2006 WR Class?

Dayton Cowboy

Reaction score
Considering that Jerry and Bill did not address the WR position this year. I was wondering which receivers will be considered pre-season top 10 at that position? And what about possible draft eligible juniors at the end of the year??

Living in buckeye land.. I really only know about Santonio Holms and Ted Ginn Jr(unfortunately he's only a sophomore)...

I also have heard some things about Nance from Univ of Miami-Ohio..

Natedawg44

Reaction score
Travis Wilson will be the best SR. WR when its all said and done. Eerily similar to David Boston while at OSU.

Dayton Cowboy

Reaction score
Natedawg44 said:
Travis Wilson will be the best SR. WR when its all said and done. Eerily similar to David Boston while at OSU.

Thanks Nate,

Where does Wilson play? I tend to think that WR might be a position we look at next season in the draft since we didn't address it this year..

ghettogandhi

Reaction score
I encourage everyone to check out my post THE NEXt GREAT THING FROM U OF MD. located in the college zone section.

AS for wr dont know much about the wrs in college right now- although I believe VA has a tall stud wr..?

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
Why waste time thinkin about WR in 2006. BP said we are solid at WR. Look for more D in 2006. We will never use a 1st rounder on WR or get a top FA WR. Guranteed.

zagnut

Reaction score
Dayton_Cowboy said:
Thanks Nate,

Where does Wilson play? I tend to think that WR might be a position we look at next season in the draft since we didn't address it this year..

He plays for Oklahoma. Had a nice year last year playing alongside Clayton. 6-3/215-220. Very good athlete and kind of under the radar considering where he plays. 50 catches and 11 TDs LY.

Two guys that might step up are Ryan Moore of Miami and Robert Meacham of Tennessee. Both are underclassmen though. Moore is 6-2/215 and had an injury last year that made him ineffective most of the year, but from what I've read he's been a monster in Spring ball. He's also got a MUCH better QB throwing to him this year in Kyle Wright. Meacham is a redshirt Soph and goes about 6-4/210. He shares time with two other very good WRs, but Meacham is in a different class. Big time deep threat.

Vernon Davis of Maryland might be considered a WR if he left the weight room once in a while. He's probably outgrown the WR position at 6-3/245-250, but he's faster than Mike Williams and an unreal athlete. Not much of a blocker for a TE either. Maryland uses him in a variety of spots. I wouldn't be shocked if some teams consider him at WR. Think a stronger, faster Shannon Sharpe. Again though, he's a junior.

Pickings will be slim in 2006.