20 Questions: No. 17, how starting lineup shakes out at LB

CCBoy

Reaction score
https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/17-how-starting-lineup-shakes-out-at-lb

All 4 answers seem to be all over the place. But all pretty much say, versatile, position flex. At LB, pass rusher, SS types, as well the actual SS that can also move up to a LB spot.

I know many are concerned here. But it may not me as dire as some think.
I'm really liking this group for diversity and depth. With defensive tackles with size, the group can influence both stopping the run and putting pressure on receivers.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I'm really liking this group for diversity and depth. With defensive tackles with size, the group can influence both stopping the run and putting pressure on receivers.
You cant REALLY like a linebacker group where LVE is our top guy. LVE is a JAG. Clarke we can only hope he comes on strong this year. Then who is there? Overshawn? A light rookie? He is more of a guy that you could see making a difference on 3rd down as a drop down safety type in the nickel or dime. And probably not until the 2nd half of the year.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You cant REALLY like a linebacker group where LVE is our top guy. LVE is a JAG. Clarke we can only hope he comes on strong this year. Then who is there? Overshawn? A light rookie? He is more of a guy that you could see making a difference on 3rd down as a drop down safety type in the nickel or dime. And probably not until the 2nd half of the year.
LVE is not a jag. He is a decent solid player. He does make plays.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep that is a jag. A decent to solid player. Avg
No that is not a jag. A solid player actually contributes. An average player even contributes.

Right now a jag would players that can make a play now and then, like Wright or Joseph, or Ball, well ok he may be below a jag.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
No that is not a jag. A solid player actually contributes. An average player even contributes.

Right now a jag would players that can make a play now and then, like Wright or Joseph, or Ball, well ok he may be below a jag.
My god you dont even know what the term JAG means? LOL

A JAG is an average starter. That's EXACTLY what LVE is. You said it perfectly. He's a decent to solid player.

Wright or joseph dont even start. a JAG refers to an average starter. Wright and Joseph are "backups".

Do I have to each you everything?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My god you dont even know what the term JAG means? LOL

A JAG is an average starter. That's EXACTLY what LVE is. You said it perfectly. He's a decent to solid player.

Wright or joseph dont even start. a JAG refers to an average starter. Wright and Joseph are "backups".

Do I have to each you everything?
You know nothing to teach anyone anything.