2006 cowboys mock draft

Cowboys&Caps

Reaction score
trueblue1687 said:
Hate to tell you guys this, but don't be shocked if McBriar is conspicuously missing from the Cowboys next year. For sure he can boom punts sometimes, but he is so freakin inconsistent that he will at the very least drawa HEAVY camp competition. Dream on about Petite at L tackle. His feet are WAY to slow for pro ball on the left side-why do you think nobody else grabbed him? He, too, will draw intense competition in camp but probably will still remain-but maybe not as a starter...but maybe as one, who knows. It won't be on the left side tho.

Pettiti will surely have much better footwork in two or three years, enough so that he will be able to play on the left side. Im talking about like 09 when Flozell leaves or retires.

And im thinking Gurode might finally be the guy to step in and replace Rivera on the right side.

im hoping for this line in 3-4 years....
RT - Pettiti
RG - Spencer (rookie from pitt)
C - Lecharles Bentley/ Al Johnson
LG - Andre Gurode
LT - McNeil (rookie from Auburn)

Tricky-22

Git R Done
Reaction score
DeWare94 said:
i would like moss but i also really want dwayne slay from texas tech

I would rather have Hank Baskett from UNM. He is going to be a star in the NFL. And we could probably get him relatively late in the draft, maybe with a 3rd.

Natedawg44

Reaction score
I like the McNeil pick alot.
Moss I'm not as sure about. I think you can get someone like Skylar Green a little later on and he seems to have the same skill set if you are looking for a smurf/special teams WR type.
If we are picking WR I would love to have Travis Wilson in round 3. He was hampered by an injury and woeful QB play and is going to go later than he should. Mark Clayton, Mark Bradley and Brandon Jones all have had impact plays this year but last year Travis Wilson had more TD's than all of them and he has that size you love at 6'3" 220.

Hiero

Reaction score
I think that is a pretty good draft.
McNeill is my favorite player in this years draft( that we actually have a chance at). Moss is another one of the guys I would love to have. I am hoping he would fall to the 3rd. If Hank Baskett is there in the 2nd i'd rather get him. havent seen spencer play, but we definitely need a big guard. Punter is not a issue, make that pick a kicker lol.

J.Jones21 said:
Our top needs this off season are...OT, OG, FS, WR,

Round 1 - - Marcus McNiel OT Auburn 6'9" 335 lb
Mountain of a man, to start at right tackle. Rob Pettiti now gets to groom to replace Flozell on the left side

Round 2 - - Sinorice Moss WR Miami 5'8" 185 lb
The fastest player in the draft gets to come in and become part of a suddenly young recieving corp. Oh yea the cowboys just want a Moss

Round 3 - - Charles Spencer OG Pittsburg 6'5" 330 lb
See a trend? Big linemen, Parcells wants to push people around Mcneil, and Spencer can do that. Plus there is still something between Spencer and Pettiti(the future right side)

Round 4 - - Chris Harrell FS Penn State 6'2" 210 lb
Fast FS with the skills to make it in the pros. just hope he is available.

Round 5 - - John Torp P Colorado
Top punter in college will be a constant in Dallas for many years. Again this may be a stretch hopefully he will be here

6&7 will be some slobs i hope Oline

Oh yea i think we will put forth a great effort to sign corey chavous from minnesota.

let me hear what you think

jbsg02

Reaction score
Reed said:
anthony smith is a nice fs we can get late in the draft

He is a solid player, won't be Ed Reed, but worth a mid to late round

Cowboys&Caps

Reaction score
VACowboy said:
Linebackers, linebackers, linebackers.

definatly not in the first round

we have way too many good young linebackers, and way too many old decrepid offensive linemen to take a linebacker in the first maybe a LB in the second

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Tricky-22 said:
I would rather have Hank Baskett from UNM. He is going to be a star in the NFL. And we could probably get him relatively late in the draft, maybe with a 3rd.

I bow down before you :bow:

BlueStarDude

Reaction score
we have way too many good young linebackers

No, we have two: Ware and James. Burnett's knees can't be counted on. Shanle and Fowler are backup material, as is Fujita who will be a free agent IIRC.

We should draft one LB in the first or second round (Bobby Carpenter would be my choice) and another LB in a later round.

burmafrd

Reaction score
We go for at least one LB - Al will be coming back- but with BUrnett on a knee that has to make BP think about getting another one. Ratlief will be back- we are in pretty good shape on the line. Glover and Ellis will stay for one more year I think-more about making a run for the SB then anything else.

ghst187

Reaction score
OL: LeCharles Bentley is the key to shoring up our OL and getting JJ 1300 yards. AJ has been the weakest link all season.
I really hope Gurode has mentally figured it out at OG because he was devastating where the 10 million dollar man Rivera wasn't. Anyway, I think we draft a big G. We're going to need depth and to groom LA's replacement. Not sure how Peterman is doing. Flo is back and will be fine. I don't think we go after a replacement for Pettiti. I think he will be okay for us. I think we look in later rounds for another gem, maybe 2nd or 3rd at earliest. Look for Davin Joseph to slip, he's a G playing T right now. He'll have to play G in the NFL. Guards slip come draft day. There aren't any C's in the draft that impress me.

LB: Big need position. We have to have big playmakers at LB for our D to work right. I think Carpenter rates out very high on our draft board. LB's usually slide on draft day also. Hawk could even still be on the board, who knows? Not sure who will be available in FA but I think we need two LBs this offseason and at least one will be drafted. I will be interested to see if and how Kalen Thorton comes back. I thought he was really impressive in preseason, really gets after the QB. Haven't heard anything since he went IR but he could be a gem lurking on our roster that is yet to flourish. I think we probably also consider a guy like Dumervil. We know he can get after the QB, probably has the ability to play some LB and make the transition like Ware has. I think he will be closely watched at the combine and workouts. BP will look for the same abilities that he saw in Ware. Honestly, I love Ellis and Glover but I'm not sure how they have a spot on next year's team. Maybe one, but I doubt both. I think we'll draft a LB on day one and maybe that guy is a DE/LB in Ware's mold.

FS: Not sure who will be available in FA but this draft is LOADED with FS's. There will be starting FS's found in every round I think. I like Landry the most but there are a ton....Slay, Jason Allen, Jimmy Williams (will probably try to play CB for the $$$), guy from NM, ...and on and on...
I think Davis needs to go back and stay on ST's. Either we draft a FS or we sign one in FA.

WR: I think its Santonio Holmes in the first round or we don't draft a WR in the first. I'm starting to fear that we will sign TO. SH would give us a young TG that can return kicks. Holmes is a little like Mark Clayton from OU/Baltimore. Not big, but really fast, runs good routes, and catches everything. The fact that he can return kicks is tempting too. It gives him a place on the team while understudying (or awaiting an injury) TG. After SH, I think there are some decent guys in the later rounds but overall a fairly weak WR draft. 2007 should be the WR draft.

RB: I know we don't need one, but DeAngelo Williams is the real deal.
Maroney is going pro and he's the real deal also. Guy should be a VERY good pro and will probably not go all that high in the draft, maybe late first?

QB: I think we stand pat for one more season. I think BP won't want to worry DB drafting someone to eventually replace him. I think DB thinks he has about 5 more years left and I think he has 2-3. If that's the case, we can afford to wait one more season and see what we have in Henson and Romo. 2007 offseason will be critical though to have a replacement grooming and that draft will also have the best college QB I've seen in years...(see sig below)