2006 Alamo Bowl makes history

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score
it earned a 6 share, making it the most watched bowl game in espn history.

also, 7 of the top 20 highest rated bowl's on espn have been alamo bowl games. (not bad for a game that has only been around since the 90's)

great for the bowl, and the city of san antonio.

:)

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
phillycowboyslover;1290275 said:
it earned a 6 share, making it the most watched bowl game in espn history.

also, 7 of the top 20 highest rated bowl's on espn have been alamo bowl games. (not bad for a game that has only been around since the 90's)

great for the bowl, and the city of san antonio.

Boy, it's almost hard to believe, where'd you find that info?

By the way, did you ever post any of the pictures you took at the game? I'd love to see them.

calico

Reaction score
Texas has a huge alum base all over the nation...makes me laugh at the Cotton Bowl, who had tickets going for less than $10 to try to sell them while the Alamo Bowl sold out in record time to a record capacity.

SA_Gunslinger

Reaction score
Taps-n-1;1290640 said:
Boy, it's almost hard to believe, where'd you find that info?

By the way, did you ever post any of the pictures you took at the game? I'd love to see them.

i read it yesterday in a local business newspaper.

i haven't posted pics yet, but i will when i get a few minutes. i got some good ones, for being in the upper deck.

SA_Gunslinger

Reaction score
calico;1291017 said:
Texas has a huge alum base all over the nation...makes me laugh at the Cotton Bowl, who had tickets going for less than $10 to try to sell them while the Alamo Bowl sold out in record time to a record capacity.

well, even though texas was closer than both of those other schools to their game..., when you consider it was nebraska vs auburn, it makes this a valid point.

i am SHOCKED that game didn't sell out, too.

Deputy493

Reaction score
calico;1291017 said:

That was only because there was no Texas team or OU......when UT, OU, A&M, or Tech play there it is sold out.......plus Auburn did not seem to travel that well.....when LSU, Arkansas or last year when I went, Alabama all travel well...........last year's game between Tech and Alabama was packed.

Living in Dallas I can tell you there was nowhere near the fanfare or hype leading up to this year's game as oppossed to when one of the Texas schools or OU show up.

calico

Reaction score
The more I think about it the more I am shocked. I would have thought several Holiday Bowls would have the highest ratings being they have a rep for high scoring games and they are a prime time, night game.

Wr3ckin_Cr3w

Reaction score
texas was pathetic to me. they played in what was basically a home game for them and barely won.

Deputy493

Reaction score
Wr3ckin_Cr3w;1341738 said:
texas was pathetic to me. they played in what was basically a home game for them and barely won.

yeah, but 3 of your 4 losses this year were at home (Kyle Field), including another loss to my Red Raiders, so how pathetic was that?

SA_Gunslinger

Reaction score
Wr3ckin_Cr3w;1341738 said:

funny...i thought losing a bowl game by 35 (T-H-I-R-T-Y F-I-V-E!!!) was more along the lines of "pathetic."

:lmao2: