2006 cap number?

JonCJG

Reaction score
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

2006 CAP NUMBER COULD STILL BE $98 MILLION

After a two-day delay, the NFL finally has announced the official cap numbers for 2006.

Per a league source, the per-team limit will be $94.1 million. There's a possibility, however, that the number will move to $98 million, pending the outcome of a grievance relating to certain television money.

If the CBA is extended before Friday, the cap will definitely shoot past $100 million, and possibly past $105 million.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
*Praying to God that a new CBA gets passed*

Not really. Personally I am on the fence about the whole thing.
I would be happy to sacrifice another year of losing for an uncapped year to lead to a league where players will get drafted and retire with the same team.

Besides that, I dont pray.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:
Not really. Personally I am on the fence about the whole thing.
I would be happy to sacrifice another year of losing for an uncapped year to lead to a league where players will get drafted and retire with the same team.

Besides that, I dont pray.

That's the great thing about being a Dallas fan right now. No matter what happens, we benefit.

If a CBA isnt passed, Washington's season is over before it starts

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
That's the great thing about being a Dallas fan right now. No matter what happens, we benefit.

If a CBA isnt passed, Washington's season is over before it starts

I will believe it when I see it. And you should know by now that I am not one to cower away from the heat.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
ESPN Reported 94.5 million is the number

Yes, $94.513 million is the current number (according to John Clayton). That could be adjusted a little anytime in the next month. Teams have until 10 p.m. Eastern on Thursday to get under the cap -- the NFL extended that deadline by six hours.