Reaction score
3rd Option

Any pick play.

I get to pick any play?! Ok, I choose either of those plays, except the ball is intercepted and returned that other way for 6...:D

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Since the deficit was not included on the post how many points are we down? I may choose to kick the FG

pgreptom

Reaction score
Sonny#9;2444175 said:
I get to pick any play?! Ok, I choose either of those plays, except the ball is intercepted and returned that other way for 6...:D

Your sig is great.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
Fade to Roy Williams.

If Brad Johnson can execute it, it's gotta be effective.

If the ball is thrown well, there's not a CB in the NFL that can stop that without interferring.

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
Playoff Game!

My first option.

Double Tight End set, Witten lined up left, Bennett strong side right. Anderson and Barber in the I. Witten goes in motion to the right, draws the linebacker with him. Anderson leads Barber right over the top of Bennett. Tony executes a seamless play fake to Barber and runs a naked bootleg to the left for a touchdown. The defense has to respect Barber and Witten and the flow of the play to the right. Athleticism and will let Tony score in space even if he has one man to beat.

And...it exercises the demon of the Seattle game.

2nd Option - I love this Play.

Witten lines up left. He blocks downs. Romo play-fakes to Barber. Witten gets back up runs to the left corner of the endzone where Romo floats it to him perfectly for a TD

3rd Option

Any pick play. The receivers have to sell it, but how in the world can you stop that?

By the way, I wonder if the coaches ever go back a few years and look at successful red zone plays. I remember some pretty imaginative stuff from Garrett under Parcells that I haven't seen in a long time.

Love the first play with one minor change. Considering it's a do or die play, you really need to give Romo at least one passing option on the naked boot.

Perhaps a WR or TE lined up on the right should run a slower developing type drag route along the back of the endzone right to left.

Slower developing so you can still sell the run action right yet have a legit passing option if the outside defender stays home and cuts off Romo's angle to the endzone.

btcutter

Reaction score
I like the pick play with a twist. TO and Roy lined up on the same side, TO sets a minor pick for Roy to the the corner. If pick works, Romo pass to Roy to the corner to TD. If pick didn't work that mean CB playing off enough for a slant to TO

This give Romo options.

I would never not have an option on 1 play to win a game.