2006 Texas vs USC Greatest Game Ever?

DBoys

Reaction score
Yes or No?

I never thought a game could top the one Texas played last year against Michigan. Hands down the greatest game I have ever witnessed.

jimmy40

Reaction score
DBoys said:
Yes or No?

I never thought a game could top the one Texas played last year against Michigan. Hands down the greatest game I have ever witnessed.
Texas vs Arkansas is also in the top three or four.

Natedawg44

Reaction score
I was being sarcastic its up there. The only question I have now is does the 2005 USC team beat 95 Nebraska. What a fricking joke. Thanks for the laughs ESPN

parchy

Reaction score
Titans-Rams Super Bowl was better, as was the Music City Miracle game.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
NO, but it was a game where both defenses were overrated because in the second half, whichever team had the ball scored just about every time. I knew USC had problems on defense, playing 5 guys who are freshmen/sophomores, but the Texas defense couldn't stop USC either.

Exciting if you like lots of points and offense, but along with poor refereeing, I would not call it the greatest game ever just because it was decided in the final seconds.

For once, either team could have won...that's nice, and neither team quit...too bad the Super Bowl isn't like that very often.

Glenn Carano

Reaction score
DBoys said:
Yes or No?

Not even close.

TwoSteppinJJ

Reaction score
wayne_motley said:
NO, but it was a game where both defenses were overrated because in the second half, whichever team had the ball scored just about every time. I knew USC had problems on defense, playing 5 guys who are freshmen/sophomores, but the Texas defense couldn't stop USC either.

Exciting if you like lots of points and offense, but along with poor refereeing, I would not call it the greatest game ever just because it was decided in the final seconds.

For once, either team could have won...that's nice, and neither team quit...too bad the Super Bowl isn't like that very often.

I dont think the defenses were overrated the offenses were just that damn good. Texas defense was a little overrated against the run, I kind of thought they would have had trouble sstopping the run well mainly white.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No it was not the best game ever.

Heck it was no better than this years sugar bowl IMO...similar scores.

I think one of the best college games I remember seeing was the 1997 Rose bowl with Ohio State vs Arizona State.

Now Vince Young may have played the best as an individual bowl game I have seen...but in no way was it the best bowl game ever IMO.

Heck I even liked the LSU vs Oklahoma championship better.

Then again this poll will not be too hard to figure out considering many on the board are Texas Fans.

royhitshard

Reaction score
The "Greatest Game of the Century" between OU and Nebraska has to rank right up, there if not better.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I've never seen a better National Championship game and I've seen a few of them. A truely great game. I thought the officiating in that game was poor put I also felt as if it was poor for both teams. I do believe the best team won. I do believe Vince Young is the best player in the country and have felt as such for some time. SC has been great for College football these past few years and they deserve congratulations. Leinart needs to learn to be a bit more humble. I think he has bought into this whole BS best team best offense ever thing. Simply not true in my opinion but then, he is young and it's hard not to read your own press clippings. I do not believe that Reggie Bush is the best RB since Gayle Sayers and I don't believe that even now, he's the best in College football. I do believe that he is a great, great player and I also believe that he will have a fantastic Pro career, barring injury. If he goes to the right team, a team like SF perhaps, he can be great. He has also earned my respect for how he handled the loss, how he interviewed etc. The antithisys of Leinart IMO. Hands down the better player out of the two IMO in every way. JMO