2006 Dallas Cowboys mock from rounds 1-3

owne493

Benched
Reaction score
1st round: Cowboys trade La'Roi Glover for the 12th pick and select FS Michael Huff

18th pick: Cowboys select OT Jonathan Scott

2nd round: Cowboys trade Greg Ellis for a 2nd round pick and select OLB Thomas Howard

49th pick in the 2nd round: Cowboys select ILB Kai Parham

3rd round: Cowboys select OG Taitusi Lutui

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
I would bet the farm that Dallas will not take a Safety in the First 3 rounds.
It will be Linebacker , Oline and WR the first day.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I'm guessing this is not a real mock...maybe just an idea you have personally?

Because there's no way in hell anyone in the NFL would give up a #1 pick for Leroy Glover, especially not the #12 selection. They'd probably want our #18and Glover to move up to #12.

There is a slim chance that someone might give us a 2nd or 3rd round pick for Ellis.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
owne493 said:
1st round: Cowboys trade La'Roi Glover for the 12th pick and select FS Michael Huff

2nd round: Cowboys trade Greg Ellis for a 2nd round pick and select OLB Thomas Howard

I like Glover and think we should keep him...But if we are going to get the 12th pick in the First round for him...Go for it...But...as I'm sure you know that's a pipe Dream...BIG time...Not ever going to happen.

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
If you think Glover can fetch a first rounder then I've got some land to sell ya.

cowheel

Reaction score
owne493 said:

Some of you guys really have got your head in the clouds!
Who on earth would give a 1st rounder up for Glover at this point in his career?

The only teams I see make a trad for Glover are teams that think they are
(1) 3 Tech DT away from a Super Bowl..... and none of those teams are drafting in the top 25.

And even then... we'd be EXTREMELY lucky to get a bottom 2nd round pick for him.

Honestly, I think the best we could hope for would be a low 3rd rounder.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
You gotta love these fantasy mocks loaded with unrealistic trades.

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
owne493 said:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

This has got to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard or read. A first round pick for Leroi Glover? A second for Ellis?

Skip

Reaction score
I would love to get Huff, but not so sure I would give up Glover, but I would think about it for sure.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
owne493 said:

i'll never understand why some fans continue to think the owners of other NFL teams are incompetant morons. put the two together you won't get a round 1 pick much less the 12th pick for glover.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
DLCassidy said:
You forgot Romo to the Jets for the 4th pick.:rolleyes:

and hensen is going to light it up in NFLE and we can get the 2nd pick from the saints now. so in our fantasy world we:

trade hensen for the 2nd pick
trade romo for the 4th pick
glover for the 12th pick
we have our own 18th pick
ellis for a high 2nd round pick
we'll resign coakley and trade him for another 2nd round pick cause no one saw that genious coming

with all this, we can sign leinert and young and be in a position to trade one of these in a few years for a #1 overall pick to fill a WR spot when a bright shiney WR comes out in a few years. yes this leaves us with 4 qb's in the meantime but STOCKPILE MAN! STOCKPILE!!!

with then trade 12 and 18 to move up to the 5th spot and take hawk.

still with me?

for the 2nd round pick for ellis, we'll trade it to san deigo for rivers.

we then trade rivers to the jets for GUESS WHO??? that'll replace both glover AND ellis.

it's gonna be a great FREAKING FANTASY draft man!!!!!!!

ravidubey

Reaction score
Glover and Ellis are not worth much given people know they are not perfect for Dallas' system. Both are older, expensive, players with a few years left at best. You don't trade old and expensive for young and cheap when the talent level is similar. Ellis is a reliable 4-3 DE and Glover is an exceptional 4-3 DT. You're talking 4th round pick, max, or better a swap of picks as someone else suggested.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
owne493 said:

If I thought for 1 minute Glover could land the 12th pick I'd be giddy.

Lutui isn't going to be there in the 3rd.

What happened to our 2nd round pick? It go with Glover? Still don't buy it if so.

Ellis nets a 2nd rounder? Highly doubt it.

I think you've over valued our player given their ages and value to this team, i.e. more suited to 4-3 than 3-4. Why wouldn't other teams know they are being phased out? This lessens their value on the trade market drastically.

Not very realistic.

kartr

Reaction score
owne493 said:

NO! Bad idea.

kartr

Reaction score
ConcordCowboy said:
I like Glover and think we should keep him...But if we are going to get the 12th pick in the First round for him...Go for it...But...as I'm sure you know that's a pipe Dream...BIG time...Not ever going to happen.

On point. Glover is untradeable because of his contract, too good to release, so let's keep him and draft his heir apparent for him to mentor(Brod Bunkley of FSU in the first).

kartr

Reaction score
ravidubey said:
Glover and Ellis are not worth much given people know they are not perfect for Dallas' system. Both are older, expensive, players with a few years left at best. You don't trade old and expensive for young and cheap when the talent level is similar. Ellis is a reliable 4-3 DE and Glover is an exceptional 4-3 DT. You're talking 4th round pick, max, or better a swap of picks as someone else suggested.

Plus, these guys are solid citizens and solid players who can mentor our youngsters. They're the epitomy of class, professionalism and don't make excuses and go out every day and do their jobs. What more could we ask for?