Video: 20 years ago today Emmitt Smith became all-time leading rusher

stilltheguru

Reaction score
All of the "this guy will break Emmitt's records" guys have faded into the sunset - Curtis Martin (whom even Emmitt thought would catch him), Tomlinson, Gore. There's nobody left besides maybe Henry, but some of his yearly totals drag down his good years.
Henry has no shot lol

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score

GOAT
Barry came off the field at the goal line half way into his career. Emmitt could run, block, catch and get the dirty yards. Barry was the greatest runner ever, Emmitt was the greatest running back ever. I don't wanna hear Jim Brown, he was just a big boy in a little boy time. Had he played with guys today he doesn't dominate like he did. Put Emmitt/Barry/TD/Tomlinson/Dickerson in any era they dominate.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
main-qimg-cfeed19e8e164bb395267aebc6af692c
Thomas Jones at 25 I had NO idea!

Kingofholland

Reaction score
It amazes me that fans of the team from back then actually appreciate Emmitt's rushing record.

Those days were my worst times as a Cowboys fan.

To this day, I still despise Emmitt Smith. His last couple/few years in Dallas . . . it wasn't about winning, or making the playoffs, or another Super Bowl. The team was hardly competitive at all. And Jerry's focus, as well as Emmitt's ego's focus, was only about getting the rushing record.

I don't really consider Emmitt the rushing leader, because, pure statistics aside, he was fed the ball just so he could get the record and continued playing long after he was any good. I have a lot more respect for players like Andre Reed, who was angry when his team threw him short, screen passes, just so he could achieve a record in receptions, behind Jerry Rice. Reed ended up #2 in all-time receptions at that time. But he was pissed when they threw him several screen passes just so he could achieve the record.

Fans of Emmitt's rushing record should go back and look at the context, and how it actually happened, and then go look at Andre Reed's reaction when he got the same treatment by his team in order to get the record.

I know many fans love him, but Emmitt Smith will always be one of my least favorite Cowboys of all-time. And Roy Williams will always be one of my favorites for making Emmitt cry.

OK, are you sure you're a Cowboys fan? Were the Campo years your favorite, lol

JayFord

Reaction score
I remember it and i wanted to cry

it also sucked we lost the game but the 00-02 cowboys A loss was always on the menu

JBond

Reaction score
It amazes me that fans of the team from back then actually appreciate Emmitt's rushing record.

Those days were my worst times as a Cowboys fan.

To this day, I still despise Emmitt Smith. His last couple/few years in Dallas . . . it wasn't about winning, or making the playoffs, or another Super Bowl. The team was hardly competitive at all. And Jerry's focus, as well as Emmitt's ego's focus, was only about getting the rushing record.

I don't really consider Emmitt the rushing leader, because, pure statistics aside, he was fed the ball just so he could get the record and continued playing long after he was any good. I have a lot more respect for players like Andre Reed, who was angry when his team threw him short, screen passes, just so he could achieve a record in receptions, behind Jerry Rice. Reed ended up #2 in all-time receptions at that time. But he was pissed when they threw him several screen passes just so he could achieve the record.

Fans of Emmitt's rushing record should go back and look at the context, and how it actually happened, and then go look at Andre Reed's reaction when he got the same treatment by his team in order to get the record.

I know many fans love him, but Emmitt Smith will always be one of my least favorite Cowboys of all-time. And Roy Williams will always be one of my favorites for making Emmitt cry.

Some clown has to always screw up a thread on a Cowboys home page forum. Knock it off.