2006 cowboys mock draft

Cowboys&Caps

Reaction score
Our top needs this off season are...OT, OG, FS, WR,

Round 1 - - Marcus McNiel OT Auburn 6'9" 335 lb
Mountain of a man, to start at right tackle. Rob Pettiti now gets to groom to replace Flozell on the left side

Round 2 - - Sinorice Moss WR Miami 5'8" 185 lb
The fastest player in the draft gets to come in and become part of a suddenly young recieving corp. Oh yea the cowboys just want a Moss

Round 3 - - Charles Spencer OG Pittsburg 6'5" 330 lb
See a trend? Big linemen, Parcells wants to push people around Mcneil, and Spencer can do that. Plus there is still something between Spencer and Pettiti(the future right side)

Round 4 - - Chris Harrell FS Penn State 6'2" 210 lb
Fast FS with the skills to make it in the pros. just hope he is available.

Round 5 - - John Torp P Colorado
Top punter in college will be a constant in Dallas for many years. Again this may be a stretch hopefully he will be here

6&7 will be some slobs i hope Oline

Oh yea i think we will put forth a great effort to sign corey chavous from minnesota.

let me hear what you think

dalsyk

Reaction score
I don't believe we have a 4th round pick. We traded that to Philadelphia for the right to draft Canty.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
i was thinking no reason for a punter as well...

and instead of tackle in the first round i think we go guard...we need some insurance for rivera and pettiti will be much better next year as an RT

or we could go center...assuming we dont sign lecharles bentley

Hailmary

Reaction score
Do punters get drafted? Kickers yes, punters...I can't remember the last one who was taken before the last round. Besides, I'm happy w/ McBriar.

Is Chavous a FA after this season?

Reed

Reaction score
anthony smith is a nice fs we can get late in the draft

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
Well we don't have a 4th....there are some very decent Safties that should be available for the first round pick.

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
Man...
I like your mock alot.
(except the Petitti grooming to take over for Flozell part :eek: )
Dont know if it will be able to work out that way but hey...

Cant believe we are already talking draft. This season has flown by.

FRDRCK

DeWare94
Reaction score
i would like moss but i also really want dwayne slay from texas tech

thewivil

Reaction score
I'm not totally familiar with Moss, but the guy is a midget! I'd much rather have a speedster with a little more height than that.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Marcus Mcneill probably won't be there, but if he is, snatch him up QUICK. I like WR Martin Nance 6'5 210/ 4.3 40 catches everything according to the scouting reports.

I like your guard pick, but I think we need to think ILB and OLB in this draft at some point. Probably someone like Elvis Dumervill DE, with size and outstanding pass rushing ability. Scouts seem to think that he should convert to an OLB in a 3/4 (6'0 256)

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Round 1 - - Marcus McNiel OT Auburn 6'9" 335 lb
Mountain of a man, to start at right tackle. Rob Pettiti now gets to groom to replace Flozell on the left side

The best OT in the draft is what CrazyCowboy is hoping for!

Kaika

Have a Good Day Pilgrims
Reaction score
Are any of the above going high in the first round in your opnion?
I don't think that the draft is very strong this year, after the first 5 . I wouldn't be opposed to trading down to get more of what we need.
I could be wrong ,cause you guys are the Guru's.
CYL,
Sand

lkelly

Reaction score
I can't imagine drafting a Pittsburgh offensive lineman this coming spring. Did you see the turnstile group that played this year? Palko was lucky to have survived the season without suffering a massive head injury. When teams like Ohio and Rutgers are getting a lot of pressure on your QB, your line isn't destined for major NFL success.

trueblue1687

Reaction score
Hate to tell you guys this, but don't be shocked if McBriar is conspicuously missing from the Cowboys next year. For sure he can boom punts sometimes, but he is so freakin inconsistent that he will at the very least drawa HEAVY camp competition. Dream on about Petite at L tackle. His feet are WAY to slow for pro ball on the left side-why do you think nobody else grabbed him? He, too, will draw intense competition in camp but probably will still remain-but maybe not as a starter...but maybe as one, who knows. It won't be on the left side tho.

Fred Smith

Benched
Reaction score
McBriar has done fairly well - I don't see us drafting a punter. I hope we change our philosophy on kickers, though, and go into FA for a reliable Kicker. I like the rest of your picks - we definitely need to get the best OT on the board in the first round, followed by (in no particular order), a G, a WR, a FS, and a LB. If Beriault can stay healthy next year, he will be a definite plus to the S position and special teams.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Reed said:
anthony smith is a nice fs we can get late in the draft

He won't fall out of the second round.