20 Questions: 12 -have they gotten better at CB

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/12-have-they-gotten-better-or-worse-at-cb

All 3 answers say it depends on the health of Trevon Diggs.
They are not worse, and can possibly be better. One still thinks they should bring back Gilmore.

Signing Lewis to return at slot, as Bland stays at CB. However, how much did Gilmore help Bland, by being respected and being on the field from OC and QB's.
So yes, how does Diggs do, can be a big factor. Not taking away from Bland.

75boyz

Reaction score
Yeah, kind of a no brainer answer here.
The secondary prior to Quinn's tenure as DC was absolutely allergic to intercepting the football for many years. I had never seen more stone hands and lack of ball awareness while the ball is in the air in my life.

Then the arrival of Diggs and Bland happened along with Al Harris's coaching and so we now boast one of the most formidable ballhawking duos in the NFL.

So yes, the secondary has vastly improved from previous years.

Just gotta wait to see how Diggs responds from his injury to judge this specific year.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Tough question to answer. I would say that the potential to be better is present if Diggs makes a full return. I wont downplay how good Bland and Gilmore were a season ago though, and how difficult it will be to duplicate what those two did this year.

The other factor we have to consider is how Zim will use these guys compared to DQ. Historically Zimmer has played a lot of softer zone on early downs and become more aggressive on 3rd and long and red zone situations. It'll be interesting to see if he changes this approach with the turnover potential of his guys on the outside.

bigE79

Reaction score
https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/12-have-they-gotten-better-or-worse-at-cb

All 3 answers say it depends on the health of Trevon Diggs.
They are not worse, and can possibly be better. One still thinks they should bring back Gilmore.

Signing Lewis to return at slot, as Bland stays at CB. However, how much did Gilmore help Bland, by being respected and being on the field from OC and QB's.
So yes, how does Diggs do, can be a big factor. Not taking away from Bland.
Should have brought back Gilmore,I don't expect much from diggs this year,those injuries take up to 2 years to full recover.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
Tough question to answer. I would say that the potential to be better is present if Diggs makes a full return. I wont downplay how good Bland and Gilmore were a season ago though, and how difficult it will be to duplicate what those two did this year.

The other factor we have to consider is how Zim will use these guys compared to DQ. Historically Zimmer has played a lot of softer zone on early downs and become more aggressive on 3rd and long and red zone situations. It'll be interesting to see if he changes this approach with the turnover potential of his guys on the outside.
Seahawks, 49ers and Packers were the only ones that lit up last year's secondary