2007 NFL Champion NY GIANTS - This years Dallas Cowboys

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Both started 0 - 2.

Both were and are talking about firing all kinds of coaches.

My suggestion. Obviously no more Superbowl talk. No more division leader talk. No more playoff talk. 1 game at a time talk.

We can start talking about the division if we get to 4-2.

We can start talking about the playoffs if we get to 8-4.

We can start talking about winning the conference if we win a playoff game this year.

We can start talking about winning the Superbowl if we win the NFC.

Until we hit these benchmarks? Let's take every game like it's make or break to get us into the playoffs.

1 game at a time.......... :star:

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
How is this going to happen?

This team has no running game, and good luck winning three playoff games on the road without one.

Plus, they can't play themselves, so they can't have a game handed to them.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Not saying they are the same team and that Dallas will achieve the same result as the NY Giants.

What I am saying is they were and are sitting at the same point this time of the year.

The Giants turned it around, can we? It was not that long ago NY pulled if off either.

Leadership must supersede all from here on out.

1fisher

Reaction score
MegaMagick;3575273 said:
Good things will never happen to the cowboys ever again.

I don't know about ever... but the immediate future doesn't look good.:mad:

Kangaroo

Reaction score
AKATheRake;3575301 said:
Not saying they are the same team and that Dallas will achieve the same result as the NY Giants.

What I am saying is they were and are sitting at the same point this time of the year.

The Giants turned it around, can we? It was not that long ago NY pulled if off either.

Leadership must supersede all from here on out.

They had Coughlin who is a task master that let up a little we have a laid back aw shucks guy that can not be a taskmaster. Do I think we have it in the cards no because the coaching staff is fractured and broken

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Wade didn't even want to run with this nonsense today.

:laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1:

MegaMagick

Reaction score
Hell most of us thought we were going to do something that was never done before by winning a home superbowl, so let's overcome all the dagum odds!

Super bowl champs, believe.

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
I was looking at some other teams that started 0-2 that made it to at least the second round of the playoffs:

2008 San Diego Chargers.....lost in the second round to Pittsburgh
2003 Philadelphia Eagles.....lost in the NFC Championship game to Carolina

Did these teams win the Super Bowl, no but my feeling is once you get in the playoffs anything can happen ala the 2007 Giants or the 2005 Steelers that won it as a 6th seed. I know we have major issues but I'm not ready to give up on this team just yet.......BELIEVE!!

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Kangaroo;3575327 said:
They had Coughlin who is a task master that let up a little we have a laid back aw shucks guy that can not be a taskmaster. Do I think we have it in the cards no because the coaching staff is fractured and broken

You're right! I see it the same way but the results are possible. I've been on this forum all day breaking all kinds of things down we can improve.

Coaching/management are first on the dozen fixes I believe in. Look, they were in turmoil then, we're in it now. We're both big markets in this league under the microscope.

Coughlin no doubt can put his foot in someone's rear but that locker room was wild that year and wasn't buying into him that year. NY was a very disjointed group then. Somehow Coughlin got them together and it was them against the world by the end of that season.

At least these guys aren't throwing Wade under the bus. NY was throwing Coughlin under the bus. Wade needs to fire it up, no doubt. But at least he's got some of these players ears still.

Garrett, who knows. Wade's got to get into the whole mix there and special teams. Knowing enough or not, the players need to see the boss managing all facets of the team.

mldardy

Reaction score
I mentioned the similarities to the 07 Giants last night and it is very similar after the 1st two games it is a little scary but the Cowboys have to want to turn their season around. The Cowboys need to dictate what happens. It's not going to magically happen just because it is similar to the Giants.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Ender;3575636 said:
Fans comparing this team to the 07 Giants...... smh

Don't think anyone in this thread is saying we're similar to the NY Giants as a team. We're talking about the fact that an 0-2 start isn't the end and teams have made the playoffs and actually won the Superbowl.

If you read my whole original post, I stated a fact that NY started out 0-2 when they won their championship.

I also stated we need to stop talking about winning the division, going to the playoffs and winning the Superbowl until we reach some bench marks that would suggest those things possibly happening.

All we have shown is that we are 0-2. But the point is to express that when teams start out like we do, they make adjustments to move forward and get results like the playoffs. When teams don't they end up with a top 5 draft pick that gets paid 30-40 million guaranteed.

Hopefully this team can get together like the Giants did. That's the point of this thread. The odds are against us. We all know that, but it is possible with adjustments.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
mldardy;3575547 said:
I mentioned the similarities to the 07 Giants last night and it is very similar after the 1st two games it is a little scary but the Cowboys have to want to turn their season around. The Cowboys need to dictate what happens. It's not going to magically happen just because it is similar to the Giants.

Absolutely agree. Have many posts up in other threads saying the same exact thing. But it is possible to turn it around if the necessary adjustments are made.