Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
Richmond Cowboy said:
Nice to see our list is short.

Quincy Morgan will be available...:)
So will Antonio Bryant...

:rolleyes:

After this season, they'll both come crawling back.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
ghst187 said:
I liked OG Hutchinson but he'd be too pricey to sit and wait for LA or Rivera to retire.
I think we're going to have to use a day one pick to get an OG, and there should be plenty in the next draft. LA can't play forever and we know that Gurode isn't the answer. It should be interesting to see if we even re-sign Gurode. We're gonna need a young guy to develop behind our current guys. Not sure about Peterman either.
That list was pretty underwhelming. I honestly didn't see hardly any upgrades that we could get over what we have....maybe Kicker and FS Demps but slim pickings overall. Didn't see any LBs jump out at me. Julian Peterson, but still don't think he's the same player he was. I don't know how we could sign a FA WR to make any kind of contribution. It'd be too expensive to sign someone as a backup, wait, we're already doing that. More of a draft issue too because we're heavy there right now.
FS's aren't expensive on the FA market, you just have to find what you want. You do typically want someone with experience though. I think FS might be a good candidate to grab a FA.
LB might be also, but I'm not sure there will be any of interest available.
Next offseason I'm seeing:
FA: FS, K
Draft: OG, LB, WR

and hopefully 2007 draft:
QB Brady Quinn (if Henson still stinks)
and a 3-4 NT

I'd take LeCharles Bentley. If he doesn't replace LA, throw him in at center.

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
zagnut said:
I think they were all available last year and we should have signed at least one of the Safeties then.
You left off Lance Shulters as well who looks to be available next year, too.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
junk said:
Demps and Hope are possibilities. I'd like to add a young guy.

Ditto.......The younger player is the way to go. ;)

DeathToTheSkinS

Reaction score
Great post....Haha how awkward would that be if Antonio Bryant came crawling back to us. Hes a fantastic talent as we all saw his rookie yr. Also, i think the fullback situation depends on this yr as in how we do without using one everyday. Another safety is a huge concern. I like Archuleta and Dexter Jackson.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
screw AB

and looking at the list, I'm glad we spent all our money this year, wouldn't want to do it in '06, and cash-strap us down the road, I'd say sign Chavous, Schulters, or HOpe, after re-signing Peerless, Fujita, Campbell

DeathToTheSkinS

Reaction score
Im not sayin we would take him, i dnt want him neway, He complains but not in a way that helps the team, hes like a little T.O. only without the talent jus the attitude. Besides I think Crayton will be jus fine...jus fine

Hiero

Reaction score
junk said:
wow if he was available, hed be perfect at C, no more playing 2 guys. then gurode could be depth at g, al johnson at backup center. I havent seen him play this year, but in the pass hes been a pretty good center/guard.

Skeptic

Reaction score
junk said:
But then we'd have to sign Tyson Walter again, just to get the rematch going.

Bill gets to play ring-girl.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Nice research......appreciate it......I see WR Antonio Byrant is available.....he will be approx two years more mature by then.....what do you guys think? hahaha

Hiero

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy said:
Nice research......appreciate it......I see WR Antonio Byrant is available.....he will be approx two years more mature by then.....what do you guys think? hahaha
heh bryant isn't going to want to sign to be the 4th or 5th guy.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
Chavous would be fantastic next to big Roy. Thats who i hope we go after, not sold on Archuleta because of his coverage skillz or lack off those

Natedawg44

Reaction score
Kalimba Edwards as a DE/rush OLB would be interesting. I'd take Chris Hope over Will Demps as well.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
I'd rather pass on Kalimba, we got Burnett, if Kalimba keeps up his play, he's going to be asking for some money

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
A friend found some errors. I am missing at least one Packer (Grey Ruegamer) and NFL.com lists Craig Nall as having 2 years experience when, in reality, he has 4 and is an unrestricted free agent after the season (if you click on Nall's name, it correctly lists him as having 4 years experience).

I double check the ***** and correct them tonight.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Not that it matter much but Vinterception signed a 2 year deal with the Jets.

Thanks for the work junk.

Ike Hilliard is in a contract year. That explains his season thus far a little better. Hmmm...

The Steelers are very pleased with Hope, I think his #1 choice would be Carolina but with Minter at that position, I think he may take a hard look at Atlanta. He lives in SC near the NC border just south of Charlotte.

Only a few players I can conceive playing for the Commanders.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:
Not that it matter much but Vinterception signed a 2 year deal with the Jets.

Thanks for the work junk.

Ike Hilliard is in a contract year. That explains his season thus far a little better. Hmmm...

The Steelers are very pleased with Hope, I think his #1 choice would be Carolina but with Minter at that position, I think he may take a hard look at Atlanta. He lives in SC near the NC border just south of Charlotte.

Only a few players I can conceive playing for the Commanders.

According to nflpa.org and every article I read, Vinny is only signed through 2005 with the Jets.

If you have a link that shows otherwise, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
My thoughts on our Free Agents first.

Dallas Cowboys

Dan Campbell TE (Must re-sign him. Letting him go would be foolish.)

Jose Cortez K (He's a kicker. Could care less but don't see how.)

Scott Fujita OLB (I'd definitely like to ink him to a long term deal.)

Andre Gurode* G (Definitely want to keep him. Versatile and it would drive Nors nuts.) :D

Eric Ogbogu DE/OLB (He's gone more likely than not.)

Peerless Price WR (Has 11 games left to prove he's worth keeping. Probably gone.)

Anthony Thomas RB (Barber and Thompson have proven their worth. He hasn't.)

Now, the Free agents who catch my eye immediately. Lots of them won't be available I'm sure, but there is some good talent here. The list starts right where I'd like to go first. Will Demps at FS would be a nice addition. Some are roster fillers. Some are dreaming big. Some would contribute nicely.

Baltimore Ravens

Will Demps FS

Cincinnati Bengals
Jon Kitna QB

Indianapolis Colts
Edgerrin James RB
Larry Tripplett DT
Mike Vanderjagt K
Reggie Wayne WR

New England Patriots
Adam Vinatieri K

New York Jets