$200 Million buys you

Ken

Reaction score
2 penalties
Numerous pressures and a sack.
3 Interceptions
Poor audible decision making.
Numerous balls floated up indiscriminately

If I'm Jerry, I stop handing out these huge contracts because its not working. If that is a $100 million dollar LT, then what the heck would Larry Allen be worth in this market?

I'm hopeful that this was just a blip on the radar but Tyrone is worrying me and I also fear that Romo's back may be more than most feared. The thought they both of these could be mistakes....not good.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Tyron is not a worry at all.

Right now Romo is the worry...

His contract is bad and he physically looks like he has taken a step back.

perrykemp

Reaction score
I believe Tyron Smith was worth the mega-contract, however, yesterday wasn't his finest hour.

As someone else smartly pointed out -- he isn't practicing every day against Ware -- he is practicing against scrubs and he needs to round himself into elite performance quickly.

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
I just have no patience for excuses anymore.

"Tony was rusty." Whose fault is that? The coaching staff should have him practicing regularly.

"But his back is gimpy!" Whose fault is that? Ownership. Don't give HUGE contracts to old players with back problems.

"They fell behind early." Whose fault is that? The players and the coaches. That's what happens when you are sloppy and undisciplined.

"We don't have any defensive depth." Oh, jeez...

All of this crap is going to continue on and on because the Cowboys organization has allowed it to be this way. It looks like the inmates are running the asylum. Take it from an ex-prison guard (me), that's a recipe for disaster. Someone needs to wield some authority and demand, DEMAND disciplined play or your *** is riding the bench, salary be damned.

Ken

Reaction score
Smith is a bum now?

No but his preseason performance and his 1st game are closer to 'bum' status than not. It is concerning because we just made this huge financial commitment to him and human nature is to take your foot off the gas....I hope it is the lack of competition, as someone stated earlier, than that of someone who lost a bit of drive...

Ken

Reaction score
No and anyone who says he is at this point is knee jerking and being foolish.

It is a concern.

Anyone who isn't concerned is being foolish. Guys who are worthy of $100 million dollar contracts never have a game like that. Leg whipping? Really?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is a concern.

Anyone who isn't concerned is being foolish. Guys who are worthy of $100 million dollar contracts never have a game like that. Leg whipping? Really?

Concern vs Bum are WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY different.

The question I replied to was...Smith is bum now?

Reactions: Ken

CCBoy

Reaction score
A mule is an animal with long pointed ears...and kicks his heels up at all that he hears.
So child beware...when you go to school...remember, you too can be a mule.

5985830388_198a1eb358_z.jpg

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is a concern.

So every player that has a huge contract is supposed to be perfect at all times, every play?

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Anybody knocking Tyron yesterday either doesn't understand football or didn't watch the game.

Romo was awful. When you're giving a QB 4+ seconds to throw the ball and he starts to step INTO where you are blocking..you're going to give up a sack because the QB is clueless as to what he's doing.

The other sack appeared to either be Tyron not catching the audible or a package play on a horrible audible called by Romo...where he just can't accept the fact that from that distance you just pound the rock up the middle, score your TD and move on.

We are a shotgun team without a running QB. Brilliant design scheme.

YR

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
The offensive line did more then enough to win that game yesterday. They are the least of Dallas' worries.