2006 NFL Draft Strengths

daniukid

Reaction score
You know how they usually banter about if this year is strong for QBs, DBs, etc.? Has anyone found out if:
a) Overall, this will be a good draft (I know difficult to read until underclassmen declare)
b) Specifically, which areas of the draft will be strong? I'm hoping that OLs will be a good bunch for us.
-daniukid

Cowboy from New York

Reaction score
Check out the nfldraftcountdown site, its pretty good. Its slow on the updates now, obviously with the season in full swing but its really good in the usual workup prior to the draft.Havent checked it out in a bit but earlier they had several OT listed as going in the 1st round.

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
Cowboy from New York said:
Check out the nfldraftcountdown site, its pretty good. Its slow on the updates now, obviously with the season in full swing but its really good in the usual workup prior to the draft.Havent checked it out in a bit but earlier they had several OT listed as going in the 1st round.
I've read the draft will be deep with O-Linemen and linebackers with a few good RB's, QB's and Safties.

billyrags

Reaction score
There are a number of LBs that I would be interested in

AJ Hawk Ohio State
Bobby Carpenter Ohio State
Ahmed Brooks Virginia
Dimeco? Ryans Alabama

Although I would rather get John Abraham or LeCharles Bentley and draft best player availalble.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
This draft is much better than last years from top to bottom if a few key Jrs declare.

At least five, maybe as many as eight players this year would have been #1 last year.

Mid-second rounders this year would have gone in the first last year.

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
daniukid said:
You know how they usually banter about if this year is strong for QBs, DBs, etc.? Has anyone found out if:
a) Overall, this will be a good draft (I know difficult to read until underclassmen declare)
b) Specifically, which areas of the draft will be strong? I'm hoping that OLs will be a good bunch for us.
-daniukid

At this point this will be a very strong OT year...one of the best i years. As many as 5 or 6 tackles could be taken in the first round....or some may slide because of need...knowing they can get a good one in the second....

Appears to be a fairly weak WR class, however there seem to be some solid ones. I think a big group will go in the 2nd and 3rd rounds...only a couple in the first.

I also think there are some really good LB's...players like:
Hawk
Brooks
Greenway
Carpenter
Ryans

All these guys could be first rounders plus others that may do well at the combine...

QB's...Even if Quinn, Young come out I don't consider this a strong class...with that said I'd bet both Qiunn and Young will NOT come out.

Remember this is just my opinion and what I've read and heard....

stilltheguru

Reaction score
pardon me for asking but why do we need john abraham?

what position will he play for us again?

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
stilltheguru said:
pardon me for asking but why do we need john abraham?

what position will he play for us again?

OLB opposite Ware............good and bad.

The good is they would be dangerous as OLB duo.
The bad...who is RDE in the nickle/4-3 look???

Cowboy from New York

Reaction score
With BP at the helm I think in the top of the draft we'll be looking at LBs, a young interior D lineman to learn behind Ferguson and Glover (less pressure here with Ratliff returning) and ofcourse interior O-line.
I can't see BP going high for an offensive skill position now that he is set at RB and "set" at QB (for his tenure). Besides, didnt someone recently list BPs high WR picks in the draft and it was terrible?
Let him stick to the position he knows, we get a good interior LB and this D will be dominant.

baj1dallas

Reaction score
It's definitely a good draft for OT and LB after the last couple years which have been questionable at both positions.

Rush 2112

Reaction score
Portland Fanatic said:
OLB opposite Ware............good and bad.

The good is they would be dangerous as OLB duo.
The bad...who is RDE in the nickle/4-3 look???

Ellis, Ware, Abraham.

Abraham Ellis Glover Ware