***2008 Pro Bowl Announcement Thread***

BigD

Got 5? We do!
Reaction score
theebs;2500075 said:
I feel for him, But I think the big prize will cheer everyone up.

The fact that romo is not there over drew brees and kurt warner is laughable to me, but I am glad because this should motivate these guys.

And I hope Romo gets a shot at warner and manning head to to head in the playoffs.

I whole-heartedly agree. Hopefully this with further ignite the fire and passion in some of these guys and WE WILL GET IT DONE.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
bootsy;2500100 said:
Brett Favre over Phillip Rivers. Another joke. Favre is close to 20 INTs this season. Rivers leads the AFC in TD passes.:banghead:

Favre is 9-5

Rivers is 6-8

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
dargonking999;2500127 said:
Favre is 9-5

Rivers is 6-8

You definatly have a point here but on the other side of the coin, Rivers is the only QB in the NFL with a QBRT of over 100. 101.4, to be exact. Next on that list is Tony Romo at 98.3 so yeah, I guess QB rating doesn't really mean much after all....

:laugh2:

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I love Favre, always been a fan, but that is a shaft of Rivers. He should absolutely be there over Brett.

Ware, Ratliff, and Witten are no surprise. I really wasn't expecting any Dallas O-Linemen to make it but I guess I can't argue against Andre or Bigg.

I honestly thought Newman might have had an outside shot of getting in because of how well he's played when he's been healthy but I understand why he's not there.

Only 6 for the Giants is surprising to me. I figured they'd get at least 10. Don't know why, I just did.

Also I do think Bradie James deserved some credit here but I figured he'd have no real shot given the competition he's up against with Beason, Willis, Urlacher.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
I thought they always take 4 cbs. When do the announce reserves? It's still possible Bradie, Flo, Romo, TNew all get to go.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
I'm not sure there's been a better corner than Newman in the NFC this year, but he just missed too many games to make the team. And the one game he tried to play early, he was clearly hurtin' and was toasted for it.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Muhast;2500188 said:
I thought they always take 4 cbs. When do the announce reserves? It's still possible Bradie, Flo, Romo, TNew all get to go.

Depends on injuries

One of the Williams' from Minn is hurt and unless their lawsuit is overturned the other may not get to play after getting popped for the supplement.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2500213 said:
Depends on injuries

One of the Williams' from Minn is hurt and unless their lawsuit is overturned the other may not get to play after getting popped for the supplement.

But Samuels is out for the year, so prob Adams makes it.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
What's funny is that out of all of the Commanders who won the fan voting, or finished among the top five, only four of them made the team -- and all four of those made it on offense, despite the fact that the Commanders' offense is horrid.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
cmacch;2500306 said:
Maybe this is a stupid question, but why Carney over Folk?

Carney has kicked 31 field goals (made 29) to folks 19 attempts (hitting 17) and the Giants have been the better team most of the season.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Actually generally speaking this was pretty good for the Pro Bowl. Abraham got shafted I think. But you can't argue with who went. James isn't getting in ahead of Beason and Willis. Ain't gonna happen although I think he is playing very well right now.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
jobberone;2500428 said:
James isn't getting in ahead of Beason and Willis. Ain't gonna happen although I think he is playing very well right now.

James isn't even an alternate. The three alternates are Antonio Pierce, London Fletcher and Brian Urlacher.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2500441 said:
James isn't even an alternate. The three alternates are Antonio Pierce, London Fletcher and Brian Urlacher.

wat about newman?