20 Questions: 16 - who makes the biggest year 2 jump

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/16-who-makes-biggest-year-2-jump

:popcorn: on this one.

2 answer with Luke Schoonmaker. Favorite player to hate on for many. Remember he did miss all the off season camps and part of TC last year.
Now healthy and a full year to get how things work.

1 answer for Overshown.

Who do you have, any other players?
Leupke possibly, Deuce?

Last edited:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was going to post this lol, Overshown of course, everyone is dying to see how this kid is going to be. I wish they'd use Leupke more, Vaughn may surprise us
Yeah all eyes will be on Overshown. I can see Leupke getting his chances. Still not sure about Deuce, but I am sure he will get more opportunities in PS games.

Another player to watch to see his year two leap is Jalen Brooks.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The answer is clearly Overshown. Deuce, Leupke, Brooks, Schoon, Mazi, Scott, Thomas and all the others won't see near as many snaps as Overshown. Nor will they be starting.

The better question is who will make the biggest jump AFTER Overshown or who will make the 2nd biggest jump AFTER Overshown because he is so clearly the correct answer.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
If it's not Mazi or Overshown, does it really matter?

League is tailored to make offenses successful. Getting better on O isn't gaining ground like getting better on D is.

plasticman

Reaction score
Schoonmaker. All he has to do is catch 16 passes to double his output from last season.

Overshown is not eligible, this will be his rookie season since he was not activated for a single game last season.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I was going to post this lol, Overshown of course, everyone is dying to see how this kid is going to be. I wish they'd use Leupke more, Vaughn may surprise us
Vaughn has already surprised me for even being on the team! I mean he really can't offer much. And I asked a question yesterday, was he even active for any regular season game last year? I don't recall if he was.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
For overshown just staying healthy enough to suite up is a jump. Now I don't know if he takes a step forward in his play because he hasn't played a real game yet. Watch for Mazi and Leupke to take a leap forward.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Vaughn has already surprised me for even being on the team! I mean he really can't offer much. And I asked a question yesterday, was he even active for any regular season game last year? I don't recall if he was.
Of course he was, they were giving him the ball too early he should have debut later in the year

visionary

Reaction score

Motorola

Reaction score
Schoonmaker. All he has to do is catch 16 passes to double his output from last season.

Overshown is not eligible, this will be his rookie season since he was not activated for a single game last season.
The NBA does it that way (Blake Griffin, Chet Holmgren) - but not the NFL.
2023 is listed as Overshown's rookie season, even though he didn't play a single down during the 17 games.
On the Cowboys roster - IR status.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Earlier there was talk of Deuce taking snaps from the slot.
It was always obvious he's not a lead back, but could be a gimmick back. That they're finally giving him snaps in the slot is a step in the right direction.
Whenever I saw his college film, he looked like and extremely natural pass catcher to me. His quickness, acceleration, and low center of gravity should make him big problem to cover in the slot. And Dak does like separation.
That's how Deuce makes a jump, IMO. if he can become a dual threat. Cuz he's just not a big threat at RB.