2006 Free Agent List By Team

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Well, I for one agree with you on Schoebel, IR.

I hate to say it, but Campbell is starting to look to me like he's either so old, beat up, or both that he's really of limited effectiveness. A tight end who's not a threat in the passing game really isn't of that much use. If all he needs to do is block, why not just put a reserve undersized tackle in there?

My question is, would Schoebel want to leave an up-and-coming team like the Bengals, especially with Palmer becoming one of the game's best QBs? I would doubt it, but stranger things have happened.

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
InmanRoshi said:
I don't see SF letting Peterson walk since they use the 3-4 and he's the only young playmaker they have on defense.

I agree...however, Abraham may not want to resign with the Jets. Last year I was so so on signing him as a high priced FA. If he's the only big ticket we bring in it would make this defense absolutely dominate.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Portland Fanatic said:
I agree...however, Abraham may not want to resign with the Jets. Last year I was so so on signing him as a high priced FA. If he's the only big ticket we bring in it would make this defense absolutely dominate.

He will get franchised again I bet...

burmafrd

Reaction score
One of the V kickers for sure. Then a Guard and a Tackle and a Center- the best we can get. Then a couple of LB's and a FS. That is my shopping list.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
There are some pretty nice FB's on the market with William Henderson, Mack Strong, Tony Richardson and Fred Beasley.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab said:
My question is, would Schoebel want to leave an up-and-coming team like the Bengals, especially with Palmer becoming one of the game's best QBs? I would doubt it, but stranger things have happened.

We're not exactly chopped liver over here. They do have Carson Palmer, and he pretty much exclusively throws to the WR's. Reggie Kelly, has only caught 8 passes this year. Schoebel has caught 11.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
InmanRoshi said:
There are some pretty nice FB's on the market with William Henderson, Mack Strong, Tony Richardson and Fred Beasley.

All of these guys are a touch old, wouldn't you think? None of them look like good signings for other than a year, which in most cases they would probably just stay where they are as they have been long-time members of each of their respective clubs.

If I wanted a FB badly enough, I would consider giving up a draft pick to get Jeremi Johnson or look at Rock Cartwright or Obafemi Ayanbadejo, who both fit the Parcells mold somewhat since they can run and catch. For that matter, go after Najeh Davenport.

Bryan8284

Reaction score
As great as it would be to get Bentely at center, can we really afford to throw him money when Flozell, Larry, and Marco are all pulling big numbers down? That's a lot of money in the OL. Big decision there. Though I do think bringing in a big time center would be amazing. The OL would get a lot better.

Verdict

Reaction score
Looks like we are in decent shape THIS year on free agents, but next year is a different story. I dont see any Cowboys that we would pay any serious money to keep.

Natedawg44

Reaction score
Sammy Morris and Heath Evans could be possible ads
At TE I'm throwing this out there Chris Baker for the Jets. Heck he's filled in at Tackle for them so you know he can block. Seems much more athletic than Campbell. Thats pretty much what we need the most. I think Bentley is a pipe dream (franchise).

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Akin Ayodele could be an interesting low level FA who could be good bargain. He was a college DE who's been converted to play SOLB in Jack Del Rio's 4-3. Very similar to Roosevelt Colvin coming out of Purdue. Was a 3rd round draft pick. Might thrive in a more natural position in the 3-4.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Natedawg44 said:
At TE I'm throwing this out there Chris Baker for the Jets. Heck he's filled in at Tackle for them so you know he can block. Seems much more athletic than Campbell. Thats pretty much what we need the most. I think Bentley is a pipe dream (franchise).

Good one with Baker. He was doing well before he ended up on I.R.

I also agree about Bentley.

ZenItRam

Reaction score
jimmy4713 said:
Will Witherspoon for the Panthers is a heckuva LB. I bet he is on BPs radar during FA.

I agree with this ... he could really help our linebacking core ...

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
C LeCharles Bentley Definitely better than anyone we currently have.

G Toniu Fonoti This dude is a monster. Can dominate the LOS.

LB Hunter Hillenmeyer He's playing really well on that Bears defense.

Ashwynn

Reaction score
Will Demps, S, Baltimore. This is the one guy if we can get him will complete the secondary. As much as everyone raves about Reed, me included, It is Demps that makes this secondary. He allows Reed to take that chance and go for the game changing play. When Reed misses, Demps is there to clean up the mess and limit the damage.