2006 Draft with JJ/Lacewell

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
1) Pat Watkins FS - Now this kid is a FS, and last we looked FS is a need on this team. Some may think this was a reach but we are looking at this as an investment in the future of this organization. With time, weight training and coaching we project Pat to be one of the premier players in this league

2) Bradie Croyle QB - For those lucky enough to see this kid play know he's got something special. He was just to much to pass up at this spot. We think Bradie will be the heir apparant sooner than later.

3) Derek Hagan WR - We just can't believe a WR of Derek's ilk was still there for us in the 3rd round. Now we think we have it all figured out on why Derek Hagan is dropping everything. We ran into this last year with Quincy Morgan and believe we can fix that and we vary may well have a diamand here.

5) Tommy Jackson DT - We have done research that says Auburn churns out NFL ready players. We think Tommy was a solid day 2 addition.

6) ? Michael Robinson - We just feel he's a football player. Not sure what he is uyet but when we get him in camp we'll figure that out.

7) Charlesvan Lowry - S - Now Ireland kidded me and said don't draft him, no one's taking him in the draft. We can sign the kid for $2500 on Monday. Now I made my money in Oil and ol Larry Lacewell said Lowry reminded him some of a fella named Everson Walls. I fess up - I changed the card and took Lowry. Thats my pick!

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Nors said:
1) Pat Watkins FS - Now this kid is a FS, and last we looked FS is a need on this team. Some may think this was a reach but we are looking at this as an investment in the future of this organization. With time, weight training and coaching we project Pat to be one of the premier players in this league

2) Bradie Croyle QB - For those lucky enough to see this kid play know he's got something special. He was just to much to pass up at this spot. We think Bradie will be the heir apparant sooner than later.

3) Derek Hagan WR - We just can't believe a WR of Derek's ilk was still there for us in the 3rd round. Now we think we have it all figured out on why Derek Hagan is dropping everything. We ran into this last year with Quincy Morgan and believe we can fix that and we vary may well have a diamand here.

5) Tommy Jackson DT - We have done research that says Auburn churns out NFL ready players. We think Tommy was a solid day 2 addition.

6) ? Michael Robinson - We just feel he's a football player. Not sure what he is uyet but when we get him in camp we'll figure that out.

7) Charlesvan Lowry - S - Now Ireland kidded me and said don't draft him, no one's taking him in the draft. We can sign the kid for $2500 on Monday. Now I made my money in Oil and ol Larry Lacewell said Lowry reminded him some of a fella named Everson Walls. I fess up - I changed the card and took Lowry. Thats my pick!
Draft with BP & company.

BP's comments after the draft.

1.) We feel like Bobby Carpenter can move inside and be a force.
1b) We felt we needed 2 #1's to solidify our defense for years so we took Gabe Watson
2.) After the combine, we felt that Darryl Tapp could become a solid OLB (not great) but when it's time to get after the QB, it's all over for someone's QB.
3.) We think that Pat Watkins will be our starter at FS day 1.
5.) Devon Hester is the steal of the draft, and I'll go out on a limb and say he'll return 3 punts for touch downs this year.
7. We found this kid in a small school but Willie Hall is going to solidify that RT position after Jeff Backus moves on.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Cowboy_love_4ever said:

keep thinking Carpenter is going to be moved inside

Cowboy_love_4ever said:
5.) Devon Hester is the steal of the draft, and I'll go out on a limb and say he'll return 3 punts for touch downs this year.

never seen a player w/o a position become a steal

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
keep thinking Carpenter is going to be moved inside

never seen a player w/o a position become a steal
If they don't think he can, then I take Lawson. But I figured he was talented enough to move inside.

And maybe Hester will not neccessarily be a steal, but as a punt returner, he will be a star. Maybe we take him in the 7th, that way if he doesn't work out, then so what..:)

Reaction score
The only real draft idea I like after reading all of this is Devon Hester in the 3rd or 4th round if he's available. The guy makes things happen in the kickoff and punt return game.

Reaction score
Wow, I must be totally out of the mainstream. See, I thought our offensive line looked like caca the second half of the season, and that our starting OGs will both be over 34 going into training camp. I also thought that, like the Seahawks & Steelers, you had to keep drafting OL in the higher rounds in order to dominate when you get into the "Red Zone". Those two teams, one of which has the NFL Rushing Leader & NFL MVP, run whenever & through and over whomever they please. I thought that is how you build a Super Bowl team: A dominating offense built around a dominating OL, and an attacking defense built around speed, strength, and size.

My bad. I guess the two teams that made it in just got lucky.

Hiero

Reaction score
That is far too high for Watkins.
Put Scott or McNeill in the first, and Watkins in the 2nd. Hagan sucks, he isnt fast, and Crayton is already a much better possession guy. We need a speed guy if we are going to get a WR, and Hagan is the dropmaster I don't want him in any rd unless its the last.
rd 5 I dont know the guy
Rd 6 Michael Robinson? What do we plan to play him at? Garbage pick and garbage player.

Nors said:

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I'm not saying Carpenter will be moved inside, I think he could be moved inside. If he can't be moved inside, then so be it. No harm...:)

austintodallas

Consider Yourself Sucked
Reaction score
Right, I'm with you. I think the Cowboys should draft Carpenter and move him inside.

Wondering why summerisfunner feels this is not feasible.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Hiero said:
That is far too high for Watkins.
Put Scott or McNeill in the first, and Watkins in the 2nd. Hagan sucks, he isnt fast, and Crayton is already a much better possession guy. We need a speed guy if we are going to get a WR, and Hagan is the dropmaster I don't want him in any rd unless its the last.
rd 5 I dont know the guy
Rd 6 Michael Robinson? What do we plan to play him at? Garbage pick and garbage player.

Uh, hello - I agree with everything you said and was goofing on Lacewell and our horrific drafts last deacade pre Parcells.....:p:

fortdick

Reaction score
Cowboy_love_4ever said:
Draft with BP & company.

BP's comments after the draft.

1b) We felt we needed 2 #1's to solidify our defense for years so we took Gabe Watson
2.) After the combine, we felt that Darryl Tapp could become a solid OLB (not great) but when it's time to get after the QB, it's all over for someone's QB.
3.) We think that Pat Watkins will be our starter at FS day 1.
7. We found this kid in a small school but Willie Hall is going to solidify that RT position after Jeff Backus moves on.

I like this! :bow: